PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!!

coco-bean
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Even though i've been having little to absolutely no luck finding an apartment or town home to move into i've kinda given up hope.
But today i figured that i'd just look through the paper anyway and see what they have if anything at all.
well i found a duplex for rent that accepts pets...they requested not to be called until after 6pm. i have 1 hour of total suspense! i just wanna call them really quick and see if i can look at it!
It's alot more expensive then the place i live now but then again the place i live now i wouldnt even make someone pay that much to live here, i pay 325 right now.
This duplex is $695 (plus deposit) but its a two bedroom and im pretty sure if it's anything better then what i have no i wouldnt hesitate 2 seconds to get it. most places deposit amount is first months rent total plus first months rent. i really hope thats not the case because thats way too much to come up with. especially with corona being sick right now and all the tests that are being done.
Im sure i can try and ask my dad for a little extra, and i have about $200 saved up but thats no where near close to what im gonna need. Andy and i get paid this friday but i have a ton of other bills to pay for, im sure andy can come up with the majority but it's still alot of money up front!
I really hope deposit isnt that much and i really hope it's nice!
wish me luck, im gonna be calling real soon and go from there!!!(crossing my fingers)

wolfsoul
03-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Lucky you! I wish I could find a place that cheap that allows pets. I wish I could find a place that cheap at all lol. Around here most houses charge atleast 1500 a month for two bedrooms, and if you want pets you have to either buy a house or get someone you know to rent their house to you (which I've been lucky enough to do twice in a row!). Take that house for sure if they'll let you.

coco-bean
03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Lucky you! I wish I could find a place that cheap that allows pets. I wish I could find a place that cheap at all lol. Around here most houses charge atleast 1500 a month for two bedrooms, and if you want pets you have to either buy a house or get someone you know to rent their house to you (which I've been lucky enough to do twice in a row!). Take that house for sure if they'll let you.

where do you live? big cities always charge alot...im lucky my city isnt tooo large or anything!

wolfsoul
03-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I live in Kelowna BC. The houses here are very expensive -- most people that live here come from Alberta (where you can actually make money) so they can afford to live here. My mom's house was appraised at $500,000 even though it's only a 3 bedroom upstairs with a very unfinished basement suite. Prices here are ridiculous but people want to live here so they will pay alot.

coco-bean
03-14-2007, 08:49 PM
NO LUCK!! dang dang dang... well it wasnt that they turned me down, they just wont answer their phone or return any of my messages! I hate life sometimes!