PDA

View Full Version : Misty has a friend

Ila
07-02-2002, 11:51 PM
The other day I was sitting at the table and at the corner of my eye I seen Misty looking out the patio door. When I looked closer she had a friend looking in at her. It was a woodchuck. It was mid-afternoon mind you. We live in a woods and we have all sorts of animals come to the window but this was our first with Misty and them having a good look at one another. They did not seemed to scared of each other at all. I called for my husband and this is the picture he took of them. It was so cute till the next morning we realized we shut the woodchuck in our garage the night before and he chewed our small door trying to get out. We need to get a new door sometime soon. The woodchuck is fine I seen him running around today in the yard. We are making sure that he does not get shut in garage anymore. Just thought I would share. Has any animals from the outside world ever come to your doors to talk to your inside fur babies? :) http://cards.webshots.com/cp-28797148-PLPV-album/26887090AFWyJWoHQi

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-02-2002, 11:53 PM
OMG!!!!
That is soooo cute!!! I am surprised Misty did not get upset at the woodchuck! What a cute picture. No animals except a stray cat has graced our house.:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-03-2002, 12:40 AM
What a cute story and pic to go along with it. :) I haven't had anything except birds that would come to the window. This drives my cats crazy and they start chattering at them. When I was taking care of my parents cat, I noticed that all of her dry food and water was gone. This happened for a few days. She never eats all of her dry food or drinks all of her water. She has a kitty door that she uses to go in and out. I told my parents about this and they said that it was probably another cat. When they got home they closed the kitty door and when it was dark they heard something scratching on the sliding glass door. It was a baby skunk. My Mom took a few pictures of it and they had to keep the kitty door shut for a while. Luckily the skunk went on it's way and never returned. I'm just glad that I never saw it in their house because then it would have sprayed and the house would've smelled terrible. :eek:

Ila
07-03-2002, 07:37 AM
Oh Dear, if I would have had a skunk I would have been a basket case. Your very fortunate it did not spray. I will keep my woodchuck insteads of a skunk anyday.!! :eek:

Pam
07-03-2002, 07:48 AM
I caught Trevor watching this little bunny out the front door. I wonder what thoughts were running through his head! :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pdcc6fd1865fd3ee2b3790420e4db4076/fd9499af.jpg

07-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Pam and Ila , these are such sweet pictures !!!!
My Sydney would be hissing at those "intruders" !

btw , what kind of animal is a woodchuck Ila ?? I do not recognise it from the picture . I do not think we have that here in Belgium ..

zippy-kat
07-03-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Pam
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pdcc6fd1865fd3ee2b3790420e4db4076/fd9499af.jpg

"Excuse me, mister cat...does this tail make my butt look big?"

I have a story but it's kinda long--I'll have to post it later!

Ila
07-03-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by lut
Pam and Ila , these are such sweet pictures !!!!
My Sydney would be hissing at those "intruders" !

btw , what kind of animal is a woodchuck Ila ?? I do not recognise it from the picture . I do not think we have that here in Belgium ..

Woodchuck is a groundhog if you want any imported Ohio has plenty lol !! :)

http://cards.webshots.com/cp-28864445-XRFh-album/26887090AFWyJWoHQi

Ann
07-04-2002, 02:06 AM
How adorable!!!!!! :)

zippy-kat
07-04-2002, 02:35 AM
This happened back in my HS days...

It was night and VERY windy. I kept hearing something bang 'n scratch against our front door. (We have a glass door then a wooden door--both were shut.) Anyways, I went and *peeked* out the wooden door--our 'name plaque' was the cause of the banging, but the scratchin' noise was still going on. I finally flipped the light on--didn't see anything. I opened the wooden door, didn't see anything. So I open the glass door and happen to look down as a critter WADDLES into the living room. I immediately thought *SEWER RAT* and SCREAMED---mom/dad come runnin' in to see what's wrong. Mom says, "Oh look Neal, a guniea pig!" and reaches down and picks him up. Dad immediately said, "Guniea pigs don't have tails!" And *plop*Mom drops the guy (he wasn't very far from the ground). Well, we ended up wrappin' a towel around him and puttin' him back outside. He acted disgusted and took off waddlin'!

Come to find out, it was a gopher(!) that was scratchin' at our door to get in! (And when he did get in, he acted like he owned the place--walked right into the livin' room! lol)