PDA

View Full Version : My friend cannot gain weight, hes litterly a bag of bones! Any ideas?

king2005
03-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Hes already been to the Dr. hes on a proper diet & works out. Hes VERY healthy & muscular for his size.

Hes about 6' & weighs 125lbs :eek:

I was googling & found a study on mice & lacking ACC2.. click here (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=19220)

I don't think its a well known thing amung Dr.s But since there are ao many members here, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this, or has any tips on how to put on weight if this is the issue.

lvpets2002
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
:) WoW why could I not have this problem.. I will gladly share my fat with him.. No I dont have any ideas for him.. Does he eat alot & or just knibble at his meals..

Catty1
03-12-2007, 12:30 PM
It all depends on what his BMI is. I know you know about that. Is him BMI unhealthy?

king2005
03-12-2007, 12:30 PM
:) WoW why could I not have this problem.. I will gladly share my fat with him.. No I dont have any ideas for him.. Does he eat alot & or just knibble at his meals..

hes a bottomless pit! Hes tried those weight gaining products & nothing.

I've never seen how thin he really is, as he packs on the clothing to hid it. it bothers him a lot (wish I knew that before I called him a tooth pick)... I know hes pretty close to being a bag of bones, as I was crammed in a car with him & he was sitting on my lap & I said his butt was awefully boney *kicks self*

Catty1
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I'd say show him the article, but leave stuff between him and his doctor. How much protein is in his diet?

Karen
03-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Is this one of your housemates? Has he always been this way, or is this a fairly new phenomenom with him? Are his family members the same way? Does he drink an extra lot?

king2005
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd say show him the article, but leave stuff between him and his doctor. How much protein is in his diet?

I've already shown him the article. We've been chatting on msn for a couple hours about it. He found the article to be super interesting.

Is this one of your housemates? Has he always been this way, or is this a fairly new phenomenom with him? Are his family members the same way? Does he drink an extra lot?

Nope this is a friend of mine. He said hes always been like this. Hes tried everything, been to the Dr. health specilests & gains nothing.

He said both his parents are 300lbs+... I've never seen him drink a lot of fluids, just a normal amount...

hes not on drugs (quit pot a long time ago, hoping that would help) & isn't a big drinker.

Karen
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
If the doctor says he's okay, and he's eating healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it, frankly, just tell him the rest of the world is jealous!

king2005
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
If the doctor says he's okay, and he's eating healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it, frankly, just tell him the rest of the world is jealous!

I told him he looks good & hes healthy so thats a +... don't think it helped much, cause when he asked me to guess his weight I said 140lbs.. casue I've only seen him with a ton of baggy clothing on :rolleyes:

Karen
03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
If he's seriously worried, then perhaps he needs counseling!

lvpets2002
03-12-2007, 01:01 PM
;) Thank you & Amen to that one Karen.. I know I am jealous.. :D What I really think is this Gentleman has a Very High Rated Metabolism.. QUOTE=Karen]If the doctor says he's okay, and he's eating healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it, frankly, just tell him the rest of the world is jealous![/QUOTE]

king2005
03-12-2007, 01:13 PM
;) Thank you & Amen to that one Karen.. I know I am jealous.. :D What I really think is this Gentleman has a Very High Rated Metabolism..

Hes already done that (not sure if it was for being super thin, but I know he was depressed) & is feeling much better, but hes still a little insecure, but I don't think hes super embarassed about it. I don't think he needs more help mentally, as he was talking freely to me about it. That article helped him in a way, so he atleast has an idea why hes so thin.

Hes a super sweet guy & hes always cheery when I see him. He always has a smile on his face when he greets me, & seems happy when we're chatting or hanging out. Today was the first day he was a little negative or bummed I should say. He was bummed casue I wasn't home to go to the mall with him.

I really don't think his lack of weight bothers him a lot... I know it bothers him a little, but he seemed more bummed that he couldn't go to the mall with me.