PDA

View Full Version : four photos of Finn (couple of him jumping)

finn's mom
03-20-2007, 04:31 PM
These were all taken on Saturday in Royse City, when we went out to a couple's private dock and pond. They built this to practice on and they let people practice for free, it's really a great set up and so kind of them!

Here's Finn, I love the expression on his face in this one. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/FinnRoyseCity0319_32.jpg

Such a good boy.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/FinnRoyseCity0319_29.jpg

Goofy butt. He was getting tired, but it just looks like he's laughing. ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/FinnRoyseCity0319_27.jpg

Finally getting him to jump up and out, instead of just straight out. We gained a couple feet when he would do that! :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/FinnRoyseCity0319_8.jpg

I love this one...me, Finn and the toy...all in a line! This was a good jump for us, too, over twenty feet!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/FinnRoyseCity0319_7.jpg

That's all for this time. Hope you like! We decided not to take Dudley like we originally thought we would, just because the water was a little cold for him. We're looking into getting him a neoprene vest (they help keep their middles warm!) and a lifejacket, because he sometimes decides he doesn't know how to swim. :rolleyes:

Kalei
03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Finn is just as Beautiful as ever! I always love seeing his pictures so much. They are always so fun, happy, and exciting:D And wow, I can't believe how high he was on that one picture...like..wow :eek: He is going to be a pro jumper in no time:)

Great pictures as usual! I can't wait to see more again.

ramanth
03-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Great photos! Love the ones of him jumping. :D

BCollie_Kelly
03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Awesome pictures! I love that last one of you 2! :D

Ginger's Mom
03-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Cute pictures. The ones of him jumping are really good, but I really like the one of just his little head in the water. He looks so happy. :)

BC_MoM
03-20-2007, 06:59 PM
WOW - he looks FANTASTIC. That last photo is great! You two are doing a great job!! Keep up the good work! :D

finn's mom
03-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks so much for the comments! He is a really happy dog every day, but when he can exercise like that and be in the water, he is beside himself. :) And a tired Lab is a well behaved Lab. ;)

dukedogsmom
03-20-2007, 09:29 PM
It's always great to see Finn. I love that closeup of him jumping. I know this one may not be your favorite but I think it's a great shot.

Daisy and Delilah
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Who could not fall in love with the Finnster? He is such a cool doggie. I feel like I know him personally. The picture of him smiling has me rolling on the floor, Kari :D Great pics of that wonderful guy!

finn's mom
03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
It's always great to see Finn. I love that closeup of him jumping. I know this one may not be your favorite but I think it's a great shot.

Photographically speaking, it is my favorite. ;) As far as being funny or just fun, it's not. My heart loves the one of the two of us, just because it was a great moment when I knew I had thrown it well. But, yeah, that one is actually my favorite image.

And, thank you, Terry! Maybe one day you will know him! :)

Jadapit
03-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Kari, Finn looks like the sweetest dog ever! I love his smile. The picture of you two is my favorite. Great shot! :D

ChrisH
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh, I love those pictures of gorgeous Finn boy! :D Thanks for sharing.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Finn is so adorable, it looks like he was having a great time! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures with us! :)

finn's mom
03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much, for checking out my boy's photos! We are a happy family, that's for sure! :)

K9soul
03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Oh wow, he's so handsome. Your pictures are just better and better all the time Kari. I bet he and Raven would have a blast, they seem to have similar personalities. Raven is much, much more outgoing than either of my two redheads! :D Love the jumping pictures, he looks like he's flying!

Vela
03-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Those are some geat pictures. I love that last one, that is a great action shot, he's just blasting off! Good job Finn!

finn's mom
03-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh wow, he's so handsome. Your pictures are just better and better all the time Kari. I bet he and Raven would have a blast, they seem to have similar personalities.

Thank you, Jess! And, I think it would be great if one day we tested that theory! ;)

Those are some geat pictures. I love that last one, that is a great action shot, he's just blasting off! Good job Finn!

Thanks so much, he does just launch off the end of the dock, it's so much fun!

pitc9
03-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Ohhh GREAT pictures!!!

I love the one with him in the water "Laughing"

You should be proud of yourself!! You've done agreat job teaching him!

pessimisaurus
03-23-2007, 12:29 PM
soooo awesome!!! he is SO handsome! love all the shots!

Id love to dry dock dogs with Alki.. she'll do anything/go anywhere to retrieve a toy. actually I found a dog docks group locally with a pittie in it! do you have any tips/suggestions/resources on getting started in the sport? and how to train it?

finn's mom
03-23-2007, 09:00 PM
soooo awesome!!! he is SO handsome! love all the shots!

Id love to dry dock dogs with Alki.. she'll do anything/go anywhere to retrieve a toy. actually I found a dog docks group locally with a pittie in it! do you have any tips/suggestions/resources on getting started in the sport? and how to train it?

Just go for it. I hadn't done any training with Finn before the first two events I entered him in. People enter all breeds. I saw a Rottweiller at the last event, he was gorgeous! I just went and got tips from the people there. With Finn, he's a natural at it, so most of the training has been on my throws! :) I'm sorry I don't have much to offer, I've just not done much except practice. I have gotten tips like this, though...keep the toy just above where your dog is jumping, to get him to lift his head. And just out of reach, so they think they can get it. The best jumps I've seen are those where they just barely get it or actually catch the toy! ;) It's a blast, though, so I suggest just getting into it and seeing how Alki does!

Logan
03-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Kari, the pictures are terrific, and I'm so proud of you and Finn! What a great dock dog team you two make! :)

K9karen
03-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Kari, the pictures are terrific, and I'm so proud of you and Finn! What a great dock dog team you two make! :)

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!! Great! Great! Great shots, Kari!! I always LOVED watching dock jumping events on TV and now I'm honored to say I know a real champ!!! Hugs and Kisses to Handsome, Happy, Fabulous Finn!!!

Kfamr
03-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Such cool pictures. It's nice of them to allow people to practice there.

k9krazee
03-24-2007, 02:26 PM
It's flying Finn!! :eek: Awesome pictures, Kari!

pessimisaurus
03-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Just go for it. I hadn't done any training with Finn before the first two events I entered him in. People enter all breeds. I saw a Rottweiller at the last event, he was gorgeous! I just went and got tips from the people there. With Finn, he's a natural at it, so most of the training has been on my throws! I'm sorry I don't have much to offer, I've just not done much except practice. I have gotten tips like this, though...keep the toy just above where your dog is jumping, to get him to lift his head. And just out of reach, so they think they can get it. The best jumps I've seen are those where they just barely get it or actually catch the toy! It's a blast, though, so I suggest just getting into it and seeing how Alki does!

really? wow! cool, Ill contact that local group and find out some more about it. think they are having a public meeting at marymoor dog park soon! thanks!

finn's mom
03-25-2007, 08:36 PM
really? wow! cool, Ill contact that local group and find out some more about it. think they are having a public meeting at marymoor dog park soon! thanks!

Oh, yeah, go for it. Even if Alki isn't a long jumper, I'm sure you will have lots of fun trying! ;) And, you never know til you try!

thanks to everyone for all the cyber support for Team Finn! ;)