PDA

View Full Version : WebKinz

K & L
03-16-2007, 07:09 AM
My husband bought these for my granddaughters for Christmas and I'm getting hooked on them. You buy a pet and then you have to earn money to feed, cloth, house etc. You do this by answering educational questions and playing all sorts of arcade games. Anyone else heard of this?

http://www.webkinz.com/

cassiesmom
03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes! I have, actually. I went to the Hallmark store for a couple of birthday cards, and they had this sign on the door that said 'SOLD OUT OF WEBKINS' - so when I was checking out I asked what's a Webkin? Evidently it's quite the thing. I've missed yet another trend! How old are your granddaughters?

cali
03-16-2007, 10:29 AM
yup, we have then at my work, they fly off the shelves. and I also have one myself, at first I never had any interest in the game itself but my friends little sister hooked me on it...ya know after she yelled at me for not taking care of my webkinz online before lol

K & L
03-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Yes! I have, actually. I went to the Hallmark store for a couple of birthday cards, and they had this sign on the door that said 'SOLD OUT OF WEBKINS' - so when I was checking out I asked what's a Webkin? Evidently it's quite the thing. I've missed yet another trend! How old are your granddaughters?

I have 4, 13, 8, 7, and 6. My husband got them for the 3 youngest...BUT...I ended up with one and now the 13 year old wants one. I have to admit they're alot of fun!

catmandu
03-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I have seen them, but would rather spend the money on the Found Cats , and I am too old to figure them out.
Still if it implants the thought that having Pets means responsibilities then I am all for for it!!