PDA

View Full Version : No braces for Moxie!

jazzcat
03-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I took Moxie in for the recheck on her teeth to see if they moved into place or if she would need braces. Well they did move but the wrong way. She is now a snaggletooth. He bottom tooth compensated for the top being out of place and it now sticks out too far to the left but the good news is her teeth are no longer hitting each other and she can close her mouth.

The vet said we could still go in and put a wire on both teeth and move them back into the correct positions if I wanted but it would be for cosmetic reasons only. I told him I didn't want to put Moxie through that and he agreed it was the best decision. So, yay, no braces. She looks a little funny and is definitely a snaggletooth but at least she isn't in pain now.

I just hope the other cats dont make fun of her. :D :p

Killearn Kitties
03-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Aww Moxie sweetheart! You will look beautiful I am sure, no matter which way your teeth go. I know that the well-brought-up kitties in your house would never make fun of you! We will accept pictures of your beautiful face anytime! :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2007, 10:32 AM
This is great news!!!:) I would have done the same thing. She's already been through so much. How are Decker's teeth doing?

Queen of Poop
03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Oh Moxie, if anyone teases you just reply back that you are a unique cat now, not quite the same as everyone else - you're Special!!! But of course you were anyway!

jazzcat
03-13-2007, 02:38 PM
This is great news!!!:) I would have done the same thing. She's already been through so much. How are Decker's teeth doing?
His baby canines fell out this weekend and everything looks in place and perfect, thank goodness!!! Thanks for asking. :)

Medusa
03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
If Moxie gets made fun of, he can say that he's Top Cat, so there! This is good news. I would've gone the same route.

rg_girlca
03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
This is great news Lori about Moxie and Decker.

One comment though.........."What!!!! No Pictures of the dear little Snaggletooth." :)

Medusa
03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Hear, hear! I second that motion!

jazzcat
03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't have any pics of her snaggle tooth yet but here are a couple from two weeks ago.

Little Miss Moxie Moo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/1-2007/cc6-1.jpg

Moxie and Decker basking in the sun.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/1-2007/cc7-1.jpg

rg_girlca
03-13-2007, 06:00 PM
AWWWW Thanks Lori. What adorable pictures. :D

catmandu
03-13-2007, 06:22 PM
That Good News That Moxie Does Not Have To Undergo An Operation , And That Her Teeth Will Not Bother Her.
The Found Cats All Say Hip , Hip Hoorraay!!!!

kimlovescats
03-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Awww, nothing could make little Miss Moxie look funny! Just tell her that Grace has a missing canine from her "previous life" ... no idea what happened to it. It just gives her that special "elvis lip" that her mommy loves so much!

Adorable pics, Lori! :)