PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear make-up?

Pembroke_Corgi
03-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Just a random, curiosity poll. :D I don't wear make-up unless it's a special occasion where I'm supposed to look especially nice. What about you?

Cataholic
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I wear it for work and going out. Not too much- usually something to even out my tone, and mascara. If I remember, I slap on some 'stick, too!

critter crazy
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Same here. Only on very special occasions do I wear make-up. Usually weddings and such. I am not a huge fan, and my face seems to like me more when I dont wear any!:D

kuhio98
03-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Just to go to work or out for an occasion. I don't wear it to run to the grocery store or errands, though.

Maresche
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
If I'm leaving the house, I always have eyeliner on. I look like I have two black eyes without it to draw the attention.

To work I wear some bare minerals too.

For weddings and other really big events, maybe I'll add lip stick, but not likely.

cali
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
rarely, the most I am willing to wear is a little lip gloss on special occasions.

AllAmericanPUP
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
never

Lobodeb
03-14-2007, 12:24 PM
I voted, "I never leave the house without it" but that's not entirely true.

I can go without it when I run errands and things, but if I have time, I try to put it on.

I only wear face powder, mascara and a light bronzer (I learned how to put in on in Puerto Rico). I just recently started using a little eye shadow again.

DrKym
03-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Work or going out mostly, every now and then I will if I am having guests over, but seldom just to go errands or shopping.

slick
03-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Never, never, never...did I say never? My makeup bag was a doorstop for the longest time, now it's retired in my Halloweenie box downstairs. The only thing I put on my face is Vit E cream after a shower.

ramanth
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Work or going out mainly. :D

Queen of Poop
03-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Always, every day. I do not leave my bedroom without it. My mothers fault, she always did the same and programmed me to do it too. I would never be caught without it.

Daisy and Delilah
03-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Never leave home without it :)

Argranade
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I only wear eye liner, I have a punk style so it fits me .. altho my mom hates it when I wear it because she thinks I look evil or somthing lol.

I think anything more like lip stick, cheek blush stuff ect .. is not very pretty,

I mean some girls look so kinda pretty with all that make up but as soon as it's being taken all off they look like a different person & sometimes that's a bad thing, I think it's the girls who wear no make up and still look good are pretty .. not all these made up fools.

I'm glad I don't have to wear a mask when I go out.

pitc9
03-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Never leave home without it.

JenBKR
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM

Me too, even if it's just a little powder. And I have to have chapstick on at all times :D

wolf_Q
03-14-2007, 01:18 PM
I voted only for work or going out. I just put on little bit of foundation/powder to work, I gave up wearing anything else a long time ago...I just get water splashed in my face by dogs anyway lol. If I'm going somewhere besides work I use foundation/powder and sometimes a bit eyeliner/mascara. I never use blush or lipstick, I cannot stand the way I look with lipstick. :o I don't really like looking like I'm wearing make-up. If I'm just staying at home I don't put anything on.

Flatcoatluver
03-14-2007, 01:40 PM
When I went to public school I wore make-up all the time, and a lot at that! Now I rarely wear foundation, it's only if I have stuff to cover up.

Karen
03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
The last time I wore make-up was for our wedding, and that was only because they made me. I am allergic to most make-up anyway - even hypoallergenic lipstick has made my lips feel like they were burning ... that was back when I was in school and had to have stage make-up for shows.

RedHedd
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Never go anywhere without it. I'm a true redhead and my lashes and brows are invisible. You wouldn't know I had eyes if I didn't wear makeup. The only time I don't wear it is if I'm having some sort of surgery that requires me to not wear makeup, I will always have something on to enhance what mother nature didn't give me ;)

k9krazee
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
I never wear any.

king2005
03-14-2007, 02:18 PM
I voted "other", cause I cannot say never, even though its pretty darn close to never.

Dec 2006 was the first time I put make-up on. I wore it for Chad & Andrew's wedding & for works xmas party.

I felt soooo out of place & kinda naked (I was wearing a dress :eek: ), that I wasn't too happy... I had more fun at the work party, as everyone said nice things & was happy to see me mingling & trying to dance (I suck pretty bad lol)...

The only other times I've worn make-up is when Chad gets the crazy idea in his head to give me a random make over :rolleyes:

I kinda like the eye liner & mascara (sp?), but I'm so pale, I think I look funny & I cannot do it myself either :o

CountryWolf07
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Only when I'm going out; or when I feel like it - I look fine either way.. :)

kimlovescats
03-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Oh my! I used to wear it all the time. I hated to let anyone see me without it. :eek: Now, I mostly wear the Simply Powder which is a thicker powder / foundation. I have very uneven skintones ... lots of red patchiness, so I still like to cover that. The one thing I simply MUST have at all times, is my LIPSTICK!!! If I have that, I feel so much more "alive"! :D I do like mascara as well, and I will put the whole face (eyeshadow, liner, blush) on when hubby and I go out to a nice dinner, but I have really "gone natural" so much in the past few years. Could it be more confidence or "sheer" laziness? :p

Kalei
03-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I wear make up most of the time, but if I don't have to work and am just staying in the house then I don't bother putting any on.

CathyBogart
03-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Once in awhile I just feel like wearing some. All of the makeup I own is VERY high-quality and it would cost me a fortune if I wore it often.

Toby's my baby
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I only wear it to school or to go out usually. I never put any on on the weekends. When I do wear it, I don't put foundation and stuff all over my face, it looks to fake IMO. I do put some concealer on my cheeks because they are kinda red without it, but that's about it. I also wear eyeliner usually. Thankfully, at school, none of the girls in my grade are big into wearing makeup, so everyone looks natural and it's nice to see a change on not those horrible racoon eyes anymore! :p

sirrahbed
03-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I use sunscreen moisturizer, undereye concealer to help the raccoon eyes and must have lip gloss on ALL the time. The minute I come out of the shower I get that mistuizer and lipbalm on.

Back when I was in highschool and college I always wore makeup - even the false eyelashes lots of the time. Now it is all natural for me. I love makeup though - it is fun to experiment but I don't usually try very often :p

jackie
03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Only in the evenings when I am going somewhere nice.

In the day I can't wear it, I have nervous hands, and would smear it all down my face.

chocolatepuppy
03-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I always wear makeup when I leave home. Not much though, if I can't put it on in two minutes, it's too much. :)

Pam
03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
I wear it everyday, even if I am not going anywhere and only the dogs and cats will see me. I don't want to scare them. :p I don't wear a lot - usually just mascara, a light coating of foundation and some blush.

popcornbird
03-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I like putting on just a 'little' makeup, sometimes, when I'm in the mood. Usually, that is just a little foundation, and occasionally some blush and lipstick. The lipstick has to be close to my natural lip color, otherwise, I can't stand it. I hate bright lips. :o I don't like mascara either. My eyelashes are naturally long and dark, so it makes no difference to my look, and when I apply mascara, I can't rub my eyes!

I did use makeup on my wedding, and used it more in the first two months of marriage. Now, I wear it less. I like going natural, my husband prefers the natural look, and unless there's some special occasion, why put too many things on my skin? I do put a little make up on at home sometimes, when I want to surprise my hubby by 'dressing up', but otherwise, I prefer to go natural. I think society has taught girls to abuse themselves for beauty. You know...all that waxing (ripping off hundreds of hair at once :o), make up, plucking, you name it. I prefer vitamin E oil at night to maintain the health of my skin, and shaving instead of waxing. It is MUCH easier, and so painfree, not to mention, my skin doesn't go through such harsh abuse. :D

Zippy
03-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Never.
I don't like too.If lipgloss counts as makeup I wear that only when my lips are chapped.

Sirrahsim
03-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Does chapstick count? :D :rolleyes: I am like my Mom and ALWAYS have some sort of chapstick or lipbalm on. I will occasionally wear makeup if hubby and I are going somewhere special but I don't have much time for primping :rolleyes: I have long dark eyelashes like popcornbird so mascara wouldn't make a bit of difference. Also my skin is super pale so anything besides a very pale pink color makes me look like a circus freak :D Now that my hair is easier to fix I *might* do myself up more often but it's not that likely :D

KitCat
03-14-2007, 05:19 PM
My eyelashes are invisable without mascara and it makes my eyes look sleepy if I don't use it!

dab_20
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I never leave the house without it. I only wear blush, eye liner, and mascara though. I have pretty clear skin so I don't really need to wear foundation or powder.

Glacier
03-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Much less than I used to. If I'm not going anywhere, I don't wear any. For work I always wear mascara and lip gloss at least. If I'm on time in the mornings, I do more eye make-up.

I always wear a good moisturizer and sun protection.

caseysmom
03-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I am very pale and look much better with it but I do get lazy. I will not go out of the house without at least foundation or powder and a bit of lipstick.

jenluckenbach
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Never, never, never...did I say never?
Yup, this is me, also. Only thing is I keep on is colorless, flavorless lip moisurizer, all the time, and valeline (petroleum jelly) at night. And yes, I do tend to collect the cat hair. :p YUK!

BCollie_Kelly
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM

lol, agreed. same here.
Though it varies what I wear... but I Never leave home without eyeliner on. That is a mustttt.

Twisterdog
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I used to wear makeup to work everyday, when I had a real job. Now I don't wear any makeup to work ... and I usually just wear sweats. Ah, one of the perks of being self-employed.

I wear makeup if I go out, which rarely ever happens.

crow_noir
03-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't really see much of a point in it.

On rare occasions I might wear eye shadow. Weddings, and sometimes going out with friends. Maybe once or twice a year i wear it.

Kfamr
03-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Never. I wear chapstick or lipgloss EVERYDAY and that's as far as it goes.

Catty1
03-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Not that my pic shows anything...that was Xmas 2005, when mom and I were visiting my sister.

I cover my eye circles a bit, have a thin layer of water base foundation, a light dusting of blush, THIN eye pencil and mascara(and I gently use a curler).

I haven't done all that SINCE then! LOL

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I've never put any sort of makeup on ever. It's not at all my thing.

dogzr#1
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Nope...never. Don't even wear any sort of chapstick, I can't stand it. :p I would wear eyeliner though, if my parents allowed it.

I can't stand how some girls look like they put their makeup on with a spoon or something. A buttload of eyeshadow and eyeliner with a ton of foundation. They look fake and have to go change their 'face' every chance they get.

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I wear it everyday, even if I am not going anywhere and only the dogs and cats will see me. I don't want to scare them. :p I don't wear a lot - usually just mascara, a light coating of foundation and some blush.

Poor Pam...we keep finding things we have in common...here's another one... :D :D :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: (except I include eyeliner if I am leaving the house....) My eyelashes are long and thick but blonde...so I need the mascara....

Suki Wingy
03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
only if I get up in time, which is about once a week because I'm usually so resentful that it is morning when I have to get up! I just wear eyeliner usually, lipgloss looks weird and I'm not good at shadow, and my eyelashes are already so thick and long they get stuck in my eyes so no mascara for me!

Almita
03-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I wear it all the time. Mostly just Eyeliner and Mascara i can't leave without eyeliner. I also wear cover-up but when i have time or IF i have it.

carole
03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes i love make up, and wearing it, i wear it most days, and most days i am at home, it makes me feel good about myself, i always believe it enhances what you already have, it is also good sun protection for the wicked rays we have down under.

I wear foundation, lipstick and a bit of blusher, i am quite pale and need a bit of colour i think to brighten myself up a bit.not to mention it hides a few of the imperfections that like most people i have.

If i am going out i will do my eyes up.

catnapper
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I can't really see to put makeup on. Either the lighting in the room stinks or the mirror is too far away for me to see anything. I truly believe my car has the best mirror. If I could get a lighted mirror located in the house by a chair like its is by the car seat, woohoo, I'm golden and would wear makeup more often. I typically put my makeup on in the car. I leave the house 5 minutes early and sit in the driveway applying makeup. My makeup bag is in the car since I never put it on in the house anymore. :o no, I'm not one of those females that apply makeup at the lights...... besides, there are only a few along my way and they all have short reds, so I can't even get the eyeliner brush ready (let alone start to apply it ;))

PS: I would be a happy campler if I could get tattoo eyeliner and lipstick.

Taz_Zoee
03-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I voted other, because I only wear eyeliner and mascara.....and I won't leave the house without it!!
I did once..got all the way to work and called a roommate and had them bring it to me!! LOL
And I always have a tube of vaseline for my lips.....ALWAYS....I have a tube in my purse, at work, here by the computer and by my bed.

cyber-sibes
03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I used to wear makup when I worked as an ad rep, years & years ago. The older I get, the less I bother with anything but moisturizer. Haven't worn a full face of it since Joe & I got married 11 years ago. Occasionally I use a little blush & neutral lipstick, but that's about it, I HATE having stuff on my eyes.

jennielynn1970
03-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I wear it for work, or if I'm going out somewhere, but it's basically four items... foundation to even out the skin tone, loose powder with some bronzer in it to give a healthy glow (I buy the loose powder, and then sprinkle some bronzer into the container so I manage the amount so I don't look "bronze" lol). Then a bit of blush. Then lastly, colored lip gloss. Something shiny, sheer and sparkly is good. The girls at middle school level are very critical of how their teachers look. :rolleyes: Although they yelled at me the other day for being on a diet, lol. (And no, I'm not one of those "oh I need to lose 10lbs" people. I need to lose about 80lbs :o )

I am, however, a fanatic about washing my face. I have cleansers, scrubs, toners, masks... anything for smooth, healthy skin. Usually Aveeno or something mild, nothing with acid stuff in it). I find that if I keep my face clean and healthy, I use less makeup.

I hate feeling foundation on my face to begin with. Many times when I'm just running to the store or whatever, I'll wear the loose powder with the light bronzer in it. It just gives a nice even finish. I used to wear concealer and eyeshadow and mascara, but my allergies are really bad and I get hives on the insides of my eyelids!! :eek: :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I used to wear more makeup and would never go any where without it. Now I always wear it to work or if I'm going out some where special or if I'm getting together with friends. I only wear foundation, concealer, blush, and powder. If I run errands I usually don't wear it or I might just wear powder and concealer.

Edit: I also forgot to say that I always have to wear some kind of lip balm because my lips are very dry.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-15-2007, 12:03 AM
I wear maekup occasionally. Mostly just to parties and dinners with the family. :)

buttercup132
03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Oh goodness I never leave the house without it!

shais_mom
03-15-2007, 12:33 AM
I really had to put OTHER b/c I not only wear makeup I'm addicted to it! :)
BUT I will leave the house without it and do quite often actually for errands etc. But most of my collection is Bare Escentuals (I actually belong to 2 forums dedicated to BE) 'cept for mascara and lipstick - I love experimenting with different looks and colors. But the one thing I can't do without is lip balm or gloss. I have to have it always. (similiar to Missy and Debbie)
And I can honestly say that I have CONVERTED at least 4 people from this forum along over to Bare Escentuals. :D

Marigold2
03-15-2007, 02:00 AM
So as not to frighten small children I wear makeup when I leave the house.

jackmilliesmom
03-15-2007, 05:05 AM
I only wear it when going out or to work because working in a Solicitors Office I have to be presentable so make-up is my first line of defence I suppose (pardon the pun)..... I miss work need to go back soon (did I just say that oh boy I must be bored)will be at least another 5 weeks not allowed in with my cast would have only had another 3 weeks at home otherwise

Pawsitive Thinking
03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
I have to - if I don't I get followed down the road by funeral directors who think one of their "guests" has escaped :D

Logan
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I heard something on the radio, the other day, about a woman who had been married to the same man for over 20 years and he had NEVER seen her without makeup. :eek: Thankfully, my husband doesn't freak out when he sees me without makeup, and I doubt hers would either.

But yes, I do wear makeup, every day. Not heavy makeup, just foundation, a little blush, powder, eyeshadow sometimes, mascara and lipstick. And if I'm going to be cleaning the house (yeah, right...;) ) or working in the yard, I simply put on mascara, so I have some visible eyelashes and some lip gloss, but nothing else. But unless I'm sick, I'm going to at least do the mascara and lip gloss. You guys are obviously much younger than I am, or you have aged a lot better than I have! :p

king2005
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
heres my pic of the first time I wore make-up.. Dec 2 2006. At the guys wedding.

Everyone said I looked pretty, but I felt odd. Esp with Chad's step dad hounding me & following me everywhere :eek:
http://a332.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/37/l_90ba011b89b22210b4ec6a6ed56c14f3.jpg

oh I'm wearing heels (well more like platforms), so I'm not nearly that tall. They are both 10" taller then I am lol I also hate how I look closer to my age.. I like looking super young lol

joycenalex
03-15-2007, 04:04 PM
....And I can honestly say that I have CONVERTED at least 4 people from this forum along over to Bare Escentuals. :D
*raises hands, waves enthussiastically* me, i was one of them. blow dry hair, moisturizer first(clinique) then BE, then mascara, then eyeshadow then lipstick, then one spray of cologne, then uniform and shoes. sounds long, 20 minutes tops.

joycenalex
03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I have to - if I don't I get followed down the road by funeral directors who think one of their "guests" has escaped :D
ROFL :) :D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-15-2007, 06:14 PM
I voted- all the time! My face is naturally really red, and I get teased because of it! So, I just cover the redness up with makeup. :)

Cataholic
03-16-2007, 12:00 PM
And I can honestly say that I have CONVERTED at least 4 people from this forum along over to Bare Escentuals. :D

Since I seem to be in the market for a new look, maybe I will try them, too! I wonder if you could get points or awards or somethin'....

Lobodeb
03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Since I seem to be in the market for a new look, maybe I will try them, too! I wonder if you could get points or awards or somethin'....

MAC!!!! Try MAC! I swear by that stuff.

cyber-sibes
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
MAC!!!! Try MAC! I swear by that stuff.What is MAC? I've never heard of it.

Lobodeb
03-16-2007, 12:29 PM
What is MAC? I've never heard of it.

It's sold in your better department stores. They have some pretty outrageous colors, but they also have more "normal" colors if you prefer. I also love how they offer the same colors with and without shimmer. I personally love a little sparkle, but not everyone does.

I don't use liquid foundation because my face is oily as it is. Adding a greasy foundation would make my face look like slick 50. So, I use their powder foundation. It has great coverage and doesn't leave me looking like I marinated in baby oil.

I also love that when you go to their counter at the store, they will apply the make up for you to show you what colors look best on you, how to apply it, etc.

Here's their website: www.maccosmetics.com
EDA, when to do apply the make up at the store, they do it to your entire face, not just half like some other brands. :p

Miss Z
03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes, I always wear make-up, not so much around the house but still, make-up all the same. For school I always put on concealer for any blemishes and some clear lip gloss. If I ever leave the house, even if it's just to go shopping, I have a face-full (foundation, lipstick with lipgloss over the top, eyeshadow, eye-liner, mascara, blusher, concealer and eyelashes curled) !!! :p But I have to say that I don't particularly like the feeling of make-up on my face, so when I get home it's heaven to wash it off!

sumbirdy
03-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I never wear make-up

shais_mom
03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
I love BE- I have been wearing it unconditionally since June 2005.
www.trybareminerals.com
MAC is good too I've never tried their foundation but their primer is awesome.
I can't remember if you have a Sephora in your neck of the woods but they sell BOTH there. I just looked there is a BE boutique at the
Kenwood Towne Centre
7875 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236

you can use a little to make it very natural looking or like me - heavy it up to make it look like your wearing makeup.
You probably haven't seen me since I started wearing it to know what it looks like.
btw - that's just 4 people HERE that I have converted -
I'm losing count of people away from here that I have converted!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-16-2007, 10:13 PM
I use Bare Escentuals! IMO, it's the best makeup out there!

BitsyNaceyDog
03-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I never wear make-up at home. I usually put a little on when I leave the house, it depends on where I'm going though.

My face it pretty pale except around my nose it's a bit red. I usually put a little make-up on to cover the red a little and sometimes I put a light blush on my cheeks to help me to be a little less pale. On occasion I may put on a little mascara, but that's about it. I hate things on my lips and only ever wear chap-stick if my lips are especially dry or cracked.

carole
03-18-2007, 12:03 AM
I have never been able to find the perfect foundation , they are either too dark, too yellow, or too light, but i have finally found it, Revlon age defying light makeup with botafirm spf 30.honestly for the more mature woman it is fantastic, it covers well , and is the perfect colour for me, at 41 dollars for a 30ml tube, it is more expensive than any other i have bought before (yep revlon is expensive down under and is considered a good and middle of the road makeup), i also like their new lipstick, again more expensive than i normally pay, but both are worth it. :)

TamanduaGirl
03-18-2007, 12:20 AM
I put other.

I don't but let a friend make me up once. Make up was involved in drama and some for a photo shoot for some some modeling cards I was coerced into by my brother.

BC_MoM
03-18-2007, 01:06 AM
I wear mascara sometimes, but it's extremely rare.