PDA

View Full Version : Question about a rabbit Product

Kalei
03-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I was just wondering if any of you rabbit or simply critter people out there know about the item you can buy where you add water and grass grows. I bought one and watered it and the grass is getting pretty long..I will soon be able to cut some grass and feed it to Kishii!

So I guess my main question is, does anybody use this grass or tried it? Is it bad for bunnies?

Thanks for the help ^^

Kalei
03-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Bump....anyone?

buttercup132
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I think I have before and they gobbled it up in a matter of seconds and it didnt grow back. So its a no go for me.

Husky_mom
03-20-2007, 04:19 PM
if you need to know if itīs good I have no clue, if itīs were you can get more, you can buy grass seeds and fill a pantyhose and water it till it growns back so you have plenty once Kishi eats it....... if itīs good for bunnies

Kalei
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks very much both of you. Well I wouldn't feed her grass all the time, I think it has waaay to much fiber in it, like alfalfa hay, but I can use it as a treat! Rabbits love grass! Specially watery fresh grass...Kishii is drooling now lol.

Karen
03-20-2007, 04:30 PM
You mean like a Chia Pet? Never done it, Miss Hoppy doesn't particularly like most grass ...

Kalei
03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
You mean like a Chia Pet? Never done it, Miss Hoppy doesn't particularly like most grass ...

Well its not a chia pet...but must be close to it, it's like a rectangle box about 7" by 4" and full of grass seed. It's growing sooo fast...its probably growing fast too because I use some goldfish water to water it too...I'm guessing goldfish water would fertilize it too.

Here's a picture, its like this one the bunny is eating out of...I got it at the petstore...its just called "Grow your own Grass for Small Animals."
http://hosting.showthatimage.com/A38FF012-8545-458E-AEDC3557BC75C9AA.jpg