PDA

View Full Version : Potty training a little boy? TOO CUTE!!!!

kimlovescats
03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
While looking at the HGTV website, I stumbled across this. This is TOO cute .. and a good price! Anyone with a little boy, should love this!

Peter Potty:
http://marketplace.hgtv.com/View_Listing.asp?Lid=625-HGTVA25599

Sirrahsim
03-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Hmm it looks like it would help with training him how to pee but then you'd have to REtrain him how to sit down to go #2 anyway... I love the idea of being able to keep the mess to a minimum but I'm not sold on this Peter Potty :)

critter crazy
03-18-2007, 12:45 PM
You know, I have seriously been threatening to put in a real Urinal, since none of the three guys(husband included) in my house seem to know how to operate a regular toilet! Boy would they crap, if they saw one of those in the bathroom!:eek: :D

kimlovescats
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
LOL, critter crazy!!!

Sirrahsim .... I've never had any little boys to potty train, so I'm sure you do have a point there! :p

Sirrahsim
03-18-2007, 01:06 PM
we're just in the beginning stages of potty training so I could be completely wrong. Right now we are at the point where he will tell me that he needs to go and go sit on his potty but will NOT let me take his clothes off when he does so :rolleyes: :p :D He'll sit on his potty fully clothed and fill his diaper but if I try to put him on the potty without his diaper on he freaks out :p :D

Twisterdog
03-18-2007, 03:31 PM
we're just in the beginning stages of potty training so I could be completely wrong. Right now we are at the point where he will tell me that he needs to go and go sit on his potty but will NOT let me take his clothes off when he does so :rolleyes: :p :D He'll sit on his potty fully clothed and fill his diaper but if I try to put him on the potty without his diaper on he freaks out :p :D

Oh, the fun days of potty training. :rolleyes: How old is your son? You know, I'm sure, that in general boys potty train later than girls. I'd ask your pediatrician for some advice on him not wanting to undress. I've never heard of that one.

My son had no interest in potty training when I thought he should be developing some. It was a constant struggle. One thing he did find amusing, though, was the "target practice" game. Get a tupperware container with some cheerios or fruit loops in it, and put it on the back of the toilet. When it's time to go potty, let him put a few in the toilet then see if he can hit the targets. :D

After months of begging, pleading, arguing and frustration I finally said, "Ok, fine. Wear a diaper. I give up." He stared at me completely baffled. A few days later I see him coming downstairs from his room with a pair of underwear in his hand. I ask what he's doing. He's says, "Going in the toilet, putting on my big-boy underwear, and throwing away my diaper." I thought to myself, Suuuure, and just kept reading my book. Sure enough, he did exactly what he said, and never had another accident. I think, in retrospect, that he didn't like diapers, but like the constant attention he got with the potty-training battle. I removed the attention, and he decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm not sure about the Peter Potty, either. Seems it would be confusing for a child to learn with this at home, and have to use real toilets away from home.

critter crazy
03-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha! I am so sorry for laughing, but I couldnt keep Clothes on MY boys!!! That is just so funny!!:D

Sirrahsim
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Tyler won't even be two until the end of May so as far as boys go he is right on target :) I think he is just asserting his independence by not letting me undress him :rolleyes: I'm sure that he'll grow out of it soon :)