Mycavyangels
03-18-2007, 09:09 AM
:) who else collects them! i collect them and still do! i love them hehe
here is a pic

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q80/Mycavyangels/DSCF0088-1.jpg

I know LOADSSSSS hehe

moosmom
03-18-2007, 09:21 AM
I used to collect them when they first came out, but sold them all a few years ago when I moved to Michigan. My daughter has all the cats, both beanies and buddies.

I didn't see the picture till AFTER I replied. All I gotta say is...

WOW!!!! :eek:

Scooter's Mom
03-18-2007, 09:30 AM
That's a lot! I only had about 150.

When I moved to Arizona from Texas, my mom discovered yahoo auctions... so my first trip home, I had to buy another suitcase to bring home all my beanies she had bought me! (it was a small suitcase!)

Chilli
03-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Wow, thats alot!
My sister & I used to collect them when we were real young, but now we don't. We still have around 100 of them laying around in closets & such, though. =]

Mycavyangels
03-18-2007, 09:40 AM
oh really kool hehe :D
i still add more too :eek:

Kalei
03-18-2007, 10:00 AM
:eek: Wow! :eek: I have never seen that many beanie babies in my life! I like them, but I may have like two I think lol.

Argranade
03-18-2007, 10:25 AM
wOOoooOOOooW!

I used collect them too when I was younger lol,

But then I'm like nahh .. and threw em all away. :o

Zippy
03-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I used to collect.I only have like 20 some still.Cats,dogs,horses,and some bears

Miss Z
03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Yes, I used to collect them and still have them displayed in my room. I think I have 276 in total. When I was younger I collected anything soft and cuddly, so have approximately 1000 soft toys in my room, although a lot less are on display now than they were 5 years ago! I had a go at valuing the lot once, and came up with an estimate of about £3200! :eek: A few of my bears are worth £100s each, so if I ever decide to rid myself of childhood memories, then I'll be one rich lady! :p

I expect, though, they'll end up as family heirlooms. I can just imagine a few hundred years in the future some bored little kid sat playing Playstation 15 and half-listening to his mother saying 'Now this belonged to your great great great great great great granny Zara back in the primitive days of the 1990s and 2000s.....' ;)

Vette
03-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I dont collect them but i love them!! :D
i had no idea there was so many of them till i seen your picture.

Kfamr
03-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a ton of them somewhere. I used to collect them but don't anymore. I mostly have dogs & cats.

BCollie_Kelly
03-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I also used to collect them and I've got quite a few myself....
I did stop, however and now they just sit in a box somewhere...lol

elizabethann
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I have 2 gigantic plastic bins full of BB's. Why was I tricked into buying them??!! AAAAGGGHHHH!!! It's my SIL's fault! She told me they would be worth lots of money some day!! I spent so much money on them! Why? Why? Why?

Sorry, but I'm a member of Beanie Babies Anonymous. :D

P.S. You have a cool collection.

carole
03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
WOW alright, that is an enormous collection, my daughter collects them too, but we only have like about 30 if that, some of the beanies are worth quite a bit of money, depending on what you have, we had a NZ one here that is worth over a hundred dollars now,it was a limited edition, only here in NZ i think,but i did not buy it alas at the time.

My goodness those dear lil beanies will be hoarding a few dust mites, lol, i have read to get rid of them you put soft toys in the freezer,apparently it works, but heck you would need a huge freezer to do that for yours lol. :) :D

BC_MoM
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, WOW. :D What an amazing collection! My whole family used to collect them as well. :)

IRescue452
03-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I have most of the dogs. I also have all of the "rare" ones from the first few years (royal elephant, original moose, razorback, unicorn with fine mane). The thing is, I only spend 50¢-$1 on most of them. I liked the classic positions better, soft with all four legs splayed out. They were just better back then before they tried making them too fancy. Still looking for the airedale, my girlfriend has one. My favorite is Snort the red bull. I have four of the giant bulls, two regulars, and a few minis displayed in the back of my car.

Genny
03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
wow, that's a lot. I never really collected them I just had gotten a whole lot over the years. I guess between me and my brother we have around 150 maybe? I still have most of them unless some have gotten lost.. I have most of them in a big box, but I keep my favorite one out in my room on my desk (the collie beanie baby)

manda_moo87
03-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Wow, that's quite the collection! I used to be really into BBs. I think I started collecting when I was 10 or 11, I still get them on rare occassions but not often. They are too cute. Think I have about 100 or so...

CountryWolf07
03-20-2007, 10:30 AM
I collected quite a bit when I was younger.. I still have them in a bag in the attic, actually. I might get rid of them eventually.. I do have some of the OLD ones.. :) Mostly dogs/cats..

finn's mom
03-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I have a handful of ones...usually i'll buy based on the name. i have "bruno" because of my rb dog, bruno, for example. and i have bought my mom some elephant ones because her nickname growing up was peanut (she was a tiny baby at birth).

that's a great way to display them, will they stay valuable uncovered like that? or are you just collecting them for your own enjoyment, with no thoughts of what they'll be worth in the future?