PDA

View Full Version : success at last...the new healthy Lexie

carole
03-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Most of you will know my lexie and other kitties are a tad overweight, Lexie has been on a special diet for her bladder crystals and i have been really strict with her intake, she went for her vaccinations on saturday and check up and I am delighted to report all is well and my dear lil girl now weighs 900grms lighter, thats almost one kg in three months, a steady but healthy weight loss, almost two pounds, she needs to loose another 400grms to be ideal, but so far is doing well, she is however getting a rather hungry little girl these days, and it is getting harder for me to feed her less, still she will be on maintainence soon, her teeth are great,and now she has lost weight, the vet could feel her bladder and kidneys no problem at all.

Even my old Ash has lost 200grms as well, all kitties have their allowances measured out every day, my other two are much the same, does not appear to be any weight loss there, however the vet said i was not overfeeding them, maybe after being spayed and starved for years they are just piling on the weight now they are being looked after as they should be.

Anyway i am so happy,just had to tell you all. :)

jazzcat
03-18-2007, 01:00 PM
That is great news! Congrats on the weight loss beautiful Lexie!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-18-2007, 03:37 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D

Randi
03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
That's great news, Carole! I'm glad to hear it! :) Any chance of pictures?

catmandu
03-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats the best possible news and theres nothing better than knowing that you have turned your Cats health around and you have put your Companions on the path to good health.
That will be a foundation of Good Cat Health for the future.

carole
03-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Now i just have to make sure she does not put it all back on again, and become a yoe-yoe dieter like :) me, lol.

jennielynn1970
03-18-2007, 05:44 PM
That's great news!

Can you do a little metric lesson for those of us impaired when it comes to the grams, kilos, etc???

carole
03-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Sure, i will do an approx. for you, 1kg is 2.2lbs,she is 100grms off that,so prob around 2 pounds is a rough estimate.,I have been restricting her intake for about three months, but i would say she lost the weight at least six weeks ago, and has remained the same since then, we knew just by looking at her, and when we picked her up she was so much lighter,now for me to work on those other kitties eh? :)