PDA

View Full Version : Girl finds missing dog's head in box on doorstep.

Kfamr
03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/dog.head.ap/index.html

My feelings cannot be described at the moment. I couldn't even read the whole story.

critter crazy
03-15-2007, 06:46 PM
OMG!!!! I am so Sad:( and Speechless:mad: !

cyber-sibes
03-15-2007, 09:56 PM
It won't open for me. Is this the story about the girl's service dog? THREAD HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=123500) Please don't tell me this happened again to another dog! :(

Twisterdog
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
I cannot even imagine who would do this. Or why.

Whoever it is, they need to be caught ... because I would bet any amount of money that this person goes on to do terrible harm to people next. There is something not "right" about people who do things like this ... and the next step in the progression is usually murder.

It really struck me that this girl lives with her grandmother. For whatever reason ... death, drugs, abuse ... she does not live with either of her parents. I would imagine she felt very alone and depended on that dog very much.

critter crazy
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
It won't open for me. Is this the story about the girl's service dog? THREAD HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=123500) Please don't tell me this happened again to another dog! :(
here I copied the story for you, but be warned very sad!

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left at her house and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said.

Homicide investigators were looking into the case because of the "implied" terroristic threat, St. Paul Police Sgt. Jim Gray said. The Humane Society of the United States said Wednesday it was offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

"This was extraordinarily heinous," said Dale Bartlett, the Humane Society's deputy manager for animal cruelty issues. "I deal with hundreds and hundreds of cruelty cases each year. When I read about this case, it took my breath away. It's horrible."

After Crystal Brown's 4-year-old Australian shepherd mix, Chevy, wandered away last month, she put up "missing" posters in her neighborhood and went door to door looking for him. She called the St. Paul animal shelter and rode the bus there several times.

"I felt empty," Crystal told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I couldn't talk to anyone. He was my dog. It was just me and him. ... I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."

Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."

Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.

Crystal screamed when she saw her dog's face.

"She was just hysterical," said Crystal's grandmother, Shirley Brown. "She was screaming. She said, 'Grandma, it's my dog's head!'

"I said, 'no it can't be!"'

Authorities say the case is an isolated incident and the suspect likely knew the family. A motive is unclear.

"This was so cruel," Crystal said. "This is one sick, twisted person."

She now has a new puppy, another Australian shepherd. She's named it Diesel. "Hopefully, he'll be my best friend," Crystal said.

cyber-sibes
03-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks
:( Same story. At least there weren't two incidents. It is so horrible, my heart really goes out to this family. I'm glad she has a new dog.

cloverfdx
03-16-2007, 08:39 AM
There are some sick sick people out there :(.

pitc9
03-16-2007, 09:15 AM
:eek: :mad: :mad:
I pray the person that did this is found. What happens to them will not be enough punishment, no matter what it is, that is unless it's death.

king2005
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
So heart breaking :(

When i finally found my dog's body reality set it. It wasn't pretty. I'll never forget it, nor my last touch. If his head was delived to me, I think I would have snapped & gone on a psycotic rampage.

Poor, poor girls :(

PJ's Mom
03-16-2007, 01:12 PM
:eek: :mad: :mad:
I pray the person that did this is found. What happens to them will not be enough punishment, no matter what it is, that is unless it's death.

Maybe they should cut off his head and deliver it to his family. Then it will be enough.

Husky_mom
03-16-2007, 01:18 PM
a complete pshyco....... how in the world you do that and have the nerves to wrap it up and send it to the poor girl........ and also inlcude a note like that...... that really is ashaming of human kind......

kb2yjx
03-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I read this story while eating breakfast!! What a TOTALLY hateful and worthless person!! I agree definitely needs to be captured. That poor girl!

Alysser
03-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm just shocked, I thought chaining a dog in the backyard was bad but this is just so unrealistic. I really hope the stupid #%^&$ is found as soon as possible. I seriously thought I heard it all when I heard about a dog being buried alive, but this has taken the cake. I can't wait to see what this LOW life A$$ gets for this sick crime. :( I feel so bad for that poor girl, I can only imagine what horror she is going through. That person is better get a life sentence or something, they need to go into a mental hospital, IMO. Ugh, I'm completely sickened beyond belief right now.