PDA

View Full Version : To FujiFilm FinePix owners

aly
07-02-2002, 03:42 PM
My camera has all of a sudden started taking really blurry pics. I didn't change any settings. Any idea how to fix it?

I got some REALLY cute pictures ruined because they are so blurry :(

zippy-kat
07-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Digital cam, Aly?

Have you dbl checked the batteries?

I can't think of anything right now, but I'll check the owner's manual and see if it gives any hints! Let ya know if I find out anything!

Karen
07-02-2002, 04:38 PM
Any chance it got dropped and so the lens is now out of position?

Nobody licked the lens, did they? That's just something else to check.

Cinder & Smoke
07-02-2002, 04:44 PM
Aly ~

There is a huge Fuji Digital Camera BBS Forum on the "Digital Photography Review" web site at:

Fuji Forum (http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1012)

You can search the Forum or start a new topic yourself.

Paul
07-02-2002, 04:50 PM
   That sounds really bad. I would change the batteries especially since removing them (and leaving them out for a while) from the camera might clear a bug in the software.

My random thoughts:

The lens is dirty.
      The camera is really broken.
      The SmartMedia disk or formatting is faulty.

Once our Macintosh could not retrieve all the images from the disk. Several images were lost and several had chunks missing or out of order. After connecting the camera to a PC, we were able to retrieve all the images. Still the Mac and the camera could not reformat the SmartMedia. However, once the PC reformatted the media it worked in all our computers.

If the images are only blurry, then I imagine it is a physical problem with the camera and not worth fixing unless Fuji would do it for free. However, you should still try the fuji forum.

Paul

Randi
07-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Take a close look at the lense first, you know what a cats tongue looks like. :D

No, seriously you should go the website suggested, if that doesn't come up with the answer, I hope it's still insured! :)

aly
07-02-2002, 06:47 PM
I changed the batteries earlier today but that didn't work. Here is an example of the blurriness: