PDA

View Full Version : A New PT'er (update page 2)

Craftlady
03-17-2007, 07:29 PM
My name is Stephen, I'm 7 month old Tiger Tabby. Mom and Dad got me at PetSmart today from their friend at Kentucky Tails (rescue group). I've spent the late afternoon and evening under the bed in my mom and dad's room. There is water & food in the room (under the bed) and I do know where the liter box is located (I hope I remember it's the bathroom) LOL
I miss my brother who was adopted out before me :( but I will get to know and love my new brother and 3 sisters. Although that Ms. Eleanor sure is pushy, she hissed at me. LOL

Yep, Mom and Dad thought Skinny needed a brother since there were so many girls in the house. That sure was nice of them. :)

Here's my photo (Mom and Dad had to chase me out of the bedroom to capture me to take this photo, they sure were funny running around the house after me). LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Stephen/Stephen1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Stephen/Stephen.jpg

Scooter's Mom
03-17-2007, 07:32 PM
What a beautiful boy!
Congratulations!

Karen
03-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Ohh, he's a keeper all right! Such a pretty silver tabby, too - don't let Kim see him!!!!

jennielynn1970
03-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh!!!! He's gorgeous!! He looks silver and black, so handsome!

Welcome to PT Stephen! I'm sure your mom and dad will make sure that you settle in really nicely. Just hiss back at Ms. Eleanor if she gets too bossy. She just wants to let you know that she's the matron of the cat family, and that you are the baby so you need to listen to her, lol. Have fun playing with the others sweetie!

Zippy
03-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Congrats He is a beauty. :) He reminds me of Zippy's RB brother Tiger.

Craftlady
03-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Mom already has had to stuff both sides of a HUGH dresser with carpet pieces, so I dont get behind it. It was fun watching Mom scramble around trying to figure out what would keep me out of there in the future. LOL

Catty1
03-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Here is another silver boy, Rupert, to show you how to relax in your new home!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/P2250002.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/P2250004.jpg

Welcome home, Stephen! :)

Taz_Zoee
03-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Welcome to PT Stephen!! I'm sure you will eventually LOVE your new home and siblings. :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Congrats and welcome to PT Stephen!!!:D You sure are handsome and I bet that you'll liven things up around there.:)

kitimom
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
AWWWWW!!! What a cutie pie!!!

Catsnclay
03-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh what a cutie pie!!

How can anyone hiss at you?!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif Give Eleanor some time, I'm sure she will come around and like you too.

{quote}Mom already has had to stuff both sides of a HUGH dresser with carpet pieces, so I dont get behind it. It was fun watching Mom scramble around trying to figure out what would keep me out of there in the future. LOL{quote}

LOL I remember doing this when Yoshi was a baby - Jeez!! The places they can get into!!!

Have fun............

MidnightMoon
03-18-2007, 02:21 AM
What a cutie!! He's absolutely gorgeous. Welcome, Stephen :D

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2007, 05:07 AM
Hi Stephen! It's lovely to meet you. What a handsome boy you are.
I hope you settle into your new home quickly, you certainly picked a good one. :D

jenluckenbach
03-18-2007, 05:16 AM
WELCOME STEPHEN

You sure picked a great place to live! :) And you have a very large extended family to fall in love with you. (we can't help it, you are so handsome)

My suggestion is for you to just "turn on the charm" and Eleanor won't be able to help herself from loving you too. ;)

Craftlady
03-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Stephen has adventured out from under the bed but wont stay still enough for me to Rescue Remedy him LOL
Now, Skinny thinks hissy from a distance at his direction is cool. :rolleyes:
Cindy, wants to play because "he is just my size" :)

CultureJunky
03-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Stephen! You are lucky to have been adopted into a great family and have so many sisters to boss you about, you and skinny will have to stand up for yourselves and not be hen pecked, hehe

catnapper
03-18-2007, 08:16 AM
*squeal* Another handsome tabby boy joins the PT ranks. What a wonderful addition to your kitty crew. Welcome to the world of being a 5 cat household! :D

K & L
03-18-2007, 08:27 AM
He looks adorable! Welcome aboard and you couldn't have made a better choice for a home!!

Freedom
03-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey Stephen, welcome! You are already in the siggy!! You have a nice home now, no worries any more.

Medusa
03-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Aw, sweet, lucky boy!

Craftlady
03-18-2007, 12:36 PM
He came out from under the bed this morning and ran around a bit. He isnt eating lots, he does like the water fountains. Stephen still wont stand still long enough for me to give him some rescue remedy. He doesnt trust us yet and runs in the opposite direction. He has some sneezing issues but it might be from being under the bed with the dust bunnies LOL
I will keep an eye on him.

jazzcat
03-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome to PT Stephen!! What a handsome boy!

kimlovescats
03-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Awww, he looks so scared! Poor little guy! He'll soon realize that he found a wonderful home! WELCOME STEPHEN!!! :D

orangemm
03-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Welcome Stephen! It's strange now, but in a few days you will feel right at home with your new family. You are a beautiful boy!

ShylanHal
03-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Such an adorable widdu boi!! I love silver tabbies, they're just so cute!

Welcome to PT, little Stephen!

catmandu
03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Stephen.
The Found Paradise Hotel Cats All want to welcome you to Pet Talk.
Its great that you have your Gotcha Day and have a Happy Furr Ever Home.
Three CHEERS for Stephen and his New Family.

Craftlady
03-18-2007, 10:15 PM
He managed to get up into and under the box springs of our mattress. :rolleyes:
The cloth that covers the box springs is full now of duct tape, gotta love that stuff. :D We might have to put down piece of plywood on the bedframe thus no one can get up into box springs. Our bedroom was a disaster during the process of fixing what Mr. Stephen undid. He did this after I awoke from a nap. Great timing huh?

I have managed several doses of Rescue Remedy tonight. After he was found in the box springs, he got put into the bathroom until we got things under control. Then he got the deluxe carrier accomodations for an hour or so. He is one scared little guy but after another dose of Rescue he came out of the carrier and is now cleaning himself in the hallway of our house. Good sign :)

No food consumption has been noticed so far in the last 24 hours. He has drank water. I believe used the litter box.
I did give him appetite stimulant but no notice of eating.

He knows his name :)
Doesnt trust us yet :confused:
I think the 3 weeks at PetSmart has upset him allot.

I'm off to the shower and bed. I'm on antibotic's for sinus infection and need my rest.

Tomorrow will be a better day for Mr. Stephen :) :)

Medusa
03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Hopefully you're both doing better this morning. Poor li'l guy. But he's in good hands and will come around soon. Take care.

Freedom
03-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Poor boy is scared and worried about what is coming next! I think he just needs some time to adjust. Hope you are feeling better this morning.

Yup, mine LOVE the fountain, the bowls of water never get used anymore.

Craftlady
03-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Hopefully you're both doing better this morning. Poor li'l guy. But he's in good hands and will come around soon. Take care.

Breathing is getting better for mom :)
Stephen adventures out when we are sleeping & hubby noticed him on one of our rugs in bedroom (we have hardwood floors) sleeping. Once he was up, Stephen bolted LOL
He is underneath a chair in our hallway right now observing the goings on of the house.
After the doses of remedy last night he played with hubby and a stick toy for about 15 minutes. I havent downloaded the photos yet. Will get to that today :)

** This morning Stephen has been adventuring out more into the house. He slinks by his brother and sisters :)
Eleanor is giving him a run for acceptance ;) He is now playing with the turbo toy (round scratcher with ball , that stays put)in the livingroom.

Mom and Dad are :)