PDA

View Full Version : Open Day, Any Ideas?

Muddy4paws
03-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I've recently opened my own dog grooming/ pet shop! :D

We have been opened for 3 weeks now and the place where our shop is are having a big open day for all the newer shops including us!

We want to try and make this a big deal because obviously its great advertising for us, We plan to have helium balloons for the children with our name printed on them and sweets for the kids along with treats and bones for any pets that decide to come along!

We are talking people in to dressing up as dogs to hand out leaflets too :D :o

Can anyone suggest anything else?

M&M's Mommy
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
a one-day-only discount coupon or some freebies will attract lot of customers :)

critter crazy
03-16-2007, 03:56 PM
What about a costume contest?? have people bring their dogs in dressed up, and hand out prizes. :D

sparks19
03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
coupons are ALWAYS a great way to bring in new people. People can't resist a deal.

Zippy
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
coupons...everone loves a great deal :D and critter_crazy said a costume contest and give a free groom away as a win.

Muddy4paws
03-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks! we have already got a 10% discount but we was thinking about 10% discount and 10 free chews!.. We ordered too many for us to ever sell so we thought it would be a good way to use them up without them being wasted! We are ordering tons of stock and hopefully we will have our hydromassage bathing system up and running by then!

I love the idea of dressing up the dogs lol I will defiantly suggest that too!

:D

Freedom
03-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Make sure you have expiry dates on those coupons!!!!

You could have coupons with set dates and spread out the dates, so you don't get every one at once. Once set of coupons good for x week, the next set of coupons good for a different week.

Remember CATS, too! We long haired cat owners do now and then get caught with too many mats. If you are licensed and can do cats, then have a little something to let folks know that!

I take it you have some sort of flyer or brochure, business cards to hand out?

Oh Holly, I am SO excited for you and this new business venture! BEST wishes sent your way!

Sandra & Sugar

Catty1
03-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Can you get or print up some friendly pet care (spay-neuter) leaflets to pop in the bags or hand out?

A place in Calgary here came out with one...I'll revamp it and pm it to you, unless you want to PM your email addy to me!

CONGRATULATIONS!

C