PDA

View Full Version : Switching to Canidae??

theterrierman
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Right now, Fender is on Eukanuba Med. Breed Puppy, and Stella is on Medi-Cal Hypoallergenic. Both dog foods are less than ideal, IMO, especially Stella's. After researching dog foods, Canidae seems to be the best stuff available near here without feeding raw (the parents vehemently refuse to feed raw :rolleyes: ). Just wondered if anyone had experience with it. By the way, we're considering Canidae All Life Stages. I was really impressed with the fact that Candiae doesn't try to B.S. people with "special formulations" but instead mimicking a feral-type diet. Also, would switching be a wise idea seeing as Fender is only 12-1/2 weeks old. Obviously, I'd switch him gradually.

Thanks for any opinions,

Andy

GrabaLab
03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Our k9 dogtrainer recommended canidae only. She said it has three meats and no corn in it and that alone makes it one of the best dog foods on the market. We have fed it to our lab several times and found it kept his coat healthy and shiny, and his weight stable.

Love That Collie
03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I have fed Canidae for quite a while now and am very pleased with it.
Chloe (8 months) was weaned on it at her breeders. Their coats are great, nice and shiney, less breakage, no dry or flakey skin as Collie's are often times prone to.

pessimisaurus
03-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Brock eats Canidae, I like it a lot and so does he. Each of my dogs eat a different brand though, Ive tried a number of different brands for each of them to see which they do best on (how stool smells, how loose/firm it is, how much they need to eat, etc), so it just depends on the dog.

Alki did eat Canidae also and did great on it, but because she is so active she was eating almost double the suggested amount, so I switched to a higher protein food that gave her loose stool, and then to Innova Evo which she does great on. Brock is as active, if not more so, than Alki but because of his digestive disease he cant have high protein and needs high fiber. So I tried a few foods that nearest met his needs and Canidae was the best and his fave!

Freedom
03-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Canidae is a VERY good choice!

theterrierman
03-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. He's about halfway switched from Eukanuba. That stuff was crap.