PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer Update...He needs PT prayers!!

moosmom
03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I just spoke with Kim on the phone and she told me that Pouncer's diagnosis is not good. :( She asked me to post his update, as she's at work.

Pouncer's blood work is off the charts and he's in renal failure. His temp is way too low and he's just not responding to treatment. Rather than do the surgery, they're going to run the same tests again tomorrow and then, unless there's a major improvement, a decision will have to be made.

I know PT prayers have always worked wonders. Pouncer needs our PT prayers.

Catty1
03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
OH NO....PT PRAYERS ON THE WAY.

They will keep him comfy and hydrated and all?

Poor Kim - {{{hugs}}} to you.

Edwina's Secretary
03-12-2007, 05:34 PM
I know Pouncer is very special to Kim.....I hope his numbers improve!

rg_girlca
03-12-2007, 05:34 PM
OH NO!!!!!! Oh Pouncer sweetie, you just HAVE to get better.

Kim, my heart goes out to you my dear as this news must have devastated you. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Prayers on the way that precious Pouncer pulls through this.

Thank you Donna, for updating us.

DrKym
03-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the update Donna!

Prayers and candles lit here! Send along my best to Kim please?

catmandu
03-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Thats Horrible News About Our Dear Little Pouncer.
All Our Prayers Are Going To Kim, And That Brave Little Cat.
We Are Praying Hard That The White Coats Can Help That Poor Cat.

kuhio98
03-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Many, many prayers from all of us.

Kim ~ We're praying that Pouncer (like Halo) is a medical-mystery kitty. Remember when Halo's numbers were off the charts? So high that they tested them twice because they had never seen such results? A month later, they were back down to normal. And they've never gone up again.

We're all praying that Pouncer confounds the White Coats!

caseysmom
03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
That is just horrible, I am so sorry Kim. Pouncer will be in my thoughts.

doolittleky
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
I will be praying for Pouncer to fully recover. I know how stressful it is when your baby is very ill.
Melissa

catfamily
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
OHHHHH NOOO!!! God help this poor little guy...he needs it.I know Kim will not handle this too good at all!!!
I am praying HARD!!!!!
Thank You Donna for telling us...I really thought everything would be great after today and we would all be so very happy.OMG!! Please help this poor fellow...Kim must not be doing to good right now.
I'm also going to add some prayers for her.

Catsnclay
03-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I can atest tha PT prayers work!

When Fluffy is ill, about a month ago I came here and told everyone, and within a week Fluffy was feeling better, even his doctor commented about PT prayers (I told her all about us here :D )

It sounds like you caught this in time, and with time, prayers and all the good stuff the doctors give, Pouncer will be back in action in no time!

Thanks Donna for the update!

MidnightMoon
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Sorry to hear Pouncer is so sick. I hope to hear of his condition improving soon!

jenluckenbach
03-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I am in total shock! This can not be happening. ;( And I wasn't even home today to get the phone calls from Kim when she needed me. :( All the prayers that this household can produce will be said for dear Pouncer. He does not deserve to be this sick. OMG!! I am just so sorry to hear this. :( :(

Grace
03-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Adding my prayers to all the others. Especially for Kim.

kimlovescats
03-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh NO! Come on Pouncer boy, you've just GOT to get better!!! :(

Prairie Purrs
03-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll be sending Pouncer many healing thoughts tonight. Please get better, little guy!

Donnaj4962
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh no....I am so sorry to hear this news. Many, many prayers coming from me and my girls from Indiana.

Thanks for the update Donna.... I am sure that poor Kim is just beside herself with worry. Prayers are on the way for her also.

jazzcat
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
OMG! Prayers, positive thoughts, crossed paws - you name it you got it!

Please Pouncer, you are a strong little guy and can pull through this.

Catty1
03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Again...prayers, please, God, let Pouncer get better - his meowmie loves him so much and has done everything for him.

And hug his meowmie too...

jenluckenbach
03-12-2007, 06:41 PM
more prayers, and more prayers, and more prayers, and more prayers, and more prayers.

kb2yjx
03-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Prayers for Pouncer and (((((((((hugs)))))))))))) for MOM!!!

Freedom
03-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh what a scary development! Prayers for Pouncer, and for Kim!

NKBurlington
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
How sad! Thinking of Pouncer!!!! :( :(

shais_mom
03-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear this.
Pouncer and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Catlady711
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM
PT prayers for Pouncer. I hope his tests improve!

Craftlady
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
I am so sorry to read this about Pouncer.
We will keep good thoughts for the test results tomorrow.

momcat
03-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh no, this can't be happening to our sweet Pouncer! Come on, Sweetie, don't be afraid and let the whitecoats help you feel better. Getting close to LES over here for Kim and Pouncer. Prayers and hugs sent for Pouncer and his loving Meowmie.

PS: Gary, can you call the Pet Angels in on this? I know they will stay with Pouncer and guide the whitecoats in fixing our boy up as good as new.

koxka
03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Healing thoughts from across the pond for Pouncer. :(

Zippy
03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
I will keep Pouncer and Kim in my prayers.

lisalee
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pouncer. Pouncer and Kim will be in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. I hope things get better for Pouncer.

catnapper
03-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Thank you Donna for posting the update.

I swear my vet was close to tears this afternoon when I called. Hearing a vet cry isn't the greatest sign. She said his temp was very low - 94 degrees I believe is what she said. I wasn't surpised because I was telling people last night that he was cold to the touch. His numbers are all off the charts in that the lab couldn't even read the totals.

She said they put him in a cage with a hot water bottle to try to warm him up and she mentioned that most cats won't have anything to do with the hot water bottle but he just sat there. She said he didn't move all day - not a good sign.

They have him catherized and he's being given sub-Q fluids to try and flush out the toxins. As it stand the vet says the best she can hope for is that the stress of being blocked has skewed his numbers. But she doesn't sound optimistic about the tests coming out any different in the morning.

Right now I am stoic... I can't describe it. Its like I refuse to acknowledge my boy is dying so its just not true. Reality will hit me tomorrow when I call the vet for the results of his retests.

What am I going to do? What if he truly is in renal failure? I don't want to be his executioner, but I also don't want him to be miserable and spend his last few monts of life sore and drugged.

I keep kicking myself.... I haven't taken many pictures of him lately just because I haven't. Now I want every last minute back to take a hundred pictures of him. I miss my boy already.

ramanth
03-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry. I'm praying that Pouncer bounces back tomorrow. *hugs*

jenluckenbach
03-12-2007, 08:23 PM
{{{{{{{OH KIM}}}}}}}

I too pray that his numbers were off due to the stress of blocking. I pray he will get better.

Cinder & Smoke
03-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Meyow?

HI, God ~
Boots, da Kat, here - (da Prayer Muttz are singin Chorus on dis wun) ...

It's abour lil Pouncer ~~ da poor Kid got a plug inna plummin like I had;
anna buncha "numbers" are wrong ...

Kan You hop onna Silver Klowd an check it out inna mornin?
T&P said they've got da Klowd all gassed an ready ta fly;
an Your Skrubz & Halo Net are all pressed an hangin onna Klowd Hook.

Pouncer will meet You inna White Coat Lab ... tell him we're all Purrayin,
krossin pawz & klawz,
an jest Hopin he'll feel better!

OH, an Meowie Kim kuld sure use a nice {{{God'sHug}}} -
Think You kuld send her a few?

THANKS, God ... we'll <chat> again at Purrayer Tyme ...

Cue da Chorus:
"Get Well SOON, Pouncer!"

/s/ da Purrayer Kat - (wiffa a lil help frum da Dawgz)

Vermontcat
03-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry that Pouncer is so sick. :(
I'm sending many prayers and hugs your way for sweet Pouncer.

catmandu
03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
The Pet Angels have picked up blankets filled with warm Hawaiin sand and are laying them near Pouncer to keep him warm.
Moose, Y.Lee , Spunky , and Moose are PURRRRING to Pounce and they are surrounding him with love.
Please God let Pouncer have some more time.
Three years is just too soon.
Please!

Taz_Zoee
03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
LES here. Kim I am sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine, and dread the day I must go through it too. I don't even know what to say.......you and Pouncer are in my thoughts.
Come on Pouncer....you can do it!!!

prechrswife
03-12-2007, 09:10 PM
So sorry to hear this... (((((Hugs))))) and prayers... Hoping for the best... :(

Queen of Poop
03-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Tears and prayers from Sasha and I for dear, sweet Pouncer. Have enlisted my fur angels too. Pulling out all the stops for you Pouncer buddy. Hang on kitlet. Meds will make you feel better sweetie.

Great big HUGS and a few Sasha kisses (she's pretty stingy with them) for you Kim.

AbbyMom
03-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Pouncer.

jennielynn1970
03-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh gosh, I was didn't realize Pouncer was that ill. That poor boy! Many thoughts and prayers here for Pouncer. Pouncer, hon, you are way too young to cross the bridge... please try really hard to get better, your meowmie needs you there!

Thoughts and prayers for Pouncer and for his meowmie.

Sevaede
03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
*****HUGS*****

Pouncer, GET WELL, boy! *thumbs up, crossed fingers*

Daisy and Delilah
03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, Kim. :( Get Well Pouncer!! You just have to be okay! :(

kt_luvs_kitties
03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Oh Kim I am so sorry. :( This is so sad. *HUGS*

MAJOR PRAYERS from NC. I will look for an update tomorrow.

Pouncer boy, please get better and spend many more years with your beloved meowmie and furfamily. We all love you!

Thank you Donna for the update.

Katie and kitties

Catty1
03-12-2007, 10:21 PM
KIM KIM KIM KIM....A PHRED prayer, and Gary's Pet Angels, and all our prayers, Pouncer just has to make it.

Even if he doesn't BOUNCE back...if he just warms up and eats a little, even some liquid. Is there nutrient stuff in the liquids?

Easy, baby boy....come back to us. Get nice and warm, and let your meowmie love you for a long time yet!

THANK GOD you have a vet who cares so much, if she was near tears...everyone, everyone is pulling for you, Kim, and for Pouncer.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

catfamily
03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm so very sad and very sorry Kim.I know the feeling your going through.I really do.
Thinking about pictures...well,I disagree you needed more pictures taken.The reason:You spent more time loving him instead of taking pictures.I don't take many pictures of my cats because I know they don't like it and rather me love or play with them.Another reason I don't have time for pettalk to much.
I can't be with my cats and do other things too.
But hopefully he will get through this.
Remember...he isn't gone yet.There really is hope!
I wonder if vets do kidney transplants.I only say it because I accually love this Mia I have so much that I was crazy enough to think if they ever did that sort of thing and had success.
Is that what is failing?His Kidney?
God..Kim...he's too young for this.
But...he got more love than any other little fella ever got and we are hoping to get more of Pouncer if by a wonderful chance that he accually pulls through so they can operate on him.
I am having Mike say a prayer also.
Good night...waiting to hear for your update in the morning.

kitimom
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Songs and Prayers coming from Tennessee for Pouncer!!!
Come on, Boy, You can do it!!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( I was just reading about his PU surgery and now this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Pouncer's way. I look forward to reading a good update tomorrow. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Kirsten
03-13-2007, 01:35 AM
OMG, that's horrible, just horrible!!! :( :( :( Not our sweet little Pouncer!!! How can a cat that young have renal failure? :( :( :(

I'm off to work now, but I know that Pouncer and Kim will be on my mind all day.

(((HUGS))) to Kim and her sweet boy,

Kirsten

Barbara
03-13-2007, 04:04 AM
I am so sorry for Pouncer.
But I don't think it is already the end: first they have to do something against the blockage and the sub-qs are for the renal failure. These are basically different things. With renal failure, cats can survive well for years- look at Fluffy, Filou, Puddy and many others.
They need regular sub-qs- but most cat owners can learn to administer them at home. Even the wiggleworm Filou who goes to see the vet once a week got used to them.
Look at the website www.felinecrf.com

I can understand you are just desparate of sorrow but there are chances for Pouncer :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-13-2007, 04:07 AM
I am praying for Pouncer, get well sweet boy. :(

Killearn Kitties
03-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Don't give up yet, Kim. We will all be willing your precious boy through this.
I am so hoping that he manages Halo's medical miracle.

orangemm
03-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Hang in there, sweet Pouncer, we're all praying for you!

Kim, my heart goes out to you and your boy. I'll be praying for better news today.

(((((hugs)))))

Mad Mags Moo
03-13-2007, 05:48 AM
Thinking of you Kim - Take care and fingers and paws crossed here hoping Pouncer will be ok. Hugs to you xxxxx

DJFyrewolf36
03-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Prayers on the way
Get well soon Pouncer!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-13-2007, 06:51 AM
OH NO Kim...

Sending some PRAYERS your way!!!!!

catnapper
03-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Thank you everyone... I can't believe how strong I'm being through all this. I'd have expected to be a quivering mass of jello right now. Denial is a strange thing. He CAN'T be sick. He CAN'T have a life threatening illness.

I was heartbroken last night when Allen was wandering around the house calling for Pouncer like he does. It just killed me to hear that knowing Pouncer wasn't going to come and might not come for a while (keeping positive that he WILL come back to his buddy). I had a heart to heart talk with Harry and told him not to pick on Pouncer when he comes home (I don't think Harry was listening)

I have to admit one thing: my heart was slashed in two when the vet called. I hung up with the vet and immediately called hubby. Left him a message, then called Jen. Left her a message. Then called Donna. I told all 3 people that it was liver failure. Then I spoke to a rescue friend and somehow it became kidney failure. Then I called Donna back and told her it was renal failure. To be honest, I can not remember if its liver or kidney. I could have been confused in the beginning or completely correct. I don't know. I was floored to hear that news. I was confident the vet would call and say his bloodwork came back a-ok and that he was slated for surgery today.

I have one major headache and feel like someone slammed my head in a door. I want to go back to bed and sleep the day away. Maybe I'll take one of Pouncer's valiums (bad attempt at making a joke)

ChrisH
03-13-2007, 07:33 AM
{{hugs}} Prayers & positive thoughts on the way.

momcat
03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Many prayers are being prayed for our sweet Pouncer that his numbers are back to where they should be this morning. Groucho sends Pouncer "get better" headbumpies and purrs. And we both send [[[[[HUGS]]]]] to Kim.

Kim, both of you are in our thoughts and prayers especially as you wait to hear what everyone hopes will be good news. We're here for you.....

Queen of Poop
03-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Just checking in this morning. Wanted to let you know I'm still praying for Pouncer.

Medusa
03-13-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Pouncer but miracles do happen, Kim. My Puddy is living testimony to that. Her numbers were off the charts, too, and the last time I took her in, one vet prepared me to probably have to put her to sleep. But she pulled through. And Pouncer can, too. Hold on and know that all of us here at PT are praying for you and Pouncer. A candle burns for you both.

Logan
03-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Kim, whatever it is, we are praying that Pouncer can rebound and spend more time with you.

You will be in our prayers, also.

Logan, Honey, Mack and Butter

Catty1
03-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Prayers and hopes here today!

{{{{hugs}}}}

catfamily
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Still praying and hoping for a healthy comeback for dear pouncer

Medusa
03-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Your words are stuck in my mind about not wanting to be Pouncer's executioner. Should the time come when you have to do what you dread, you would be setting him free, so you would be his emancipator.

jennielynn1970
03-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Hoping that things are going ok... Would taking him to see Dr. Hodges at Valley Central Referral do any good??

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Kim, I'm still keeping both you and Pouncer in my thoughts and prayers.

Trinityagain
03-13-2007, 10:27 AM
all fingers, toes, and paws crossed here as well...come on Pouncer, pull thru bud!

smokey the elder
03-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Hang in there, Pouncer! I hope you get better, and your meowmie can help you get stabilized.

ramanth
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Many prayers and thoughts for you and Pouncer.

Freckles
03-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Prayers for Pouncer.

Kirsten
03-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Any news on Pouncer from your vet? We all cross our paws and fingers here!!!

Kim, can't you call your vet again and ask whether it was kidney failure or liver failure? The bad news must have been such a shock for you that you can't remember the exact words now. That's absolutely normal. Getting news like that are such a nightmare, expecially when you didn't expect anything like that, it's so unreal.

And you still sound as if you're in shock. Hope you can get some rest and find some peace. You'll need all your strength to help Pouncer through this.

I'll keep him in my thoughts!

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Again I am shocked and saddened! Poor Pouncer...and poor Kim!

I can only hope and pray that today brings better news for Pouncer. Come on sweety, you can beat this!

catlover4ever
03-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say :(

Major prayers on the way for Pouncer. Please keep us posted.

NoahsMommy
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Kim,

I'll keep you and Pouncer in my urgent prayers. God always hears his Pet Talkers....we have a direct line for our sweet Pouncer and his kind meowmie.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

rg_girlca
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh gosh, I was praying to read some hopeful news by now.

Prayers still on the way for precious Pouncer and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for you Kim.

kb2yjx
03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Prayers for Pouncer and his family...

jenluckenbach
03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I just spoke to Kim, who is between her 2 jobs when she called.

She visited Pouncer today, He is SOOOOOOO much perkier and responsive! She knows (by how he acts) that he feels worlds better.

No confirmation by the vet (who was in surgery ALL day) but the techs said his blood test numbers were SOOOOO much better today, better than anyone expected.

Now we just have to wait for the vet to tell Kim the next step.

PT prayers have pulled Pouncer this far, let's bring him ALL the way home. :)

rg_girlca
03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
YYYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Wait a go Pouncer. :) Oh gosh LES here.

Thank you Jen for this wonderful news. :D

Medusa
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
You got it! What great news! Way to go, Pouncer and PTers!

catfamily
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank God!!

Prairie Purrs
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh, thank goodness! I've been worried all day about Pouncer boy.

kb2yjx
03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Wonderful news!!! Will keep the prayers coming...

wolf_Q
03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Pouncer. I hope he will be ok!

catmandu
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
And The Pet Angels Will Pick Up Delicasies At The Alex Angel Luau Tonight To Treat Pouncer, And Tempt Him To Eat A Bit.
Thats Wonderful News And We Pray That Pouncers Health Will Be Stable After Such A Rough Start In Life.

ramanth
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Come on Pouncer! You can do it. :D

Catty1
03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Thank You Jen!!!!! This Is Soo Great!

Thanks God/pet Angels/creator/wonderful Powers That Be And Pt Prayers!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Craftlady
03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Great news!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

kimlovescats
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
What great news! Keep fighting, Pouncer!

catnapper
03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok, I'm back from work. What a loooong day. I waited and waited all day for the vet to call. She still hasn't called. I will go on the philosphy that no news is good news.

I tell ya, I was so impressed when I saw him this afternoon. He was purring, he rubbed against me for pets. He nestled into my arms and was making happy feet on the towel. He was NOT impressed with the E-collar... I tell ya, I have no idea how they managed to get it to stay on him.

Seeing the amount of blood in his urine was scary. He was still wearing the catheter and it was daunting how red his urine was. I was told that looked GOOD compared to earlier. She said his temp is where it belongs and the levels were all much lower, much to everyone's surprise. I was just thrilled to see him perky, eyes alert and watchful... and to hear the PURRRrrrrrrrr. And to watch that little tail twitch :) He didn't look like the pathetic ragdoll I brought in yesterday -- he looked like the troublemaker I know and love. They told me that he was starting to become sweet and loving as the day wore on. Ahhhh... thats my boy :)

Of course the tech I don't like was the one to show me back to my boy. While I got my whole 5 minutes with him, she laid one monster guilt trip on me. Gee... thanks, thats exactly what I need right now. I did what I had to do in order to give him medical care that won't toss my family onto the streets.

Thanks so much for the prayers. They seem to be working. Pouncer will be here for a long time to come ((((HUGS))))

jenluckenbach
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Too bad the vet did not get to call, but great news that he feels (acts) better. BIG SIGH of relief.

momcat
03-13-2007, 08:38 PM
This is wonderful news about Pouncer!!! Groucho is here doing his happy dance at this great turn of events!! :) :) :) :) :)

jennielynn1970
03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh thank goodness! Let's keep the prayers up and get this sweetie home again!!

Sounds like you also need to have a talk to the vet or the mgr to let them know you don't appreciate the negative comments and criticisms when you are already under much stress. That's just unprofessional and uncalled for. Sounds like that one bitchy girl at Kutztown A.H. Ugh.. I refuse to go there cause she's just evil about the shelter kitties.

kt_luvs_kitties
03-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Oh Kim, thank GOD! I am shivering with excitement. I am so glad to read this! Please Give Pouncer a gentle hug from me and the kits???

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Kim, This is wonderful news!!!:D I'm so glad that the old Pouncer is finally back and I hope that he continues to improve.:) Maybe you should try calling your vet in the morning. Pouncer continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

catfamily
03-14-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm so happy for the news of him feeling better.I've been tossing and turing thinking of Pouncer and how worried you were.
That vet should never have talked to you that way.You do so much for Pouncer...always have!
Good Luck for Later and more prayers for Pouncers return home soon.

orangemm
03-14-2007, 04:26 AM
what wonderful news and what a relief for you!! I'm so glad your sweet boy is better.

Yes, definitely say something about the vet tech. There is no excuse for that kind of attitude. NONE.

Come on Pouncer, you can do it!!!

Sonia59
03-14-2007, 07:34 AM
That's good news! Cats and humans dancing here! Good thoughts are still on their way for full recovery ;)

Donnaj4962
03-14-2007, 08:12 AM
LES here.... very happy tears! I am so glad to hear that Pouncer is feeling better. PT prayers have proven once again that they can make miracles happen!

Keep up the great work Pouncer.... and you will be back home with Meowmie and your fursibs before you know it! :D

Queen of Poop
03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Checking in this morning and very relieved to learn that Pouncer is doing better. Will continue to keep him in my thoughts today and until he is completely out of the woods and home again. Big KISS for you little man, you're doing great!!

NKBurlington
03-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Great news!

ChrisH
03-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Wonderful news! :D

Thanks God!

catnapper
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Pouncer's coming home tomorrow!!!!!!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/huepfen/jumping-smiley-024.gif

I just got off the phone with the vet. She said his kidneys compensated beautifully and ALL his levels are back up where they belong. He's gone potty on his own and is drinking but still has not eaten, which is causing her some concern. She took him off the fluids to see if his kidney values remain normal or if they go bad again (PRAYERS PLEASE that they stay where they are!) The only thing that concerns her is that he has not eaten yet, and they've tried a smorgaborg of things to tempt him.

She said based on how he does off fluids and if he eats, she would do the surgery tomorrow. I opted to give him an opportunity to recover from this trauma before having him undergo surgery.... so the next time he shows ANY signs of blocking, he's going straight to the vet regardless day or time. I promise! :) So also based on how he does off fluids and if he eats, I get to bring him home tomorrow!!!!

The only thing is that even though I'm bringing him home, I have to watch him like a hawk because his kidneys might very well have been forever damaged and comprimised. I can not just wait and see ever again on him. He'll always go straight to the vet for even the slightest sniffle.

I am so happy! All those PT prayers worked. Thank you and God bless you all. You have no idea how much this means to me. My little boy is coming home!

Trinityagain
03-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Yahoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Taz_Zoee
03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh thank goodness!! I will continue with the good thoughts until he is home where he belongs. :D
And I would definitely talk to the vet or someone about that tech. You are, in a way paying her salary, and she should not be talking to any clients like that, EVER!! I know my vet would want to know about it.
Way to go Pouncer!! I'm so glad you are getting better so you can come home to mommy! :D :D

jazzcat
03-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm so glad to hear he's doing much better.

So you are going to wait to do the surgery till he is fully recovered? Probably a good thing to give his body a little healing time.

catfamily
03-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Does this mean your waiting until he's sick to do the surgery?Or your just waiting a few days for him to recover to do the surgery.I Just got confused.
But I really am so happy he came through.It shows he's strong and doesn't want to die :)

catnapper
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Sorry to confuse everyone on t he surgery thing. The vet agreed its going to be best to wait for surgery til he's healthy. I said I was worried he might block within a month and she agreed it is a possibility, which at that time we'd proceed with the surgery, so long as I get him in there as soon as I notice anything. In the meantime I plan on making payments to them where I have a couple hundred in my account so when the time comes for the surgery it'll already be half paid for :)

The thing I feel guiltiest about is that I've been working 60+ hours between two jobs PLUS working my own business.... the vet indicated that he should have been brought in a full week before I brought him in. I SWEAR he showed no signs of anything til late Saturday nght. I feel SO GUILTY that I've been working so much that I never picked up on anything til it was almost too late :( God, I'll be the worst cat owner in the world if I comprimised his kidneys because I never noticed. I swear when he stopped eating, he wasn't straining.... I swear I thought it was something completely unrelated. Bad, bad meowmie :(

Craftlady
03-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Dont beat yourself up. Now you know the situation with Pouncer is on a different level and when the slightest indication of trouble comes to light, you need to see the vet. I'm glad he is feeling better :)

Medusa
03-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Life has a way of doing that to us sometimes. We have to work. We've all got lots of furry mouths to feed. Now you know what to do and not to hesitate. Pouncer dodged a bullet, so just be thankful and know that the PTers are w/ya.

Donnaj4962
03-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh what WONDERFUL news! I am so glad that Pouncer is coming home!

Please, quit beating yourself up. It is okay, he is coming home! He didn't show the typical symptoms, so how could you have known?

Hugs and kissies to the widdle man..... glad he is doing better, and he will be much better once he gets to come home!

Catty1
03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Come on, Pouncer, eat some food, baby! :)

You wanna go home, ya gotta!

catfamily
03-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Don't feel guilty at all kim.He was sick when you saw it on Sat night.He would of showed you during the week if he was sick earlier.Even though your working so much...he would of told you while you were in bed by climbing on you or coming to you and waking you up.showing you he was in pain.so forget the guilt.

This seems the best way all around.
Saving up money...getting him stronger...and then surgery.(expected surgery)so your not so stressed.

And we always had emergencies on sat afternoons or nights.It seems the night they like to be sick :rolleyes:

Kirsten
03-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm so relieved to read that Pouncer is doing better!!! I was almost afraid to open this topic this morning, but then I saw the good news - It almost sounds like a miracle - yay!!

Kim, like the others have said, please don't beat yourself up! Cats are true specialists in hiding their discomfort, so how could you know he was feeling so bad! I bet you can't wait for him to come home again, and you're going to watch him very well.

I swear Lily is ready to ship herself to the US, she wants to lick his face and ears when he's coming home, and she wants to purr for him to help him through his healing process:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/lily_box.jpg

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
03-14-2007, 01:25 PM
((((((Kim)))))

You, of all people are one of the BEST kitty meowmies EVER!! Please don't get down on yourself or let the vet make you feel bad. Remember, cats will always HIDE any physical ailment...even from their hooman keepers!!

I know in my heart of hearts that you got him there AS SOON as you noticed anything wrong....you did, sweetie!! Working all those hours are ensuring his care is paid for...you're doing everything 150% CORRECT!!

He's going to get well, strong and will return for his sir-jury soon and then he'll be good as new!

Don't get down on yourself, honey. You're the best meowmie ever...you adore each of your kitties, including all the PT kitties as if they were your own. We know your heart - and know that Pouncer is LUCKY to have you. Please, don't feel bad, OK???

Thank you for the uppydates. :) Keep on getting better and stronger Pouncer, your direct line up to God is working...I can tell!

Hugs & Love,
Kelly :)

catmandu
03-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I think we have all had that happen.
I know I did with my Pouncer as the Vet was incredulous that I had not noticed that her paws were cold , I was busy looking for work and I had no idea that that young a Cat could be so ill.
We are praying for your Pouncer and I pray my Pouncer forgives me when we meet again.

kb2yjx
03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Please do not beat yourself up!! We all know how cats can hide how ill they are UNTIL they are really sick!!! This has happened to ALL of us, not matter how closely we keep an eye on them. It just great news to hear that you will be bringing Pouncer HOME!!! YEA!!! Prayers will continue for you both...

jenluckenbach
03-14-2007, 02:35 PM
We all know how cats can hide how ill they are UNTIL they are really sick!!!
I agree, do not blame yourself, it HAS happened to all of us, but the above statement is VERY true. I would not wait for him to become sick again to do the surgery.

doolittleky
03-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I am so glad Puncer is feeling a little better. I will continue my prayers for you both.
Melissa

CathyBogart
03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Don't beat yourself up over it. Cats are excellent at hiding their illnesses. PTers are so good at watching out for their babies...working at a clinic has shown me that Joe Public has NO IDEA that their kitty is sick until one day he can't walk, or vomits a whole bunch, or something that absolutely CANNOT be missed.

I'm so glad to hear that he's coming home, and I hope the next month goes smoothly!

kimlovescats
03-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Kim, you did nothing wrong! I'm so happy to hear that he is "out of the woods" and will be coming back home soon! :)

phesina
03-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Prayers and good, loving wishes for Pouncer are being sent..

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Priscilla, and Elmer

catnapper
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Not much to report now, but I'm checking in nonetheless.....

When I called earlier, it must have been right after shift change because the tech had no info but she said he was sitting in his litterbox watching everyone :)

The vet called hubby later and gave him the info... I bet I only got half the message :rolleyes: but I know I get to bring him home at 3:00 tomorrow and I've got meds to give. Nooooo problem since he's the EASIEST cat to medicate. He's actually FINALLY eating. It was only a little bit but at least he ate something. I get to bring him home! YIPPIE!!!!!

catnapper
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Here's a few "recent" pictures of the little sickie. They are somewhere around a month old

Classic Pouncer.... looking like he's about to cause some type of trouble
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/LittleStinker.jpg

More recent, maybe two weeks ago, of him napping on the warm shelf above the rediator. Look at him, not a care in the world. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/snooze.jpg

joycenalex
03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
happy happy news!

Catsnclay
03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Eating is a GOOD sign! :cool:

Bring him home tomorrow and shower him with love & affection!

rg_girlca
03-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh Kim, I am so happy to hear that Pouncer is starting to eat. A little bit at a time is good right now.

I bet you can't wait until you get him home tomorrow. Did the vet say when it would be good to bring him in for his surgery?

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Kim, I'm glad to hear that Pouncer is finally eating and that he gets to go home tomorrow.:) I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I also agree that you did nothing wrong. I've done the same thing with my RB Pepper and the vet also yelled at me. As others have already said cats are very good at hiding their illnesses.

jennielynn1970
03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Classic Pouncer.... looking like he's about to cause some type of trouble
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/LittleStinker.jpg

More recent, maybe two weeks ago, of him napping on the warm shelf above the rediator. Look at him, not a care in the world. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/snooze.jpg

He is just too adorable for words!!! gotta love those tabbies!! I'm so glad he's getting better!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-15-2007, 07:46 AM
OH JOY!!!

I am sooooo happy!! I had this weird feeling when I opened this thread up that there would be good news inside!!

{{KISSES}} for you Pouncer. I'm sure he will feel so much better when he is at home!! Now eat up like a good boy Pouncer!

Medusa
03-15-2007, 08:17 AM
What great news! See? Things are getting better and better! Miracles do happen. I'm happy he's feeling better and I'm happy for all of you that you can take a deep breath.

Donnaj4962
03-15-2007, 08:58 AM
YIPPEE! I am so glad that sweet Pouncer is finally eating!

And typical "man", sitting on his "throne"! :rolleyes:

I am so glad that he is better and will be coming home! Shower him with kissies from all of us!

ramanth
03-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Great news! :D

jazzcat
03-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm so glad to read he is eating and gets to come home today. Yay!!!

catnapper
03-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Two more hours til I get my boy. Goodness.... it just might be the longest two hours of my life!

Killearn Kitties
03-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm going to feel so much better when he is home. Please let us know how he is doing.

catmandu
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
The Found Cats are wondering how they can ship the beef tenderloin that they are having for dinner tonight over to Pouncer.
They will leave it for Pouncer , Mr Scrappy and Moose Angels to bring over along with thier Kitty Kissies and Head Nookies!
POUNCERS COMING HOME!!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

catnapper
03-15-2007, 02:38 PM
He's home!!!!!

My little boy looks great, but is very jumpy. Everyone's had their turn to hiss at him, and he hissed big-time back at Harry.

The first thing he did was check out the status of the litterbox. Then went on the hunt for food. When I removed the food from him, he returned to the litterbox. Then he went to visit the other litterboxes..... kinda scary to see him still literrbox juming :( I'm going to call the vet about this litterbox jumping.

He cost me a small fortune. I get paid tomorrow, and a few other bills will be put on the back burner, but he's worth the $500 I just paid.

He's on pred, clavimox and another med I never heard of, but its supposed to help with bladder contractions. They tried to give me dry SD, which he will NOT eat, so I walked out with a mere 6 days' worth of wet..... good grief what will a month or two's supply cost me?!? :eek: Wish us luck in trying to keep him away from the others while they eat. I think I'm going to just feed everyone wet food to keep it simple, but keep him isolated at mealtimes anyway so that he doesn't sneak away from his food to eat what everyone else is eating.

As I was leaving, the one vet tech told me to take good care of her buddy. She said he's the sweetest cat and bonded with him this week. :) He IS a sweet cat. He's MY sweet cat and I'm glad he's home

catfamily
03-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm happy he's in your arms today : )

What do you mean by litterbox jumping?
My Marshall does this all the time.It takes him forever to decide which box to go pee in.He's been like this forever but I hope I don't have a worry down the road.He's funny but sometimes I worry.I think he just is choosy.He always ends up going pee.He takes way to long though.Drives us bananas ;)

But so happy to hear about Pouncer baby :)

jenluckenbach
03-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Charlie wants HIS cat back! (LOL)

On second thought, you broke him. ;)

I am just so happy that he is home and feeling better. ***HAPPY DANCE***

catnapper
03-15-2007, 03:00 PM
I called the vet and she said its normal that he's doing the litterbox jumping right now. Carla, by litterbox juming I mean he tried to pee in one box, nothing comes out so he tries another. The vet asked if he's peeing in the boxes.... ummm... no, but I think its because he just had a catheter removed and nothing's in him to pee. He did drink a lot from the waterfountain. Lets hope pee comes out in half an hour or so. :)

catfamily
03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh OK...I know about catheters doing that being operated myself 6 times :eek: It does take a while to go regular.I forgot about Pouncers catheter.

catnapper
03-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Anyone want Harry? He's been tormenting Pouncer since he walked in the door. One fight was particuarly violent.

Harry's up for grabs to the first taker ;)

In other news, Pouncer's settling in quite nicely and has been drinking lots of water. I'm sure he'd eat food but I want to wait til closer to bedtime to give him his meds and food all at once. I can't tell you how gret it is to have him home. Harry on the other hand thinks it stinks Pouncer's back home :rolleyes:

catmandu
03-15-2007, 05:00 PM
That Must Be Exaspeating To Have Pouncer So Ill And For Harry To Be Chasing Him Like That.
I Guess Pouncer Will Somehow Have To Be Kept Seperated Until Hes Feeling Beter.
I Wish You Could Send Harry To A Place Where He Would Be The Boss Cat, But I Know How Much Harry Means To You.
Its Good Pouncers Home , I Pray That He Will Be Able To Recover In Peace.

catfamily
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Maybe put Harry in a seperate room for a month?So when he gets out...he's the new cat and not really in charge anymore?Just a thought.
Probably wouldn't work though.Plus working and coming home to go to each room for water changing food feeding and all that can get overwhelmingly tiring.
All our cats I think are just too spoiled! :rolleyes: :D

Catty1
03-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I wonder if they put Pouncer on amitriptyline (Elavil). It's an anti-depressant, but many people go on it to prevent bladder spasms.

Any more thoughts about trannies for Harry??? :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Kim, I'm glad that Pouncer is now home.:) I'm sorry to hear that Harry is already tormenting Pouncer.:( My Storm is also like this when one of the others comes home from the vet. He hates the vet smell and maybe this is what Harry's smelling. I hope that everything continues to go well for Pouncer and he'll remain in my thoughts and prayers.

cassiesmom
03-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh, Catnapper, I just read this whole thread, all ten pages ... talk about a roller coaster ride! When you have a second, put the bladder drug in a post and I'll look it up in my drug reference.

Pouncer, sweet. Put some urine in the box so your meowmie knows your plumbing works. I bet it feels like you have to go all the time. One of the pills your meowmie is giving you will help you with that. Have a good night, cookie.

jennielynn1970
03-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Anyone want Harry? He's been tormenting Pouncer since he walked in the door. One fight was particuarly violent.

Harry's up for grabs to the first taker ;)

In other news, Pouncer's settling in quite nicely and has been drinking lots of water. I'm sure he'd eat food but I want to wait til closer to bedtime to give him his meds and food all at once. I can't tell you how gret it is to have him home. Harry on the other hand thinks it stinks Pouncer's back home :rolleyes:

Can you "quarantine" Harry at all, let him know he's on PRIVILEGE DENIAL. What a meanie head, picking on poor Pouncer!!

momtomany
03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
One of my guys gets really, really mad when anyone goes to the vet and comes back with that vet smell. This is mister laid back cat that turns into a demon. I have found, and now do this the time, that if I sprinkle the entire brood with a little bit of baby powder, it takes care of the problem. Everyone has the same smell. I have used that when introducing newbies to the family also.

catnapper
03-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't think its the vet smell. Harry has been increasingly mean towards Pouncer, and his meanest is when Pouncer is feeling his sickest. He had been locked out of the bedroom last night, but we had locked Allen in with us since Pouncer and he cuddle. I forgot that Allen knows how to unlock the door to get out.... and thats what happened last night, Harry got in and proceeded to attack a sleeping Pouncer :mad:

Good news is Pouncer's doing GREAT. He's one HUGE lovebug and snuggle buddy. He still hasn't much of an appetite for the prescription food though. I don't think its because he doesn't want to eat, I think its because he doesn't want to eat the icky Hills SD.

Catty1
03-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Maybe mix just a bit of his favourite food in with the "icky" stuff.

Mix in some Rescue Remedy with Harry's! :p

SO glad to hear that your snugglebug is back to his loving self! WOOHOO!

Donnaj4962
03-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh my.... believe me, I understand about one kitty "attacking" another! My Sasha sits at the bottom of the stairs and waits for Tabitha to come down, then she pounces! It makes me so upset... and I haven't found anything that will stop her.

But I am glad that Pouncer is home and is being a cuddlebunny! I love that! And I know that just hearing his purrrrrr makes you smile!

Trinityagain
03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
So glad he is home and on the mend!

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the Feliway Diffusers? I know they help calm our guys a good bit...

catfamily
03-16-2007, 03:41 PM
So glad he is home and on the mend!

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the Feliway Diffusers? I know they help calm our guys a good bit...
I also believe in the feliways...I used the plug ins for years but they got too expensive.
Especially in a house..not an apartment.
You need 2-6 upstairs and 2-6 downstairs (depending the size of the house),that gets gets very expensive after awhile.
But they work.
We couldn't afford it anymore.

Catty1
03-16-2007, 05:42 PM
My method was vet -approved. Get a comfy nylon collar (I got ones with a "stretchy" bit, but Oscar hooked his lower teeth in the collar while grooming - TWICE! Thank God I was there when it happened!)

And I put a little shot of Feliway right on the collar..gently squeeze so a little bit soaks into the collar.

Once in the morning, and once at night.

Took Oscar several days to get used to me squirting the collar - now I can do it while he's eating!

My vet loved this idea and was going to pass it on to other clients of his.

Might be worth a try.

catnapper
03-16-2007, 05:50 PM
LOLOLOLOL at the collar idea. Want a funny video? I will show you how Harry gets out of 10 different collars. I have quite the collar collection in hopes Harry would be able to wear ONE of them.

jenluckenbach
03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know if you could spray a little feliway right ON the cat? Like the back of the head where it can't lick itself?

kb2yjx
03-16-2007, 05:58 PM
That is great news that Pouncer is back home!!! Is the med to relax the bladder called Probanthine?? If it is, watch out for the foamy mouth if the pill does not go right down!!!

Medusa
03-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Wow, that collar idea is great! Feliway is too expensive in a house w/7 cats but if I can do it that way, it's worth a try. If it works, I can take Specs and Yodie Yodie off the Clomicalm.

My Peeka (RB) used to stalk and attack poor Pidgie Pie all the time. Pidge lived under my bed basically for quite a while. Even after Peeka passed over, Pidge was always checking around the corner before she came out to eat or use the litterbox. Sometimes one cat just does not like another cat, just like humans.

jennielynn1970
03-16-2007, 06:05 PM
LOLOLOLOL at the collar idea. Want a funny video? I will show you how Harry gets out of 10 different collars. I have quite the collar collection in hopes Harry would be able to wear ONE of them.

What if you got more of the harness type deal?? that way, it's around the legs and all that, and a bit harder to get out of???

Catty1
03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Jen - from what I have read, Feliway is not to contact a cat's skin. I don't know if this has to do with licking it off, or if it absorbs through the skin and shouldn't.

I'll google a bit and post anything I find here.

*I'm BAAAaaack....

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/behaviortraining/a/Feliway.htm

There are two links at the bottom of this article. I HIGHLY recommend reading them as well.

Get Harry a harness. OR - if there is a place where he lies around for 3 - 4 hours, squirt the stuff on a rag and leave it beside him.

Hmmm....how long does it take Harry to get a collar off? If it had Feliway on it...he might not be so ornery! :)

Oscar's alternative to Feliway is amitriptyline (Elavil).

Good luck with Harry! And Pouncer boy!

Kirsten
03-17-2007, 01:45 PM
How's our Pouncer boy doing today?

I'm sorry that Harry is mean to him. Lily asks if Pouncer wants her to come over to put Harry in his place. She's very confident that she can do that! :)

Kirsten

catnapper
03-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Pouncer and Harry are getting along better today. but it might be because Harry can't get within 5 feet of Pouncer before we're tossing Harry out of the room :rolleyes: I locked Pouncer in my son's room last night complete with his own fresh water dish, food, and litterbox. He spent half the night trying to knock the door down. He only ate about half what I put down, which amounted to approximately 1/4 can. I called the vet and they have something else for me to pick up Monday. He only eats the SD when I sit there and hand fed him little amounts at a time. First off... this stuff smells AWFUL. Seconds off, its SQUISHY! (ooo... I am such a girl! LOL) Thirdly, it takes forever to get him to eat like this.

He's doing well this afternoon and I even spied Allen giving him a bath. We had a few visitors over this morning. They were young kids and of course they spotted him in the litterbox. They ran to him. I almst dove to stop them. Imagine me in slow motion calling out, "noooooo...... that kitty's sick!" as I dove to protect my boy from a couple of 5 year olds. Truly classic! :p But he stayed and played with the kids and the laser light.

I took a little nap this morning where I had Pouncer under the covers, Abby on top of the covers right next to him (oh my! :eek: ) and Flutter on the other side, with Nicki at my feet...... what a great life! :D

I have a ton of photos, but have to download them all - later tonight I promise.

Thank again for everyone's prayers. I was just sitting with Pouncer and he was purring his head off. I swore I'd never hear that purr ever again. My boy is back to normal.

Kirsten
03-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Kim, I'm very happy to read this update!! I bet Pouncer's purring today was the most precious sound you ever heard!!

Kirsten

kitimom
03-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Wonderful news about Pouncer!!!
Looking forward to those pix, too!!!

orangemm
03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm so glad your boy is home again, where he can recuperate with those who love him. Now if only we could get Harry to knock it off, things would be great!

It's good that Harry's calmed down a bit, though. Have you considered tranquilizers for HIM?

Come on, Pouncer, eat some more for your meowmie........ :)

catmandu
03-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I Know What You Mean Kim.
They Called Me From The Vets And Told Me The Good News About The Three Patients.
And When They Gave My Juke Joint Joseph His First Whiskas Temptations You Could Hear A Happy Cat Yowl!!!!!!!!
I Am Glad That Our Cats Are Doing Better.
Pouncer Angels Escorting Pouncer To The Big St Patricks Day Party Tonight For Corned Beef And Steak.
He Will Enjoy That.
We Are So Pleased That Hes Back Home Where He Belongs.

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Kim, I'm so glad to hear that Pouncer is continuing to do well.:) Hopefully you'll be able to find food that he'll love to eat. I also look forward to seeing new pictures of him.:)

Barbara
03-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I am so glad Pouncer is doing better- but I also would like to hear what the vet thinks it was- a bad attack of UTI only- or what is it about his liver and/or kidneys?

Does he have crystals? If he doesn't have them, then diet for UT makes no sense. Our Tigris had an attack of non-crystal UTI two years ago and has been fine since then.

If it's kidneys- most cats I've heard of here like Royal Canin Renal better than Hill's.

All the best for the sweet boy.

Medusa
03-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm so glad that Pouncer is back to normal. But if Harry gives you any more trouble, I'll send my Puddy over there. She'll straighten him out. ;)

catnapper
03-18-2007, 09:16 AM
I hope I'm doing hte right thing..... he REFUSES to eat the SD food. I even tried to force feed him the SD food. Not working, he spits it out. The vet has an alternate food that I can pick up tomorrow. He has only eaten half a can since thursday.... he's hungry but refusing to eat the prescription food. So I popped open a can of Fancy Feast (its all I have). He's downing it like a scavenger and growling at the others who are trying to jump in - usually he'd walk away and let them have it, but today he's gaurding it.

Anyway, I hope I made the right choice. I figure the wrong food is better than NO food. No food can't be good for his kidneys or anything else. I'll get the alternate food tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, he's 100% back to normal. Just hungry.

catfamily
03-18-2007, 09:35 AM
I would of done the same.
But who knows what to do next when cats are supose to eat the right food for them and they don't.

trayi52
03-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Kim, glad to hear Pouncer is doing better.

Willie :)

Taz_Zoee
03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, that is so great that Pouncer is on the right road to recovery!!
That must be such a relief for you! Now we just need to get him eating. And I know how frustrating that can be, I went through this just recently with Taz. :(
Good luck!! And I would have fed him what ever he wanted too!! :)

Glacier
03-18-2007, 12:36 PM
My vet says it is more important for Beau to eat than to force the renal diet on him. Beau doesn't eat kibble in any form. I recently got some Royal Canin Renal diet, comes in little pouches. He loves it! He won't eat S/D or K/D canned. He does really like the A/D stuff. That's what I give him when he isn't eating well. It's not meant to be a long term diet, but it is apparently very appetizing even to a sick kitty.

Beau would prefer that I fed him nothing but Petcetra's store brand canned food, the Tuna and Prawn with Rice formula only. I alternate that with the renal diet stuff. That cat eats better than I do!

Glad to hear Pouncer is feeling better.

jazzcat
03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
My vet says it is more important for Beau to eat than to force the renal diet on him.
Same here for Ripley. Right now he is loving Nutro senior can food (thank goodness it wasn't on the recall list!) mixed with his Nutro senior dry so the vet said as long as he is eating well and getting good moisture from the food to stick with that.

Kirsten
03-18-2007, 01:18 PM
I figure the wrong food is better than NO food.

I think so, too! And I hope you'll eventually find a renal diet food that Pouncer likes!

Kirsten

K & L
03-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I missed all of this but sure glad to hear he's getting better.

lisalee
03-18-2007, 07:26 PM
So glad to hear this wonderful news!! Yay Pouncer! :D