PDA

View Full Version : Rally's/Checkers Fries!!

Sirrahsim
03-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Oh My Word.... I HAVE to have some french fries. Not just any french fries.... Rally's (Checkers) french fries... The nearest restaurant is in Arkansas and if gas wasn't so expensive I might actually make the drive!! Anyone know of a good copycat recipe???

BitsyNaceyDog
03-20-2007, 09:46 AM
My friends made french fries at there house that tasted similar to Checkers fries. They were just bagged fries- Orida (sp) maybe? I think they were call spiced fries or something.

caseysmom
03-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Hehe I remember those days. With my first it was mashed potatoes...with my second it was chinese food......

Hmmmmm maybe you can find something similar :D

BitsyNaceyDog
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I was at the grocery store a little while ago and looked for the fries for you. I think the ones I had at my friends house were Ore-Ida Zesty fries.

cassiesmom
03-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I remember Checkers! There used to be a few in the Chicago area. The one by my parents' house had the most unusual take-away windows - one on each side of the building, so that one lane was on the driver's side of a car taking away and the other on the passenger's side. Yeah, yeah. I forgot about Checkers and their yummy French fries. That's like Sonic Drive-In, too. They advertise on Chicago area cable TV but the nearest one to Chicago is down in Champaign, a 2 1/2 hour drive on a good day. When I was in college we used to make a half-hour trip for White Castle sandwiches.