PDA

View Full Version : Just about had a heart attack

Marigold2
03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh my gosh. Here is what just happened to me. I swept and then washed the kitchen floor. As the floor was drying I went upstairs and put a nightgown on and closed the windows in the house because it had stated to rain and storm. I get downstairs and the weather is getting nasty, tornado alert for us. I am sitting here checking my e-mail when I hear a loud crash and a bolt of lightening. BAM!
It sounded like one of my windows broke, like something might have struck the house. I jump up and start to run in the kitchen the floor is wet and slippery. Almost fell on my babunkadunk. I start looking around, I am alone of course. The cats look scared to death. I look downstairs quickly and don't see anything I run upstairs, everything seems ok, but what the heck was that noise. I go back into the kitchen and see a broken tile on the kitchen floor it has smashed into a million flipping pieces all over my wet, no longer clean kitchen floor. I didn't see it at first because of the island. And then I realize what has happened. I put the cat food on the counter, Jake that stinker jumped up on the counter to get the food, the lightening struck, scared him and when he jumped off somehow the tile (decorative only) fell and crashed on the floor. I think my heart has now returned to normal. Here is a photo of that stinker.http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r286/Marigold2/Benny3-4-07013.jpg Yea he's cute, don't let that face fool you. He is a world of trouble.

kimlovescats
03-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Yikes, I'm sorry for the scare, I HATE tornado season!
I tell you what though, that Jake is GORGEOUS!!!! Where have you been hiding him???? :eek: I tell you what, you can just send him to me and you'll not have to worry about any more broken items! ;)

Marigold2
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Ok, kitchen floor is clean again. The storm is still raging here. It's awful. Sheets of rain and tons of lightening.
As for the furry stinker, well I love Jake liking him is another matter. He is always doing stuff he shouldn't. Jumping on counters, knocking down vases of flowers. Going into rooms when you tell him not too. He acts like an 8 year old human boy. Cute as can be but maddening.

Daisy and Delilah
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Jake looks like he's thinking, "Hey, what's your problem?" "What did I do wrong?" He is one gorgeous boy :)

joycenalex
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
*SNORT* do ya think he'll do THAT again?

Marigold2
03-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Knowing Jake, yup he will.

todd
03-15-2007, 01:21 AM
wow glad you all are okay