PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

Sirrahsim
03-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Every month the CDC (Daycare) here on base does an evening parent's night out. Basically they let you bring your kids and they babysit for a full Saturday Evening. We have never done it before but REALLY want to this weekend!! Apparently it fills up VERY quickly so if you don't get there at the crack of dawn you don't get a slot :( If I had done it before I would be able to just call but since he isn't registered yet I have to actually show up at their doorstep when they open. Sooo this morning I have to run by the hopsital to get his shot records and then get to the CDC before all the other parents call and take my slot!

This Saturday morning is our 3D sonogram so this would be the PERFECT evening for my hubby and I to go out and celebrate our baby girl or boy!!

Wish me luck and green traffic lights!!

Karen
03-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Wishing you luck, green lights, and no complications!

critter crazy
03-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Good Luck! sounds Fabulous!

finn's mom
03-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Good luck!!!

Sirrahsim
03-12-2007, 08:31 AM
That was the biggest load of bologna I have ever had to deal with. We'll go out to a nice family dinner instead.

I wasn't even able to get him registered. My biggest complaint was that in the event of an emergency, they aren't willing to go to the trouble of calling our cell phone because it is long distance.
So if there is an emergency they would rather call a perfect stranger like my husband's commander who doesn't know us or our child rather than go to the trouble of making a long distance call.
If they aren't willing to contact ME in an emergency then I am not willing to leave my child with them. I guess they don't want our money that badly.

It wouldn't have been such a big deal if they hadn't been so snotty and unwilling to help me at all. When I asked them what my options were they said that I could use my husband's commander but when I asked if I could use their phone to get the commander's number they wouldn't even let me use the phone. It was utterly ridiculous...

Cataholic
03-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Frankly, I wouldn't leave my child with a perfect stranger(s) even if they HAD agreed to call my long distance cell phone number. :(

No evening would be relaxing for me not knowing the people he was with. :o

Sirrahsim
03-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Frankly, I wouldn't leave my child with a perfect stranger(s) even if they HAD agreed to call my long distance cell phone number. :(
No evening would be relaxing for me not knowing the people he was with. :o

I REALLY liked the people at the CDC in Japan. They were very polite and friendly and helpful. Tyler felt instantly at ease with them so I did as well. I took him there on several occasions so that I could go to the gym or run errands. It seems completely different here :(

finn's mom
03-12-2007, 09:11 AM
That's awful. I hate when you hear that a daycare facility is full of nothing but rude, snotty people. People who care for children should be some of the most compassionate. I feel badly for the kids that have to be there.