PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars - Season 4

Lobodeb
03-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Does anyone else love this show like I do? Did anyone watch it last night?

I thought Joey Fatone did the best. His parter, Kym is such a cute girl. I also thought Leila Ali did well. She's also a beautiful girl. John Ratzinger did very well considering he had only 2 weeks to train.

I think Billy Ray Cyrus was terrible.

Jamieejo85
03-20-2007, 10:18 AM
i love love this show!! i wish mario would have won last season! but i missed it last night, i had to work :(

luvofallhorses
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
I thought Billy Ray Cyrus was okay. I think he acts better in the show Hannah Montana than he does dancing. ;) He is Hannah Montana's (Mily Cyrus' father IRL :)) but I do think he could have put a little more heart into dancing to the song. and I only watched that part. I think So You think You can dance is much more fun for me to watch rather than Dancing with the stars and I can't wait until it starts. :D http://www.fox.com/dance/

Grace
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
I missed the first half hour - forgot!!

I'm so happy for Kym Johnson. She was Jerry Springer's partner last fall, and while I'm sure she had fun with him, he really wasn't much of a dancer. Joey Fatone and she were wonderful!!

I, too, was impressed with John Ratzenberger - coming in late as he did. And he did well.

Some of these people I've never heard of before. Heather Mills - not sure how long she will last, but I think she's a wonderful inspiration for those with disabilities. We were commenting last night that we hoped the troops on Ward 57 at Walter Reed were watching. That's the amputee ward.

Lobodeb
03-20-2007, 10:28 AM
I think So You think You can dance is much more fun for me to watch rather than Dancing with the stars and I can't wait until it starts. :D http://www.fox.com/dance/

Oh, I was wondering if that was coming back! Yay!

Thanks for the link. ;)

elizabethann
03-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I only caught Joey Fatone and I thought he was awesome! He boogied like there was no tomorrow.

I want Heather Mills to be voted off next week. Paul McCartney should have married ME!

JenBKR
03-20-2007, 11:04 AM
I fell asleep at the second commercial break and didn't wake up until this morning :o but I did get to see Ian Ziering dance. I thought he was pretty good. I have never heard of many of them.

I think So You think You can dance is much more fun for me to watch rather than Dancing with the stars and I can't wait until it starts. http://www.fox.com/dance/

Oh I love that show! I'm so glad it's coming back, thanks for the link!

I don't normally like reality tv, but I do enjoy both of these dancing shows.

luvofallhorses
03-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh, I was wondering if that was coming back! Yay!

Thanks for the link. ;)

no problem! :D

RedHedd
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Joey Fatone was the best. Ian Z was ok; I voted for him anyway cuz he's a cutie ;) Heather was too stiff and, well, you just don't mess with MY Beatle. I didn't vote for her. :p

Billy Ray Cyrus can't dance and he admits it. Leeza needs to loosen up but looks like she has potential. Ali was good and also got my vote. Looks like I'll be voting for someone every night this week! :D

sirrahbed
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
This is another show that I just LOVE (along with Idol, So You Think..Dance and a few others)

I enjoyed watching Ali, Ratzenberger, Fatone. Cyrus was pretty bad but he did try. I think that trying to neaten his appearance would help him look the part and that would make him better. While I don't like Heather Mills and feel annoyed that she is considered a "star" - I do think she did really well and I was amazed that the leg was not even very noticeable in her dancing. (yes I was SOOOO curious about it ;) )

It is such a fun show to watch. Ballroom dancing is so beautiful. I am looking forward to see how much everyone improves during the season.

I was reading on the ABC site about the show. There is a section (http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=dances) that explains about the different dances, where they started and what moves to watch for. Read this: :)
Tango Fast Facts:
The gauchos (cowboys) of Argentina wore chaps that hardened from the foam and sweat of the horse's body, causing them to walk with flexed knees. Of a night they would go to crowded night clubs and ask ladies of the night to dance but since the gaucho hadn't showered, the lady would dance in the crook of the man's right arm, holding her head back. Her right hand was held low on his left hip, close to his pocket, looking for a payment for dancing with him.

I know that every time I watch the tango from now on, I will have to giggle at the way the woman holds her head and imagining the stinky cowboy!! :D

AmberLee
03-20-2007, 10:23 PM
... Read this: :)
Tango Fast Facts:
The gauchos (cowboys) of Argentina wore chaps that hardened from the foam and sweat of the horse's body, causing them to walk with flexed knees. Of a night they would go to crowded night clubs and ask ladies of the night to dance but since the gaucho hadn't showered, the lady would dance in the crook of the man's right arm, holding her head back. Her right hand was held low on his left hip, close to his pocket, looking for a payment for dancing with him.

I know that every time I watch the tango from now on, I will have to giggle at the way the woman holds her head and imagining the stinky cowboy!! :D

Wow, I didn't know that about the Tango.

Thanks! :D

Lobodeb
03-27-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't say that I'm sorry to see Paulina go. Either of the bottom two would have been fine with me.

Leila Ali is just such a beautiful woman and she dances well too. I'm rooting for Joey though.

JenBKR
03-28-2007, 08:21 AM
I didn't get to see the whole show last night, but I am not surprised to hear that Paulina was voted off. Who else was in the bottom two?

elizabethann
03-28-2007, 08:34 AM
I loved Paulina. I wished she stayed and Heather got booted off.

Lobodeb
03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
I didn't get to see the whole show last night, but I am not surprised to hear that Paulina was voted off. Who else was in the bottom two?

The other couple was Shandi and her partner.

Grace
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I had never heard of Paulina before this show. I'll bet there are lots of others like me. If she didn't have the fan base, then no doubt that is the reason. Remember how bad Mr. P was, and yet he had fans that kept bringing him back - same as Sara Evans last time.

ParNone
03-28-2007, 03:15 PM
My fave is Laila Ali. She is exciting to watch and proof that you don't have to be a skinny, plastic, blonde, barbie doll to be sexy. Are you watching Hollywood? Her mambo sizzled, as compared to the other women, who never reached that level of sensuality, that latin dances are suppose to have. And somebody needs to tell Shandi that this isn't the 70s, ditch the Farrah hair.

Of the men, my fave is Joey so far. He's fun to watch. I wish my hometown boy, Clyde the Glide, was doing better. He's such a sweet guy, but he needs to loosen up a ton. You can tell the judges must like him personally, cuz they never really criticize him and he's really not that good.

Par...

cassiesmom
03-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I wasn't impressed with Shandi Finnessey any more than I was Paulina Porizkova. But I wish they wouldn't vote any of the celebrities off; I think it would be more fun to watch how they all do with each dance.

K9karen
03-30-2007, 12:21 AM
I only caught Joey Fatone and I thought he was awesome! He boogied like there was no tomorrow.

I want Heather Mills to be voted off next week. Paul McCartney should have married ME!

OR ME!!! MOVE OVER! :p

Lobodeb
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I missed this week's show because I was at the doctor with Hugito and my DVR was on the fritz, but I was able to catch some of it online.

Joey did well again. His parter Kym is so beautiful. Ian also did well. Is it just me or does his partner Cheryl just have such a killer instinct being the 2 time champion? No one really wowed me though. I'm sorry to say that I wasn't that excited about Heather's performance, but I have to give the girl credit considering her disability.

I'm glad Shandi left. She bored me.

chrangharris
04-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Hubby and I were so glad to see Shandi go. They really turned us off that first week when all they could talk about was how "hot" each other were! :rolleyes:

I'm having a hard time picking favorites this season- they are all pretty good and making improvements!

I think it will be down to Joey, Ian and Laila!

sirrahbed
04-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Still watching?? I am loving it :)

Clyde was voted off and I think it was time. It seems that no matter how he tries - he still looked so awkward. Sure is a sweet guy though.

Billy Ray Cyrus has caught my interest - as an individual. No, he is not very good - but he sure works hard and just seems to be the nicest gentleman. I don't like his partner though. It seems to me that she could do more to make him look good and build his confidence.

Anton and Julianna are the most fun to watch - so beautiful. I am thinking they may win though I am also pulling for Laila.

This weeks Samba and Rumba are probably my favorite dances to watch...the Rumba being so sensual and the Samba looking like such fun.

carole
04-19-2007, 11:50 PM
I cannot comment on the US version, as we don't see it down under, but we have our own nz version with nz celebs, and i love the show, it is great. :)

catland
04-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Clyde played a good part of his NBA carreer here in Portland, so the entire town was rooting for him, but he was kind of painful to watch. :eek: He sounds happier now that he's off the show.

sumbirdy
04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Can anyone tell me who got voted off last night? There was a storm here and the electricity went off and I didn't get to watch it.

chrangharris
04-25-2007, 01:23 PM
John and Heather were in the bottom two with Heather being knocked off. She had a speech prepared! :eek:

Craftlady
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
John and Heather were in the bottom two with Heather being knocked off. She had a speech prepared! :eek:

I thought that was a bit much LOL
Her being on the show gave us viewers a better outlook of her. The press hasnt been kind to her because of the divorce going on with her and Paul.
She pretty nice person from what I could tell.

I like Anton, Laila
Billy Ray needs to CUT HIS HAIR -

sumbirdy
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not a fan of Anton. I like that old guy (omg name just slipped my mind) and I liked Heather. It must have been difficult dancing with a fake leg.

elizabethann
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
She had a speech?
What did she say?
I'm glad she got voted off. I didn't like her.

ParNone
04-25-2007, 05:49 PM
My fave is still Laila. She and Maks were smokin' hot in the Cha Cha this week. And she showed what a wonderful sense of humor she has by agreeing to catch Apolo and carry him around in the group swing number. LOL! You go gurl!

My male favorite though has switched to Apolo. He and Julianne are so cute together. Their samba last week was incredibly good. She's been coming up with great choreography for them.

I just hope these two pair make it to the finals. If it's Billy Ray and Ian, I may have to stop watching.

Par...

chrangharris
04-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Laila and Apolo are my two favorites!! I think they will make it to the end. I can't decide which one I like better though!

RedHedd
04-25-2007, 06:43 PM
I was surprised Heather got booted off. I thought Billy Rae and/or the older guy (who is he?) should have gone before her. She was not a favorite of mine at the start, but to see what she was capable of week after week and the good work she's doing encouraging other amputees really made my opinion of her grow in my book.

cassiesmom
05-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know who got voted out this week, I missed it yesterday.

pitc9
05-01-2007, 03:57 PM
The results are tonight!!!
I hope John goes Boo Bye!!!

ParNone
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
The result show of who gets booted is on tonight, 8pm Central.

The high scorers with the judges though were Joey/Kim and Laila/Maks. I think Apolo/Julianne came in second. Joey and Kim were the best of the night in my opinion. That wasn't my favorite outing my Laila and Maks, but I do think they were better then Apolo and Julianne. A&J felt a bit flat to me last night. I'm still crossing my fingers that these 3 couples make it to the finals.

Par...

sumbirdy
05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Heather did not get voted off. She quit. The female judge didn't like her because her charity at the end would have gone to animals where she comes from (instead of being humanly euthanized they are hanged) She was going to try to stop the hanging. The female judge didn't think that that was a "real charity" :mad: They were on some talk show. I didn't get to watch it but mom did. I really liked Heather and wished she would have stayed on. I even voted for her.

Poor John got voted off this week...He wasn't a really good dancer though. It looked like he barely did anything.

JenBKR
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I only saw part of the show last night. I know that Billy Ray was voted off, but who else was in the bottom two? Just curious....

Taz_Zoee
05-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Surprisingly, Joey & Kim were in the bottom two. I thought for sure it would be Ian & Cheryl. I was very shocked!! :eek:

JenBKR
05-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Surprisingly, Joey & Kim were in the bottom two. I thought for sure it would be Ian & Cheryl. I was very shocked!! :eek:

Wow that is really surprising, I thought it was going to be the same! Thanks!

cassiesmom
10-03-2007, 02:21 PM
The new season that just started with Marie Osmond, Wayne Newton, Jane Seymour - has anyone seen it? I miss it every week now because of rehearsals.

Grace
10-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Yes, I've seen all the shows so far.

The first week the women danced the first night; the men the second; on the third night one was voted off. It was Josie Maran, a model. She was very lovely, but not a very good dancer.

This week I was hoping Wayne Newton would go. No such luck, it was Albert Reed - another model, but one who danced rather well.

One I think will go to the end is Sabrina Bryan. She's a Cheetah Girl with Disney - whatever that is. She has an enormous amount energy. I really like Helio Castroneves, an Indy race driver. He is paired with Julianne Hough, last year's winner with Apolo Ohno. They are fantastic together. Their Foxtrot last week was so graceful; this week they did the Mambo - fantastic. One of the judges commented that Helio was actually leading Julianne at one point. She is so great with the choreography - amazing in someone so young.

I also like Marie Osmond. She's holding her own so far. As is Jane Seymour. Jane was not there last night as her mother died yesterday in England. But she does plan to be back - part of why she joined on is that the British version of DWTS was one of her favorite shows.

I'm sorry you're missing it - anyway you can record it?

cassiesmom
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Kelly Osbourne, Mya, and Donny Osmond ... I am rooting for Kelly Osbourne because she is so genuine. She's grown the most since this season started. I wonder who won, I had to turn it off after Mya and Dmitry finished their dance, which was right at the end of the first hour. The fans at work are pretty evenly split between Mya and Donny Osmond. I love to watch Tony Dovolani dance. Same with mark Ballas.

Moesha
11-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Our local ABC affiliate has some contract with the Titans. They had the Monday night football game on instead of the finale last night. They put the finale on at 12:35, except that the football game ran 30 minutes long. UGH! At least I was smart enough to set the DVR to tape the next show also. I couldn't watch last night's show until after 7 tonight. I was able to watch last night's show and then start tonight's show. I caught up with about 45 minutes left. I won't say who won, because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I will just say that I was very happy with the result.

Grace
11-24-2009, 10:50 PM
. . . . . . I was able to watch last night's show and then start tonight's show. I caught up with about 45 minutes left. I won't say who won, because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I will just say that I was very happy with the result.

As was I.

I must say, though, that I think the final three were all really good, and would not have been terribly disappointed no matter the winner.