PDA

View Full Version : Urination problems...an article I found

catfamily
03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8407484&dopt=Abstract

I thought this was a great article.

It says how busipirone is much better than valium(diazepam) for urine problems in cats.
I never used valium and cringe at the thought of using it on a cat for pee problems because of the many side affects.Even when using a quarter tablet of the 5 milligram.I still don't like the idea of using it.
This drug is said to be better...although my vet has me (just started)using megestrol acetate for Benson.I may ask him about this.I looked up what the vet gave me and am unsure about it.(but I like to follow the vets orders.They do know better.They work hard to get a degree for it.So we'll work together.

Benson and his brother both had pee bahavior issues BEFORE they came to my home...so I think they had it since they were kittens.
Benson is a high strung cat but super loveable and really loves us and the other cats...so we'll work with the vet to get his pee issue all fixed :)

catnapper
03-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for this article. I'll be mentioning some things to my vet tomorrow. As we all kow, Pouncer's been on valium for a long time now and its obviously no longer working :(

kimlovescats
03-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I sure hope that the vets can help both Benson and Pouncer! ;)

catfamily
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Catnapper...I hope your vet considers busipirone instead.I wish I read this article the other day...I think I'd rather see Benson on the busipirone..than the drug he gave me(megestrol acetate).I looked it up and don't like what it says about it.
i'm calling him tomorrow to mention the Busipirone.

catmandu
03-11-2007, 05:29 PM
We Too Are Sending Found Cat Rayers For Out Cat Friends That The White Coats Can Help Them Be All Well And Healthy Again.