PDA

View Full Version : multi-dog leash?

coco-bean
03-13-2007, 12:58 PM
im sure there's something like this but does anyone recommend anything particular? since the pups were driving me crazy on the way to & at the park, i wanted to take them on a walk instead. any idea's are helpful! thanks

dab_20
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
In my own experience, multi dog leashes are harder to use than seperate leashes. It may be different because you have multiple dogs, and I only have two. Sorry I don't know of any, but I'm sure some people here do.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-13-2007, 05:33 PM
You can get couplers like the one on this page (http://www.sitstay.com/store/equip/eq2.shtml) (scroll down a bit) to walk two dogs at once, and I think you can find the same sort of thing for three dogs at once too. However, they can be more of a hassle than just using two separate leashes if your dogs aren't 100% reliable while on a walk. I have one, but very rarely do I ever take more than one dog at a time and when I do, I just use separate leashes as I find it easier.

3GSDMom
03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I highly recomend the dog couplers. They are fairly easy to use, heck, easy enough for me to walk two German Shepherds at one time ;)

critter crazy
03-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Hmmm...got me thinking about getting a coupler myself! would make walking nicer with the two big brutes of mine! and I would have a free hand!:D

binka_nugget
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
The couplers are nice if the two dogs walk well on the leash. I prefer to use the coupler with Kai and Kaedyn.. but if it's Keeva and one of the boys, it just doesn't work! :eek: She's determined to complete our walk in the fastest time possible, while the boys want to visit each tree. :p