PDA

View Full Version : Themes

sumbirdy
03-16-2007, 12:46 PM
What is the theme for each room in your house? I'm always interested to see how people decorate their rooms (it may give me ideas for my future home)

Our kitchen is decorated in sunflowers
our bathroom is fish
our living room doesn't really have a theme.
My room is dogs, cats and dragons (I know, the dragons don't really fit in with it)
My parents room is brown and white.
My nephew, Nathans room is a mix of dinosaurs, mickey, winnie the pooh and elmo.

BCollie_Kelly
03-16-2007, 12:49 PM
The only room with a 'theme' so to say, is our upstairs bathroom... and its... painted blue and there's lots of rubber duckies! :D LOL

mruffruff
03-16-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't know if this is a "theme", but I kept most of the house in shades of blue. This is the living room. I like to think it's English Cottage, but I really don't know what English Cottage is :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/mruffruff/Southern%20Bungalow/Livingroom.jpg?

critter crazy
03-16-2007, 03:12 PM
hmm...

living room-looking for Ideas, it is completely empty due to remodeling.
Kitchen-Roses
Large bath-Beige and green, flowers
Master bedroom-Horses
Small bath-still empty due to remodeling, but want it all frogs!
Boys rooms-Blue with no real theme.
Family room-umm..theme is Junk!:D

Suki Wingy
03-16-2007, 03:33 PM
there are no "themes" but we did have design, color, and ballance in mind when decorating and painting the whole house.

Roxyluvsme13
03-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Kitchen + Dining Room - Apples
Bathroom - Duckies, kind of o_O
Mom's Room - Blue
My Room - Pirates/Hello Kitty :rolleyes:
Living Room - Maroon + Green

Lobodeb
03-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Good thread idea!

My kitchen is an hunter green with grape vines.
My dining room is kind of a wroght iron scroll thingy. Hard to describe.
My living room is Chicago skyline photos
Hugito's room is Pooh
Bathroom is usually some contemporary type design
My bedroom doesn't really have a theme.

Donnaj4962
03-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Well, since I live in an apartment, all walls are white! :(

But the kitchen/dining room are done in apples.
The living room is mostly blue with flowers and watering cans. A friend once described it as "French Country".
The bathroom is fishies... tried to go with the ocean-ish theme.
The master bedrrom has no real "theme", but is mostly flowers, although not too froofroo! :D
The guestroom/office actually has 2 themes! One whole wallis hot air balloons, and 2 other walls are PURDUE!!!!!!!!!!

And the carpet throughout.... well, sprinkled with kitty litter! :eek:

BitsyNaceyDog
03-17-2007, 11:09 AM
My house doesn't really have themes.

-My family room has kind of khaki colored walls, no real special decor.
-My bedroom is kind of an olive green color.
-My bathrooms are in desperate need of a makeover and hopefully they will be getting one this summer. Right now the walls are just white.
-My dining room has a tall black and cherry table and chairs. The rest of the decor a light greenish color or wrought iron.
-My kitchen is also in need on a makeover. It isn't really much right now.
-Justin's office is very blue and is decorated with his PEZ dispenser collection and some posters on the walls.
-We don't have a theme for the baby's room yet, his furniture is black and chestnut.

Taz_Zoee
03-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Our family room is Africa themed - giraffe's, elephants, tigers...etc.
Kitchen is ugly - white cabinets, stainless steel appliances, blackish counters and it has the ugliest valance (sp?) curtain thingy....I HATE it!!
Our bathroom is a beach theme.
The weight room is an ocean theme - whales, sharks and dolphins.
The bedroom theme is NOTHING!! Just plain 'ol boring!!
The studio (my BF's recording music area) is music themed. Lots of music posters, and those ones with the gold records or whatever.
And the dining room is asian theme.....:(. It is a pretty seafoam green color and the furniture is kinda asian looking. We have one of those room dividers with the birds and flowers and stuff.

Wow, now that I've typed this out you'd think you'd get a headache with all the mixed themes in my house. But they actually flow together nicely.....honestly!! :)

Miss Z
03-18-2007, 07:51 AM
My room's theme is definitely horses and other animals. My brother's room is covered top-to-toe in all things Man. United, you name it, wallpaper, desk, duvet, it's Man. United! The rest of the house really is just done by colour and style, my mum hates clutter and likes our rooms spacious and modern. Their room is terracotta and gold, the bathrooms are light turqoise, the hallways are blue and cream, the living room is sky blue and black furniture and the kitchen is yellow and blue. Any other utility rooms sort of aren't styled, they just tie in with the rest of the house.

Chilli
03-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Wow.. I never really noticed that none of our rooms have an actual theme!

Right now you could say our sunroom has a plant theme.. seeing as its crowded with plants & flowers from the service last week. =]

But other than that we just have color themes throughout the house... If I had my way I'd be redecorating the whole house.

I_luv_rusty
03-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Not really any themes in my house. But,

Bathroom- Seashell/beach ish but cream walls.
My room- Flowers kind of (bed spread,curtains, and I have fake flowers in a few places), but cream walls.
Brothers room- Cream walls and like kinda beige "theme".
Parents room- No theme. really.
Kitchen- No theme. (Cream walls are almost all walls in house....)
Living room,dining room, and family room-no themes.
Basement- Blue Walls..