PDA

View Full Version : Stepping out of the ice age!

sasvermont
03-17-2007, 02:43 PM
I finally found an internet company to get a high speed connection installed. Many of the companies will not come to this part of the island because it is not cost effective. Finally, I have a high speed connection. Oh my gosh. Its the difference between day and night! I also sprung for a wireless router so I am in double heaven. Now I can hook anywhere in the house! And yes, I have the connection password protected!

For all those with dialup, I highly recommend looking for a company to do a little dish satelite thing......this company is fairly reasonable in price and they own the equipment. So if it breaks or fails, they fix or replace it. The monthly charge is only $34.95! I already spend $21.95 for my dial up (soon to be discontinued!)

Yea.....now I can post photos galore. I will have NO excuse....well, the camera batteries need a little charging......

Yea. Yea.

I am one happy person today!

Edwina's Secretary
03-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the 21st Century SAS!

I just took my desktop in for service. Told them it was running as slow as "my dad's dial-up"!

What a difference!

Now...where's those pics???? :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2007, 03:13 PM
This is great news!!!:) I look forward to seeing many pictures of your furkids now.:) I also used to have dial up and now have high speed for a little over 2 years now. I'll never go back.:)

Barbara
03-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Sallyanne I am sooo looking forward to this!

I am afraid my connection is bad as well- they say it is DSL and I can have a flat rate- but half of the time it is slower than dial-up. I can't wait until they have some speed at the country side. Please, please send pics of my favorite girl kitties :)

Karen
03-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Congratulations! We look forward to picutres of your whole crew!

kimlovescats
03-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Congrats! Now we get LOTS of pictures from Camp Vermont! :D

Vermontcat
03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Yay Sas! I'm so happy you finally got a quicker connection at home. :)
I'm sorry I haven't had time to post the photos of your kitties from my visit last weekend, I hope to do that tonight or tomorrow. I have about 50 pictures I need to go through and I just haven't had time to do it this week.
Camp Vermont photos will be coming soon! :)

lizbud
03-17-2007, 04:49 PM
I have DSL line where I am & it's not really that bad at all. They offer
three different speeds. I would love the price of your new connection.
Could you mention the company or tell me if they service Indiana folks?

sasvermont
03-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I found them on the internet. I don't know where is the US they operate. I know I saw a map when the guy was showing me the speed etc. And they appear to be all over the joint. My guess is that they sub-let tower space. What the heck do I know?

I will take a look via Google, to see where I found them.

So far, it is running at lightening speed! Well, compare to my dial up, anything would be better!

sasvermont
03-17-2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.surfglobal.net/

:D

lizbud
03-17-2007, 07:12 PM
http://www.surfglobal.net/

:D

Thank you :)

Vermontcat
03-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I just posted some photos in Cat General of Sasvermont's kitties. :)

Camp Vermont Kitty Pictures (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1775375#post1775375)

Rachel
03-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I guess that leaves me as the last person in the world with dial up. :p

I'd be interested to know your level of satisfaction after a couple months. When I eventually make *the switch*, I want it to be the right one. That price does sound tempting. Is it an introductory rate that will go up after a period of time?