PDA

View Full Version : What am I going to do with her???

Edwina's Secretary
07-03-2002, 10:49 AM
You know...Edwina...the bold huntress...the clever detective....

Just yesterday, based on Edwina's recommendation, I exonerated the squirrels in the Rosebud case.

Like most cats Edwina has her routine. She gets up with poppa at 5:30 and goes downstairs for coffee/turkey. She comes back up with him, maybe has a cuddle, then goes out on the screen porch off our bedroom to have a look around the yard. This time of year she will take a rest :rolleyes: and sit on one of the chair cushions until I tell her it is time to come in as I'm leaving.

Usual routine this morning. I go out to get her and she is all cute and comfy..gazing out....THE WRONG DIRECTION.

There below was a pot of begonias -- breakfast of champions for one of her bushy-tailed squirrel friends. What a feast squirrel was having -- running from side to side..."fresh begonias!" "fresh asparagus ferns" "Yum, yum!"

At least the mystery is solved but Edwina is going to need a new professional!

Freckles
07-03-2002, 10:54 AM
And a lot easier to eat than roses!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-03-2002, 12:24 PM
OH NO!! Poor begonias.... Lets just hope the squirrells have not tricked Ms. Edwina into believing that they HAVE TO HAVE some begonia dessert after their roses meal..;)

Former User
07-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Edwina is going to need a new professional!

Squirrel guardian? :D

zippy-kat
07-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty

LOL http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen014.gif LOL

Hmmm...Sara, you don't happen to have a sign that says, "Welcome to my Garden" do you? lol Maybe Edwina is just upholding the slogan...

momoffuzzyfaces
07-03-2002, 02:11 PM
RE What am I going to do with her???
Well, I suppose hiring her as garden security guard is out!!!:D

NoahsMommy
07-03-2002, 02:21 PM
No, no, we have it all wrong....Wina thinks they will be poisened by the begonias and furn...and well...the roses too...why get your paws dirty when mother nature can take care of it for you? hee hee :D

NoahsMommy
07-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Speaking of begonias...I just got one for our balcony! :) They are so pretty!!!

tuxluvr
07-07-2002, 08:13 PM
Apparently, begonias are among those flowers edible (for hoomans, too)...one of my inlaws (a fanatic vegeterian) told me they often put the blossoms on salads.

tuxluvr
07-07-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty

I'm thinking perhaps the squirrels are paying protection money to the "godkitty" Edwina to look the other way :):rolleyes: :eek:

Former User
07-08-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

I'm thinking perhaps the squirrels are paying protection money to the "godkitty" Edwina to look the other way :):rolleyes: :eek:

YES! That of course explains why Edwina was looking to the other direction! I bet the squirrels have an endless supply of turkey for Edwina....;) :D

zippy-kat
07-08-2002, 03:14 AM
Do we have assasin squirrels lurking about? Oh dear, hide your gobblers!!!

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2002, 09:22 AM
I think you guys are on the right track. Here's the facts.

Edwina always seems to be looking "the other way" when the squirrels are around....

I have observed Edwina in the bushes and a squirrel on top of the fence chattering away at her....

We had two squirrels in the yard now there are three more!!!

These squrrels have no fear of me....as if someone has told them I'm harmless....and finally...

these are GRAY squirrels and Edwina is a GRAY cat!!!

As for where they are getting the turkey with which to bribe Edwina...my mother has a flock of wild turkeys in her yard...perhaps she should take a head count!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/pefbaed7568de057f8a983e2141ff9e79/fd9ce6ed.jpg

gini
07-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Hmmm, wouldn't you love to understand the conversations that are going on between Edwina and the squirrels? They are in cahoots - me thinks!

NoahsMommy
07-08-2002, 02:20 PM
That is so funny!!! Just another thing that makes her even more special....she's bilingual!! :)