PDA

View Full Version : What a feeling!

davidpizzica
03-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Today is the most pain-free day I had since the accident. I walked around my local mall today without feeling my ribs at all. I can stil feel a twinge if I cough deeply or take a real deep breath. As far as walking is concerned, it felt great!!

Karen
03-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Congratulations! Nice feeling, especially now trhat spring is coming, and it'll be walking weather again ... sooner where you are than here, probably but still ... it's a good thing!

Kalei
03-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow! That is sooo great! It's always nice to be able to do something feeling completely perfect:) Alot of days my muscles are either sore or I'm tired, and when I get a day where I don't feel either...I feel like I could do anything:D

davidpizzica
03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Congratulations! Nice feeling, especially now trhat spring is coming, and it'll be walking weather again ... sooner where you are than here, probably but still ... it's a good thing!
Yes it is Karen, especially after all of the painful days I went through to get this far. If I feel this good, maybe I'll try bowling again this sunday in my church league (I'll be careful).

cassiesmom
03-20-2007, 05:20 PM
YEAH!!! I wish you many, many more of these kind of days!

Lobodeb
03-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Congratulations! I can't imagine how painful broken ribs must be, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Just try not to push it, though.

Daisy and Delilah
03-20-2007, 10:43 PM
What a feeling is right David!! YAY for you!! Enjoy your new mobility. :D

I'm now facing knee replacement surgery and I may be PM'ing you for advice. I thought about starting a thread about it since it seems so prevalent these days. :(

JenBKR
03-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Yay David! I am so happy for you! It must be such a relief to be able to walk around without pain :D After all the rain this week, maybe you'll be able to enjoy some of the nice weather we are supposed to get over the weekend. ;)

davidpizzica
03-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Yay David! I am so happy for you! It must be such a relief to be able to walk around without pain :D After all the rain this week, maybe you'll be able to enjoy some of the nice weather we are supposed to get over the weekend. ;)
Jen, it felt good to walk around Monroeville Mall again! Saturday I plan to be at Petco volunteering with Cat Sense. It's great to have a new car and get out and DO things!

JenBKR
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Jen, it felt good to walk around Monroeville Mall again! Saturday I plan to be at Petco volunteering with Cat Sense. It's great to have a new car and get out and DO things!

I figured that's where you were. And back to Petco woohoo! You must be so excited!

davidpizzica
03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Today was pretty good. The only time I have a little pain is when I get out of a chair or a couch.There's really no problem walking now. I get to go back to work on April 2nd. What is work?? I've forgotten!

cyber-sibes
03-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better at last, David!