PDA

View Full Version : Where Do Your Dogs Sleep

MS_PAWS
03-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm curious where do you keep your dogs? Misty & Lacey has always slept inside. I don't like the idea of keeping them outside

GrabaLab
03-11-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm curious where do you keep your dogs? Misty & Lacey has always slept inside. I don't like the idea of keeping them outside

Our dogs all sleep inside. One sleeps at the foot of our bed on a dog bed covered-up with a blanket, one sleeps in the closet on a large thick dog bed pillow, and one sleeps with us.

Taz_Zoee
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Since Zoee is an indoor only dog, she sleeps with us. Usually right between us all stretched out on her back.
DJ was an outdoor/garage dog and Bruce swears that is what killed him. So Zoee reaps the benefits of that and only has to go outside to potty, or to chase the birds and squirrels. :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Tango sleeps in my bedroom, either on my bed or hers. She usually spends half the night on mine and then moves to hers. The others sleep in my mom's bedroom with her.

critter crazy
03-11-2007, 11:52 PM
My boys are totally indoor dogs! Wouldnt have it any other way! They both have their own beds! I cant have them in bed, cause well there wouldnt be any room for me or hubby!:D But when hubby isnt around, they do get to sleep with me, they are my protectors, from the boogey man!:D

MS_PAWS
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
That's so sweet you guys! :)

BCollie_Kelly
03-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Rebel sleeps on my bed with me for most of the night, and Riley sleeps either in her crate (its open, she just goes in and out as she pleases) or somewhere in my room.

cloverfdx
03-12-2007, 07:21 AM
If it is hot they sleep in the back sunroom with the backdoor open but the security door shut. But now that it is getting cold at night (Yay for Autumn) they are back to sleeping in my room, Clover & Harri in bed with me. Tinny and Elvis on their own beds on the floor...unless they decide to hop into the 'big bed' too ;).

Freedom
03-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Sugar is an indoor dog, and she sleeps on my bed.

When she first arrived, she slept at the top of the bed, on a pillow, next to my head (when I could get her OFF of my head. :rolleyes: ) As time went by and she became more settled, she was happy to sleep at about my shoulder level.

Now she is quite at home and sleeps down at the foot of the bed. On one foot. Cuddles is always on the other foot. I mostly have to wake up to turn over! But I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Twisterdog
03-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Keito sleeps in our room, on his dog bed.

Lucky sleeps with my son, in his bed with him. :rolleyes:

Dante sleeps in my step-son's room, in his crate.

Pepper and Georgie sleep in their crates, in the laundry room. Their choice, the crates have no doors.

Vanilla, Rosie and Queenie sleep on their dog beds in the hallway.

Toby's my baby
03-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I know, most people don't agree with this AT ALL, but Maggie always sleeps outside unless it is really cold out. Boo boo sleeps in the house, in the living room in his dog bed. Autumn usually sleeps inside in the late fall/winter/early spring, and outside all summer. Autumn and Maggie hate being in the house unless it is freezing. I'm not sure why they don't like to be in here, but they beg to go out constantly, so if that's what makes them happy, I guess I'm going to give it to them. They have HUGE dog houses. They are about four feet tall and about 5 feet long. They have two rooms, the front room is glass and they have food in there, and then the back room is supposed to be where they sleep. They usually end up sleeping together in one dog house though. :o

luvofallhorses
03-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Inside and I wouldn't have it any other way plus they are all inside dogs. :D and again.. I wouldn't have it any other way! :) and they all are allowed to sleep where they want. :D

chocolatepuppy
03-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Layla sleeps on the bed. Lacey sleeps on her orthopedic bed. ;) Lacey isn't allowed to jump on the bed due to her knee surgeries.

labmomma
03-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Both of The Boyz sleep in their crates at night in the sun room. It's kept cool in the summer and comfortable in the winter. It works out well for all involved and sometimes, during the day, they'll take a nap in them on their own.
Labmomma X 2 :)

Love That Collie
03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Bailey and Chloe both sleep inside at the foot of my bed on the carpeted floor.

Chloe (8 months) is still sometimes crated at night because sometimes she
wakes me up with nudges at 2 or 3am with her "woobie" hanging out of her mouth wanting me to throw it. :rolleyes: I nearly fell asleep at work one day. When I do let her sleep outside of her crate, the door is open and often times I find her in the crate when I wake up in the morning. I never did have a dog that ever slept on a dog bed per se, never could get one to sleep on one. :confused:

M&M's Mommy
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ca_dao/TiredMuffin.jpg
During the day, Muffin sleeps on her little bed placed in the kitchen area. At night, she sleeps on the sofa placed in our bedroom.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ca_dao/Allthreesleeping2.jpg
At night Missy & Mocha sleep on these two chairs placed next our bed. During the day, they sleep in the kitchen area on another beds that look like Muffin's.

But I often find them like this..
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ca_dao/Loveis.jpg

Sophist
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
They all sleep in my room at night.

Keisha has a bed on the floor next to my side of the bed.

The beagles have a large crate with two beds inside. The door to the crate is usually left open now that they are both pretty well past any chewing and potty-training issues.

animal_rescue
03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Maggie sleeps on my bed at night.
Emmy sometimes sleeps with me or either on the dog bed in the dining room or a kitchen chair. :rolleyes:
Roxie usually sleeps in her crate, in my room, very rarely do I let her sleep with me though.
Marty and Alex share a crate at night.
Cocoa either sleeps with me or in his crate in the dining room.

Kalei
03-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't have a dog, but when I did a long time ago, the dog slept on my bed or my sister's bed:)

Kfamr
03-12-2007, 09:39 PM
3/4 of the dogs sleep in my room - either in the doggie bunkbeds or in my bed.

Simba sleeps with my parents by choice. He switches from the bed and the floor next to my dad.

Nobas Mom
03-12-2007, 09:48 PM
The crazy hound of mine, Noba, sleeps curled up on the pillow beside me. :D

Danegirl2208
03-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Chloe is either with me or crated, Malakai has free roam of the house at night most of the time, but is sometimes crated....:)

lute
03-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Beanie sleeps in either my parents' room or my brother's room.

Gracie sleeps in her crate in the dog room. Right now she sleeps in a crate stacked on top of Bruce's crate in the dog room. She LOVES being in a top crate.

Charlie sleeps in his crate in the dog room.

cali
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Happy, Misty, Electra and Rusty all leep on my bed with me

Perky, Ripley, and Blair all sleep in my moms room, Perky and Ripley on her bed and Blair on the floor.

dukedogsmom
03-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Dasher sleeps in the bed for the most part. Sometimes he'll sleep in the floor. I discovered the other day that he also eats his Milkbones in the bed. I wondered where those crumbs had come from.

anna_66
03-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Pretty much where ever they want.

The picture below is where you'll normally find them sleeping, but they also come into the bedroom with us. Either beside the bed, or if Mark has left for work on the bed.

AllAmericanPUP
03-14-2007, 08:58 AM
we have to rotate every night as to who gets to sleep out of their crates because Eli doesnt get along with Sheeba and Keesha

when Eli sleeps out he tends to sleep in the bed with me
when Sheeba and Keesha sleep out, Sheeba sleeps with me and Keesha usually sleeps in a dark corner or somewhere else creepy..she's a strange lil dog lol

dab_20
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Molli sleeps at the end of my bed. Sam sleeps in his crate... sometimes with my dad.

Glacier
03-14-2007, 05:29 PM
In a wide variety of places...in crates, in the shop, outside, on the couch, in a closet(has no door, Hobo likes it in there), on my bed, on the spare bed, on one of the multiple dog beds around the house, in a papasan chair, occasionally even on a cat bed!

3GSDMom
03-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Katy and Travis are in my room with me. Katy will sleep on my bed, the floor or sometimes she kicks Travis off of his bed. Travis will sleep on my bed, the floor or his bed.

Miles sleeps in my brothers room on my brothers bed.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-14-2007, 11:10 PM
My dogs all sleep in their crates. It's the only way Justin and I will get any sleep. They all like their crates though.

wolf_Q
03-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Nebo and Keva sleep in my room. Nebo has his choice of my bed or the floor, whatever he prefers. Usually he sleeps on my bed when its cold, but he prefers the floor if its hot. Keva sleeps in a big crate with a dog bed in it by the end of my bed. Sydney sleeps in her new dog bed in my parents room.

mr.chiwawa
03-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Mister sleeps inside.In our area NO dogs are allowed out aftet 10 pm unless leashed to go potty due to Fishers cats they are worst then anything else. Anyway Mister sleeps in bed with me either in his donut bed on my bed under the comforter OR on the temperpedic pillow next to me. :rolleyes:

lizbud
03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
My dogs sleep pretty much any where they want except outside. Usually
they sleep in my room ,either on the bed or on a dog bed on the floor.