PDA

View Full Version : Is your cat scared of the dishwasher??

yumyum6970
07-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Last night I ran our dishwasher for the first time in our new home. Our last place did not have a dishwasher so YumYum has never heard a dishwasher till last night. She wasn't quite sure what to think about it. When I started the dishwasher she was startled by the noise it was making and started in attack mode. Needless to say when the dishwasher is running she doesn't go in the kitchen. :)

Former User
07-02-2002, 10:14 AM
Awww, poor Yum Yum! I can't relate, as I am the dishwasher of our family :rolleyes:

07-02-2002, 10:18 AM
Sydney doesn't care ... . He is usely in the livingroom , napping , so , if he could talk , he would most certainly say :"A dizwashzer , waz iz tat ?" ???

Randi
07-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
I can't relate, as I am the dishwasher of our family :rolleyes:
I am too and I don't really want one, but if I had, I'm sure Fister wouldn't like it! :eek:

Mollie's Mommy
07-02-2002, 11:44 AM
The first time the dishwasher in our new home was run, my kitty was just passing by as it made it's "noise". He wasn't too happy and did start to attack at it, but that just prooved to make him madder because he couldn't make the noise stop. He has finally gotten used to it... although I don't know what to even hope for with our new kitten!

KatGurl
07-02-2002, 11:50 AM
The first time the dishwasher in our new home was run, my kitty was just passing by as it made it's "noise". She wasn't too happy and did start to attack at it, but that just prooved to make her madder because she couldn't make the noise stop. She has finally gotten used to it![/QUOTE]

Our family cat is usually outside, but that doesn't stop me from bringing her in as much as possible! Only when "daddy" is around does she not come in. Although my story is not as dramatic as Mollie's Mommy's is, my darling still does not particularly care for the dishwasher!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-02-2002, 12:08 PM
My two looove the dishwasher!! When I am loading it they get on the door and sniff and look in it ... and they don't really pay it any attention when it is running ...:rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
07-03-2002, 01:13 AM
Mine don't seem to mind the sound of the dishwasher but they sure hate the vaccuum cleaner. :)