PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mindy

Stenograsaurus
07-02-2002, 08:42 AM
This is such a sad story. It also seems a little long. My mom's neighbor has three dogs. They are outside dogs. They have two kennels. Two dogs (mother, Mindy, and daugher, ?) are in one and Chelsey is in the other one. Mindy had something wrong with her ear. It sounded like an ear infection. When they took her to the Vet, the Vet told them if she did not get the medicine that she would die. The husband wanted the Vet to put Mindy down then but the wife said no. They brought the med and Mindy home. They tried to put the med in her ear but she wouldn't let them. She bit them (imagine that, a dog that's kept outside with no human contact not letting someone hold them down to put medicine in their ear):rolleyes: So after four times they stopped. Well, the other day my brother and nephew were in my mom's back yard and they said, boy, something stinks. They said something to the neighbor (husband). He said, it smells like something died. He looked in the kennels and noticed two dogs. So he looked around until he found Minday laying in the weeds. (Yep, he didn't weedeat the weeds either.) They were very high and she was laying in the middle of them, obviously there for a little while. The husband looked at my brother and said, well, one down, two to go. :mad: I said to my mom, they didn't notice when they fed the dogs that one was missing? She said they have those big automatic feeders that holds 50 pounds of dog food so they only have to feed them once a month. And they have the water set up so that they can fill up the water bowls from outside, so they don't even have to go in the kennels with them anymore. :mad: :(
I feel so bad that this dog had to die over something so stupid. My mom said that she had seen the wife crying a couple of times. I just rolled my eyes and said, yeah, she really cared. So while I know that Mindy is better off and in a much better place, I feel so bad for the other two dogs that are still there. I hope that they aren't subject to the same fate. :(

ramanth
07-02-2002, 08:57 AM
How horrible!!!!

:( :( RIP Mindy.

And the sad thing is since they have food, water, and shelter.... Animal Control won't do anything.

So very sad....

pupper-lover
07-02-2002, 09:00 AM
Poor Mindy!:( At least, she is now in a place where she is peaceful, loved, and respected for the sweet beautiful creature that she is.

So many sad stories these days. :(

anna_66
07-02-2002, 09:03 AM
http://www.plaudersmilies.de/pissed.gifIt just burns me up that people could be like that! Why in the world own dogs if your not going to be with them? What's the point?
Sad to say, but I'm glad she's gone from such a cruel world, she's in a much better place now.

zippy-kat
07-02-2002, 10:20 AM
kinda makes ya wonder how he treats his wife!

Poor Mindy! :(

lovemymaltese
07-02-2002, 12:17 PM
That's aweful!

Sudilar
07-02-2002, 01:15 PM
That makes me sick!!! That poor innocent. My heart is breaking for those dogs.

PetsRule
07-02-2002, 03:16 PM
I can't believe anyone could be so mean so stupid!!! That makes me sooooooooo mad! I cannot explain how mad that makes me feel! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PetsRule
07-02-2002, 03:18 PM
I can't believe anyone could be so mean so stupid!!! That makes me sooooooooo mad! I cannot explain how mad that makes me feel! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: At least Mindy is a 100% better place.

PetsRule
07-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Whoops!!:o

Aspen and Misty
07-02-2002, 03:21 PM
That makes me so mad to! I cna't even beleave that. Some people!

TopSpoT
07-02-2002, 03:28 PM
That is very very sad. Those people should not be able to own dogs at all. The wife should stand up to the husband and really take care of those dogs if she cared at all. How horrible. Mindy is at the bridge waiting for all of those who cared for her.

Cincy'sMom
07-02-2002, 03:38 PM
That is so sad!! Poor Mindy is much happier now I'm sure. Can anything be done for the other dogs? I mean I guess as long as they are fed and not diseased animal control can't do much, but it seems like there should be some way to help them

Stenograsaurus
07-03-2002, 11:29 AM
So far all their "needs" are being met so there's nothing that can be done. Basically their needs are food, water and shelter. I told my mom to keep an eye out and if anything happens medically and they are not following through, to let me know as soon as possible. I will call to see if they can be removed since they are not being treated. I wish I had known they were denying Mindy medical treatment before she died. It's a shame.

About the wife standing up to the husband. She gets whatever her little heart asks for. If she really cared for the dogs, she would have done something about it. She would have changed it. I think the crying was guilt. I sure hope she feels guilty. They both should.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-03-2002, 11:33 AM
Poor Mindy. I agree she is in a better place now. I think that animals who go to the Rainbow Bridge who were unloved and unwanted are given to children who were unloved and unwanted while on earth. With guidance from angels, they love and heal each other then move on to heaven together. I really hope so anyway!

Stenograsaurus
07-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Poor Mindy. I agree she is in a better place now. I think that animals who go to the Rainbow Bridge who were unloved and unwanted are given to children who were unloved and unwanted while on earth. With guidance from angels, they love and heal each other then move on to heaven together. I really hope so anyway!

That is such a precious thought. I hope it's true. God knows they could relate to each other.

tatsxxx11
07-04-2002, 08:14 AM
How unbelievably cruel, sickening, heartbreaking and senseless:(:(:( As if the cruel, intentional neglect was not bad enough, allowing a living, sentient being to be subjected to such indignity in death is absolutely UNFORGIVEABLE. People such as these should be prosecuted for animal cruelty and NEVER, EVER be allowed to have a family pet, EVER.:mad: :mad: :mad: Or children!!!!! I couldn't finish reading the post. Oh dear Mindy girl, I know you are in a much better place now, sweet one. Bless you precious baby. You are finally free, free, free of those horrible humans!!!!!!