PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Racism Claims

sparks19
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Anyone hear about this?

I will try to find a link to it. Here is a little something but not exactly what I was looking for http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17403314/ But apparently Rosie O Donnell is at it again LOL. NOW American Idol is racist AND prejudiced against "fat people".

A few years ago there was a contestant who was posing for lingerie and semi nude photos.... she was kicked off the show. Now this year Antonella had some photos that were less than becoming and she was not kicked off the show. IMO, I dont think either contestant should have been kicked off because of it.... but I can definately see the differences in the two cases.

What do you think?

I think this is an absolutely ridiculous claim and the only reason she brought it up is so she has something to complain about. She just isn't happy unless she is b*tching.

Sophist
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
From what I understand, Antonella took some naughty pics with friends. Frenchie was paid to do naughty pics for a web-site which also boasted underage content. Apparently, that is enough of a disinction for American Idol.

Who knows, really? Maybe Antonella was just honest with them about it. I know they have kicked people off of the show before for lying about crimes committed, but one contestant a while back (I wanna say it was the one named Trynese or something similar) had a big scandal about having committed a felony, and was not kicked off. The reason given then was that she had made it known on her application. That may comfort Rosie a bit, as she was African American, but if I recall correctly she was skinny. Sorry, Rosie, can't win em all.

O'Donell has one of the most jumbo-sized, generally baseless persecution complexes I have ever seen. One more reason I avoid the View.

sparks19
03-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Do you guys actually waste brain cells on stuff like this? :confused:

Well selling beads during the day isn't exactly a brain intensive job lol.

I am just sick of everyone claiming racism when life doesn't go the way they want. I am especially sick of Rosie O Donnell :D

it's not racism.... you just chose to display yourself inappropriately for money... to me... that is next to prostitution.

lizbud
03-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I deleted my post. As I don't really watch the show, I don't have an
opinion to express. It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with race.

sparks19
03-12-2007, 04:49 PM

LOL I wish you hadn't. I was going to add in response to your post....

"I think it's pretty obvious that we DO" :D

I do not think it has anything to do with race or weight either BUT apparently some people do... or want to lol

Sophist
03-12-2007, 07:19 PM

I don't watch the view, but yes, I have watched two seasons of American Idol before, and am currently watching this season.

What, you don't have any tv shows you 'waste brain cells on'? :p