PDA

View Full Version : L'Oreal Translucent Powder...

moosmom
03-15-2007, 10:18 AM
It's new make-up powder by L'Oreal? It's a jar with a real puffy brush. Same principal as Bare Essentials, but less expensive. You dip the brush into the translucent powder, tap it twice then apply.

I want to try it but I thought I'd ask here first and get opinions.

Thanks!

caseysmom
03-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I thought about trying it since it is cheaper ....right now I like lancome foundation and estee lauder powder, I wouldn't mind falling in love with something cheaper.

GraceByDesign
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Never tried it, but use bare minerals for face and eyes, and love them.

kuhio98
03-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I need another option in your poll.
How about ~ I've tried it and the jury is still out ?? :p

I have never used Bare Minerals but I love, love, love Sheer Cover. But, it's expensive so I ordered L'Oreal which is 1/5th the price of Sheer Cover.

I am very, very, very pale. I have to order the lightest color of all makeup. (If they had a color called "Caspar" that would be me!) :eek:

So, I ordered the lightest shade of L'Oreal. I absolutely love the brush that came with it (I always throw the Sheer Cover brushes in the garbage or give it to Willy to play with). But, the shade is too orange. It looks weird on me. I also notice that the powder isn't as finely ground as the Sheer Cover. Also, I love the Sheer Cover concealer.

I ordered 3 more Sheer Cover kits from HSN.com. I fly home today. My plan is to mix 1 of the Sheer Cover kits with the L'Oreal to see if it matches my skin better. I'll let you know how that works.

Sorry to write a book. :rolleyes:

Lobodeb
03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I am very, very, very pale. I have to order the lightest color of all makeup. (If they had a color called "Caspar" that would be me!) :eek:

LOL!! I'm sorry, but that made me chuckle.

I've never tried it. I'm a MAC girl through and through. I love the stuff. It's a little on the pricey side but the coverage is fantastic and it lasts forever. Once I find something that I like, I usually don't try anything new.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-15-2007, 11:46 AM
but use bare minerals for face and eyes, and love them.

I just got a trial pot of foundation and managed to spill most of it on the floor - don't think we are going to get along :rolleyes:

moosmom
03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Bed, Bath & Beyond sells Shear Cover. I've only seen 2 returned, and it was only because it was the wrong tone.

jenfer
03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
There are a lot of mineral makeup sellers on the net... with much affordable prices than BE and better quality. And they offer samples, so you can test out for the best color.

moosmom
03-15-2007, 05:52 PM
My skin is fair, and burns easily in the sun. That's why I use the lightest shade. The best place to see where your "natural" color, is on the inside forearm.

I also need to find a concealer for the circles and bags under my eyes. The stuff I use now only draws attention to them.

I got a sample of BE but the containers were so small, and the brushes they gave you were so cheap, it was impossible to apply it properly.