PDA

View Full Version : Heard the Heartbeat today

sparks19
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I had another Dr's appt today.

They used a little device for ONLY hearing the heartbeat. They weren't sure if we were going to be able to hear it or not because of how far along I am. But sure enough after a couple of minutes she found the perfect spot and we had a perfect listen.

It sounded like a horse Galloping. hehe. My ultra sound had it measured at 187 bpm but today she had it counted out at 160 bpm. But she said that is still a good heart rate.

It was so neat to hear for the first time.

Lobodeb
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Did your tummy do a flip when you first heard it? I know I got chicken pimples (goose bumps).

Congrats!

sparks19
03-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Did your tummy do a flip when you first heard it? I know I got chicken pimples (goose bumps).

Congrats!

LOL actually no because at first I was concentrating so hard to make sure I really was hearing it hahaha. There were two sounds and one was the heartbeat and one was the swishing .... she had to tell me which was the heartbeat lol. I am so dense sometimes haha. But then after that it was loud and clear.

Sirrahsim
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Yay!!! That is such a fantastic moment. I rented one of the dopplers that they use to pick up the heartbeat in hospitals to use at home!! My model is actually newer than the one my doctor uses :D I rented mine from babybeat.com and am SO glad that I did!! I listen alllllll the time :) Right around 12 weeks is when they say you should be able to hear it with a true doppler without any problems. If I lived closer I would let you try it out!! It is great for the in between time when you don't have morning sickness anymore but you can't feel the baby move very often yet!!

They sell baby heartbeat monitors in stores like walmart but those are a joke unless you are in your third trimester and skinny :rolleyes: The real dopplers can cost upwards of $500 but I rent mine for $27 a month.

How exciting!!!

kimlovescats
03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
How exciting! I still remember those days! There's nothing like hearing that tiny hearbeat to make it all "real"! :D

sparks19
03-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Yay!!! That is such a fantastic moment. I rented one of the dopplers that they use to pick up the heartbeat in hospitals to use at home!! My model is actually newer than the one my doctor uses :D I rented mine from babybeat.com and am SO glad that I did!! I listen alllllll the time :) Right around 12 weeks is when they say you should be able to hear it with a true doppler without any problems. If I lived closer I would let you try it out!! It is great for the in between time when you don't have morning sickness anymore but you can't feel the baby move very often yet!!

They sell baby heartbeat monitors in stores like walmart but those are a joke unless you are in your third trimester and skinny :rolleyes: The real dopplers can cost upwards of $500 but I rent mine for $27 a month.

How exciting!!!

WOW.... that is a neat idea. I didn't know you could rent them :D Maybe that is something I will have to look into. It was just SO neat to hear... LOL I wanna hear it again haha. I will have to check out that website. Thanks for that info.

It was so exciting to hear... we weren't able to hear it at last weeks appt. I was so glad it worked today.