PDA

View Full Version : Grrr, stupid woman

aly
07-02-2002, 12:09 PM
I just dropped Reece off at the groomer and Nookie was with us. When we were in the parking lot waiting for cars to go by so we could go into the store, I heard a woman tell one of her kids, "Are you stupid? She's not on her leash". I turned around and saw a little Poodle running to us. Her owners were a bit behind taking their time to catch up. There were several cars driving right by me so I bent over and stopped her in her path. I was carrying Reece and had Nookie on leash. My hands were a bit full trying to hold the little Poodle girl to stop her from going into traffic but her owners still didn't hurry. The woman came and picked up the Poodle and didn't even say thank you.

Then when we were in the groomer's, she asked me why I didn't have Reece in the proper Poodle cut and why Nookie's hair wasn't long like normal Yorkies.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lovemymaltese
07-02-2002, 12:15 PM
Some people are so irresponsible and rude. You did the right thing, you'll sleep well at night knowing that you were in the right. I just don't get people sometimes.

pupper-lover
07-02-2002, 12:27 PM
That woman definately has some serious problems. At least you can be proud of yourself, for doing what was right. It's great that you resisted stooping to her level. Some people, and the number seems to be rapidly increasing, are just so wrapped up in themselves that they have no extra braincells available to be considerate towards others. It's sad.:(

Former User
07-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Isn't that frustrating? And then if you hadn't stopped her poodle, she would have blamed you anyway! Nothing is good for some people is it! UGH! Oh well, never mind her! Chin up! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/wave.gif

Gepansy
07-02-2002, 12:30 PM
:mad: Sometimes when our cat Tinkerbell is out, there is a lady who walks some dogs even though they're little they could be rough if they wanted to. They are never on a leash...NEVER! Mom tries to call Tinkerbell inside when she sees them, all the lady does is keep walking and then say,"You better watch yourself, you dogs are going to get attacked by that cat." Even though they're little, they're bigger than Tinkerbell...it makes me so mad that she doesn't even bother to catch her dogs when they could kill our cat or they're just running around on our property.:mad:

mugsy
07-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Well, aly, we all know you did the right thing. What an idiot she is...and rude on top of that. Me and my big mouth probably would have told her that too.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by aly
Then when we were in the groomer's, she asked me why I didn't have Reece in the proper Poodle cut and why Nookie's hair wasn't long like normal Yorkies.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: One of my pet peeves is people trying to make everyone and their animals fit their opinion of NORMAL!!! I absolutly REFUSE to be NORMAL! It's so BORING!!! Who wants to look like everyone else? Who decided that a "Poodle cut" is normal anyway? I've yet to see a poodle request that hair style. I've always wondered if they may be a bit embarrassed by it myself. I had a poodle named Tyke. He would have ran away from home if I tried to cut his hair in a poodle cut. He was so cute the way he was, why would I want to change him? He looked a lot like Reece only gray. SOME PEOPLE!:mad:

lovemymaltese
07-02-2002, 02:35 PM
You tell 'em!

PetsRule
07-02-2002, 02:54 PM
aly, you absolutly did the right thing. some people are just sooo rude and strait out mean.:mad:

Cincy'sMom
07-02-2002, 03:54 PM
How rude. It always amazes me how stupid people can be...

A month or two ago Ralph and I were on our way somewhere when we saw a golden Retreiver wandering. I asked Ralph, why this dog was walking whwnthere was no human in sight. He said, I don't know, should we do some thing? I said, let's stop and see if it has tags, maybe someone doesn't now it is out. So we turned around, and parked the car. By this time the dog had gone around the corner and disappered between houses. we were looking through backyard to see where the dog went. This guy comes out of his front door and I asked him if the Golden was his. He says "Unfortunatly" I said "Oh, we just wwanted to make sure it got home okay. He says nothing.

wolf_Q
07-03-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
One of my pet peeves is people trying to make everyone and their animals fit their opinion of NORMAL!!! I absolutly REFUSE to be NORMAL! It's so BORING!!! Who wants to look like everyone else? Who decided that a "Poodle cut" is normal anyway? I've yet to see a poodle request that hair style. I've always wondered if they may be a bit embarrassed by it myself. I had a poodle named Tyke. He would have ran away from home if I tried to cut his hair in a poodle cut. He was so cute the way he was, why would I want to change him? He looked a lot like Reece only gray. SOME PEOPLE!:mad:

Yeah, my dogs don't really look "normal" either. First of all, well, Reggie has gigantic ears. Schnauzers ears are supposed to fold or be cropped. I wouldn't let my parents crop them lol. And I think he has more personality when you can actually see his eyes. We groom the dogs ourselves...and I always trim the hair on Reggie's face. I make it short, and most schnauzers have huge beards. It's the way I like him, and it makes him who he is.