PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy update - prayers needed! - Again.....

Catsnclay
03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Over the weekend we noticed that Fluffy wasn't doing so well, so Monday morning we took him in for blood tests.

:( my poor baby is now in Acute Renal Failure :( he is way off the charts and not doing well at all. He lost one pound, and for kidney cats that is a lot. I now have to give him IV fluids every other day, and he is now on a special diet - hopefully to put some weight on him. He is really skin and bones - it hurts me everytime I have to give him fluids - there is practically nothing to pull up.

I know the timing sucks - with Pouncer & Kim (Catnapper) going through this too. But if you could all find a moment and think of Fluffy, once more, I would be truly grateful.

This has not been a good week - eariler this week our dear friends & neighbor's dog was put down, he was 13! Then while at the vet's today my other neighbor came in with her poodle, and sadly Lucy was put to sleep - due to a heart attack. RIP Lucy! They are really taking this hard - as we all would.

Thank you again everyone!
Bunny

Catty1
03-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Prayers for Fluffy, that she can rally and enjoy more time with you!

Medusa
03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
There's always time for prayers for the furbabies. Let's know that Fluffy is feeling better and doing well very soon.

catnapper
03-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Oh Bunny..... how dreadful. I know EXACTLY what you're feeling like right now. Its painful, more painful than I ever imagined it would be. You feel helpless and worried. Many prayers coming for Fluffy from me and the gang here.

Catsnclay
03-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Kim-

I just want to say to you that Pouncer does have some quality life in him!! It looks like you caught this early, and with lots of love and meds, he can and will live a good life.

Fluffy was diagnoised over 5 years ago and was doing fine up until now, but he is 20 years old!! So Pouncer does have age on his side!!! :cool:

It is extremly hard to see them melt away right in front of your eyes and there isn't a dam thing you can do for them. Yes I'm mad, bitter but most of all sad and helpless. It is a horrible feeling. Trust me.

Love him while you can!! :D

rg_girlca
03-14-2007, 10:00 PM
WOW, I didn't realize that your Fluffy is 20 years old.

Prayers on the way that she makes it through this and you can enjoy more time with each other.

Taz_Zoee
03-14-2007, 10:09 PM
I will add Fluffy to my "thoughts" list. There's always room for one that needs it.

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Fluffy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Barbara
03-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Bunny I am sending warm hugs for you and Fluffy. I remember him well- what a majestic boy he was!
I hope he can have still some nice time with you- cuddling and saying goodbye.......you had everything together you can have with a cat.

orangemm
03-15-2007, 04:41 AM
Prayers going up for your dear Fluffy. A lot of us have gone through this, and we know it hurts.

Just know we are here for you........(((((hugs))))) and Fluffy (((((hugs))))).

Killearn Kitties
03-15-2007, 04:45 AM
My girls have all their paws crossed that your lovely Fluffy is as comfortable as possible.
I so hope that he rallies round and enjoys a little more time.
Best wishes to you both.

jenluckenbach
03-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Prayers for Fluffy. {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} for you.

CultureJunky
03-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Prayers for fluffy and thoughts for you during Fluffy's trying time.

jennielynn1970
03-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Hopefully the new foods and meds will help and Fluffy will be feeling better again soon! Thoughts and prayers for you and Fluffy!

Donnaj4962
03-15-2007, 08:52 AM
I am so sorry to hear this news about Fluffy. Many prayers and warm thoughts coming your way from me and my girls.

Please never hestitate to ask for PT prayers! We are always concerned about our fellow furbabies, and there are plenty of prayers as they are needed!

smokey the elder
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Hugs for Fluffy. CRF is the pits.

jazzcat
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts for Fluffy.

kimlovescats
03-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Oh Bunny, I'm so sorry that Fluffy is not doing well. :( Please don't ever be afraid to ask for prayers ... PT has plenty of prayers for as many of our pets and people as need them! ;)

HUGS,
Kim

Randi
03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I'm sending lots of positive thoughts to you and Fluffy - and hope he'll be feeling better after getting fluids, and have some more time with you.

(((((hugs)))))

momtomany
03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Lots of prayers for you and Fluffy. Prayers for your neighbors also during their difficult time. We all understand and PT are the greatest when offering to pray and help one another.

catmandu
03-15-2007, 04:20 PM
There are plenty of prayers to go out to those Pet Talk Cat who sadly are not feeling well.
The well of compassion here is deep and can never be empty as theres so much love here for our Pet Cpmpanions.
And The Pet Angels especially mr Fluffy Angels are bringing some special treats from thier Finnigan Luau party tonight for your Fluffy to enjoy!
And we are praying Fluffy feels better soon.

Catsnclay
03-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Well I could have sworn that last night was going to be "it". Fluffy kept me up all night long :( he kept getting up meowing, then ploping back down in my arms. He just wasn't comfortable and didn't know what he wanted, he would purr, but very lightly. He didn't even want belly rubs!! His favorite.:rolleyes:

But......this morning he is up and chipper! :) Wouldn't take all of his medication but did eat some. He is now looking out the front door with Yoshi.

It has been very warm here lately - yesterday it broke a record.....it was 96 degrees!! :eek: Yikes and its only March!!!!

Well even though I'm dog-tired today I'm really happy to see Fluffy the way he is - gave me a huge scare last night!!! Let's hope tonight we all get some sleep!

Barbara
03-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I am glad to hear he has a nice day today. Take it one day at a time- and we won't stop to cross our paws.

Medusa
03-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm glad Fluffy is feeling better. They like messin' w/us, don't they?

momcat
03-16-2007, 06:02 PM
There is never a shortage of prayers here for our pets or fellow PTers. One of the most wonderful things about PT is the love we feel for each other's kitty companions. Of course Fluffy will have many prayers offered for him, including mine. Please let us know how Fluffy is doing, we care!

krazyaboutkatz
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Bunny, I'm so glad to hear that Fluffy is doing much better.:) Now hopefully everyone will get the sleep that they need tonight.:)

kimlovescats
03-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Bunny, your post had me really worried at first ... what a relief to read that Fluffy is feeling so good today!!! I think he's just "messin' with ya"! ;)

lisalee
03-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Fluffy and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad to hear he had a good day today, that's wonderful news. I hope he continues to feel better.

kitimom
03-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Sending songs of healing for Fluffy!!!
And songs of rest for you Bunny!!