PDA

View Full Version : Thank Goodness Bear was here!!

king2005
03-15-2007, 07:10 PM
As most of you know, I live in a bad Getto (6 murders in the park behind this complex last year). We didn't get Bear for protection, we wern't even looking for a large dog, we just fell in love with her at the shelter.

Bear was whinning at the door because of the not so friendly dog outside. So I closed the big door. Then I remembered I locked the screen door & the guys will be home soon, so I rushed back to unlock it.

I saw this punk walking up the stairs & knew he wasn't for the next door neighbours, but I didn't know if he was a friend of Chads or a friend of someone else we know. Bear came rushing over & stared him down. I held her collar to get his attention of her... He looked at her & asked for Reno. I said no one here by that. He said this is 8 right? I said yes, but there is no Reno. He said ok & left :confused:

Getting any stranger at your door here is scary stuff!!

I do have to give him credit. He was polite, didn't act threatening & left right away, so he could have been telling the truth. But thats something I cannot risk & I'm very proud of Bear for staying alert & calm.

I can only imagen how Bear would have reacted if I left the big door open & I wasn't there when he walked up to the door, the guy would have wet himself, her bark is very deep & scary hehe. She has become VERY protective of our home & lets everyone know it. But shes not crazed or out of control. Its a healthy protective behaviour. If we let someone in, all she wants is attention from them...

I'm so proud of her, shes just so perfect :D

Kalei
03-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Hurray for Bear! You are such a good doggy *give Bear a virtual pet on the head* ^^

If that man didn't leave I bet you would have given him a good wacken (I think that's how you spell it). But he sounded like an okay dog. Good doggy for staying calm:)

KYS
03-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm so proud of her>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am proud of her too...Good for Bear, she did what she should do. :D

I like small dogs, but for me being female and being alone a lot) I have always felt safer with a large dog beside me.

crow_noir
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Yay for Bear! Glad you are safe and sound. :D