PDA

View Full Version : I saved a lobster's life!!!

moosmom
03-19-2007, 11:54 AM
So there I was, doing my usual food shopping, when I happened upon a tank with one lonely little lobster, sitting in the corner. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE lobster. But I just felt bad for him. So, I bought him, drove down to the beach, took off the elastics that keep his claws closed and let him go. I felt a sense of relief when I saw him go into the water.

Am I losing my mind??? Did I take my rescue efforts to the extreme??? :p :rolleyes:

Sirrahsim
03-19-2007, 12:00 PM
While that story did give me a *giggle*, it also made me smile :) What a kind hearted thing to do!

king2005
03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
How sweet!

a bunch of children did that many years ago back in PEI. A fisherman caught a MASSIVE lobster. The school children saved & saved & saved to buy the lobster & to set him free :D

Kalei
03-19-2007, 12:09 PM
AW!! That is so sweet! I don't like eating lobster or any fish at all and won't even try it, so I think it is great that you saved the little guy. Just when he was so lonely and felt hopeless, you probably made him feel great and full of hope again when he hit that beautiful sea water:D

davidpizzica
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
So there I was, doing my usual food shopping, when I happened upon a tank with one lonely little lobster, sitting in the corner. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE lobster. But I just felt bad for him. So, I bought him, drove down to the beach, took off the elastics that keep his claws closed and let him go. I felt a sense of relief when I saw him go into the water.

Am I losing my mind??? Did I take my rescue efforts to the extreme??? :p :rolleyes:
No, Donna, you're not losing your mind. Anytime you can save a living creature's life is doing the humane thing. At least now he won't be anyone's dinner. Donna, you have a heart of gold towards animals. Don't ever lose that!

pitc9
03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Yipppeee!
Congrats!
You did a WONDERFUL thing!
I avoid that tank at my local grocery store at all cost!
I would love to be able to let them go, but I don't think they'd last too long in Lake Erie! :o

Argranade
03-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I have ALWAYS wanted to do that lol,

Bless your heart, that was so sweet. :D

I'm glad stores don't have live chickens anymore, when my mom was young this one store had them live .. they cut off the head right in front of her and you won't belive it but --- the headless chickens body ran out the store!

I would have droped seeing that =[ .. kinda funny ending tho lol.

Logan
03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I am a Lobster lover, but I have not had the heart to buy one at my grocery store. I think you did a good thing, Donna..........I think. :p

I am also a hypocrite. Because I would a Lobster, in a heartbeat, that was placed in front of me.

Logan

ramanth
03-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Awww!! That was so sweet of you Donna! Like Angie, unfortunately, I don't think the lobster would live long in Lake Michigan, so no releasing done here.

When we pass the tank Andy always says he wants to buy one as a pet. :rolleyes:

Freedom
03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
HOORAY! You are a wonderful person!!!

In about 1993, my cousin and her boyfriend visited from England. I was living in Maine at the time, and took them to a seacoast lobster den; outdoor picnic tables for eating. They were HORRIFIED that I thought we might EAT a few of those lobsters in the tank. They bought the entire TANK load and we spent a half hour setting them all free in the ocean.

We had quite a gathering watching us; and the den owner was none too pleased he had no lobsters for sale for the remander of that day.

Randi
03-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Great Donna, that's what I call rescue! :)

jenluckenbach
03-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I actually have LES! What a wonderful thing to do.

cyber-sibes
03-19-2007, 04:31 PM
"Under the Sea...." ta da da daaaa...
They're all dancing around to celebrate the return of their lost cousin! He'll probably become a lobster legend! I wonder what he'll tell them? Good job, Donna.

LilacDragon
03-19-2007, 04:40 PM
You all do realize that lobsters are the oceans' cockroaches, right?

lizbud
03-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh Donna, bless your heart. :) This is the kind of story that I would
only share on PT. We do understand it. :)

BC_MoM
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
LMAO!! Nice job.. ;)

Alysser
03-19-2007, 06:39 PM
You may feel like you are "losing your mind", but that was a very humane thing to do. :) That story made me smile, you're a very sweet person!

catnapper
03-19-2007, 08:47 PM
What a great thing to do. I can just poicture the scene.... icy waves lapping against your ankles, you gently peeling the rubber bands off, quietly telling him to enjoy his return to the sea.... ahhhh... what a sweet thing to do!

Daisy and Delilah
03-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I think that tells us exactly what kind of person you are, Donna. What an amazing thing to do. I just can't get over it. Bless you. :)

Vela
03-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I think that was very nice of you.

I happen to like cockroaches of the ocean!

LilacDragon
03-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I think that was very nice of you.

I happen to like cockroaches of the ocean!

LOL!! I do to! Especially with lots of that melted butter. :D

Roxyluvsme13
03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
I wanted to do that, but there's no ocean nearby. Yay for you! :D

Argranade
03-19-2007, 09:42 PM
LOL!! I do to! Especially with lots of that melted butter. :D
Yucko,

Sorry but crabs look like spiders to me and I would never eat one BLAH! LMAO.

But they are kinda cute, in a weird wat that I could never explain ...

I wish humans could live of pickles there hole life, maybe then the earth would be sweeter .... but then of course the pickle haters would starve soo .. :o

and that was part of my Random side ...