PDA

View Full Version : Big storms :(

Sirrahsim
03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
There is a big storm system about to roll through north Texas. It is supposed to bring with it hail up to 1/2 inch and lots of rain thunder and lightning. I HATE thunderstorms when I am home without DH so I'm going to be hunkered down with Tyler for a while.
Tyler thinks that storms are neat so I will try to borrow a little of his enthusiasm :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
:) Oh yes first batch just rolled thru MW.. We thought the parking lot was going to flood here at work.. It rained so hard & fast.. We peeking out the hanger doors :eek: WoW.. I think somemore to come thru tonight maybe..

davidpizzica
03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
It looks like those severe thunderstorms will be pushing their way into the Ohio valley and towards Pittsburgh! I hope they're aren't that severe when they get here.

Kalei
03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
I will pray that everything will be okay, and hopefully little Tyler enjoys it, I know when I was little I thought lightning was scary but cool at the same time.:)

CouturePup
03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
I hope the storms passed by quickly! It only rained here (hard!) for a little while. What part of North Texas are you from? I live in Corinth :)

Edwina's Secretary
03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
And I am jealous....one of the things I miss here in SoCal is a good thunderstorm. When it does rain here (rarely) there's no drama... :(

caseysmom
03-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I agree with Tyler...sounds like fun to me :D Soon he will be Mommy's little man protecting her.

Sirrahsim
03-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Thankfully it blew over within an hour or so :rolleyes: :D :D
I live in Wichita Falls

Marigold2
03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought it never rained in Southern California?:p

AdoreMyDogs
03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Missy I hate big storms too! I used to love them, back when I was in Michigan, but here in TX, big storms are bad news since we're in tornado alley! Do you have a cellar to go to nearby in case of a tornado? My mother in law has one if you ever need to go to one and can't find one closer. Let me know.

sparks19
03-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm with you on this one. I HATE storms. They scare me :D I'm a big wimp. LOL the dogs could care less .... well at least Teddy doesn't notice them... we haven't had a storm yet with Belle.

Sirrahsim
03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Missy I hate big storms too! I used to love them, back when I was in Michigan, but here in TX, big storms are bad news since we're in tornado alley! Do you have a cellar to go to nearby in case of a tornado? My mother in law has one if you ever need to go to one and can't find one closer. Let me know.

My house is built in the dumbest fashion imaginable for being in Tornado Alley :rolleyes: There is not a single room that is large enough to go into that doesn't have a window!!! The only relatively safe place that we have is the front bathroom even though it has windows. My hubby and I discussed it and have a "plan" that if we have to hunker down we will climb into the bathtub and pull our futon mattress on top of us.

sirrahbed
03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
oh gosh Missy I think you got that storm phobia from your mother! :rolleyes: I don't miss the Texas weather one bit - still remember so well how things would go so still and take on that greenish look. San Angelo had some nasty tornado seasons. I think your bathrrom tub idea is a good one. Do you keep a battery radio in there? (Do they even make those things anymore?) Oh yes and grab you cell. I always felt safer if I was watching out the window - really dumb I know.

PJ's Mom
03-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I lived in the DFW area for so long, tornadoes were something we got used to. Keep flashlights, cell phones and battery operated radios in the room you will go to. Make sure you grab your pets too!

It's pretty easy to know when to be afraid. The sky will turn green, there will usually be hail and there will be an eerie calm right before a tornado forms.

The closest I've ever been to a tornado was about a mile away. We stood outside and watched it. If you can forget for a second the destruction they cause, in a weird sort of way, they are beautiful.