PDA

View Full Version : He scared me!

anna_66
03-14-2007, 07:43 AM
This morning Bon and I were laying in bed and he started dreaming. He was moving his legs like he was running like crazy. He kept doing this for quite a long time so finally I said "Bon"...and he stopped. I mean he stopped everything, it was like he even stopped breathing. I shook him, said his name numerous times, even put my finger under his nose and I couldn't even feel his breath :eek:
Of course I was starting to panic thinking maybe he had a heart attack or something, here's my dog laying in bed with me and he's died. It really freaked me out.
Finally I jumped up...and so did he :o Silly boy, seems he was just playing possum :rolleyes:

Ever have something like that happen to you????

pitc9
03-14-2007, 07:55 AM
WOW!!
Bon... don't you ever do that to your mom again!! You silly boy!

Yes, Bud has done that to me!! Bud was dreaming once and started barking and growling in his sleep, so I called his name but he didn't stop, so I shook him and just like Bon, stopped everything. I didn't even take the time to see if he was breathing, I just screamed my full head off then he jumped up (because I scared the hell out of him) and went running around the house barking like mad because he didn't have a clue why I screamed. :o
Needless to say, we both were freaked out!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :D

Logan
03-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Anna, I have never had that exact experience, but I do remember how precious Murphy used to run in her sleep. The darling girl could not run when she was standing up because of her arthritis, but she could do it when she slept! Thanks for bringing back a happy memory for me. :)

Bon, don't do that to your mom anymore, boy! :p

ramanth
03-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Yikes! Kia has been so deeply asleep that I thought she had stopped breathing. Scared the beejeezus out of me. :o

Jadapit
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Yikes! Kia has been so deeply asleep that I thought she had stopped breathing. Scared the beejeezus out of me. :o

Same with Ebony! I woke up one morning she wasn't moving she honestly looked like she had passed on in her sleep. I cant explain how I felt. My heart was pounding. It scared the beejeezus out of me also.

cyber-sibes
03-14-2007, 11:03 AM
No, but I'm glad he was ok! Sherman talks like crazy when he's sleeping, it's pretty funny, because he's soooo quiet when he's awake. :)

lizbud
03-14-2007, 11:59 AM

Smokey has done that before. I tried to wake him to move over so I could
get into bed and he wouldn't move at all. I couldn't even hear him breathing.

It scared me silly. :)

Ginger's Mom
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh my goodness, Bon, don't do that. Glad he was fine.

DrKym
03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes , my girl Sequioa will do that and she will have her eyes partially open, scared me to death the first time! Now I know to shake the bag of Jerky and she jumps up!

Lobodeb
03-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Brandee does the running in her sleep thing. I can pick her up and she'll be as limp as a noodle and not wake up. She's never done the not breathing thing, though.

Bon, that's not nice to do to mommy.

Anna, where does Mark sleep? :p

king2005
03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Bear will run & will show her teeth while shes sleeping. But if you make a peep she'll wake up... I think when she more comfy in our house, she'll go into deeper & deeper sleeps.

lute
03-14-2007, 01:56 PM
OH! I hate when that happends. That dreaded thing crosses your mind. Bon, you better be nice to your momma!

Sometimes I'll walk in the dog room in the mornings and Gracie won't move. I always think the worst. Of course when I mention going "outside" or "breakfest" she's alive and well! ;)

anna_66
03-14-2007, 04:11 PM
*Whew* Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has a dog who plays possum!

Logan, so glad I could bring a smile to your face.

Deb, Mark sleeps in the floor beside the bed...JUST KIDDING :p No really, Bon only sleeps with me after Mark has left for work. How lucky am I to have two handsome men to sleep with :D

Kalei
03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
WOW!!
Bon... don't you ever do that to your mom again!! You silly boy!

Yes, Bud has done that to me!! Bud was dreaming once and started barking and growling in his sleep, so I called his name but he didn't stop, so I shook him and just like Bon, stopped everything. I didn't even take the time to see if he was breathing, I just screamed my full head off then he jumped up (because I scared the hell out of him) and went running around the house barking like mad because he didn't have a clue why I screamed. :o
Needless to say, we both were freaked out!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :D

Ahaha I couldn't help but laugh at this. I could picture this image in my mind of a dog jumping after you screamed and histerically running throughout the house not having a clue what was happening lol.

But I bet it had scared you for the moment, and then you scared him lol.

Glacier
03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Preacher used to do that to me. He'd wait until I was just about to panic, then he'd give me this look that clearly said "what is your problem crazy lady?"

animal_rescue
03-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Awwww! Yes Maggie has done it to me before as well, I completely spazzed out and started crying... the she looked at me like "Umm mom, your weird." :rolleyes:

Kfamr
03-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Silly Bon! No scaring mommy.

Speaking of... I do believe we are due for some new pictures to be posted. Huh?

BCollie_Kelly
03-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Wow, that would've scared me for sure! Silly Bon!

joycenalex
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
aw bon! no grey hairs for the mom, okay?

wolf_Q
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Nawtee Bon, don't scare your mommy like that! You can scare her into posting some new pics of you and your sisters though. ;) :D

anna_66
03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
You can scare her into posting some new pics of you and your sisters though. ;) :D
LOL...OK! I'll get on that asap Amy!
Big Kisses and slobbers
Bon