PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do this?? (dog related)*update/good news*

emilysgk
03-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Sorry to post dog info in the cat section... but I feel you guys are my friends and I never really been to the dog area.

I rescued a Pug today.... *sigh*

am really thinking this is what im supposed to do with my life.. I just dont have the money or home to do it. I have went to great lengths in the past to save or at least get out of bad situations. I have rescued countless critters already. I done it again. Its not going so well, but I will manage until I can get her placed. I just send a message to the Pug rescue.

Emma is 9yrs old. She spent her whole life being pampered and spoiled rotten. About a year ago her owners got a new dog (American Bulldog) Well they got along at first. But in time they didnt. So what do they do? They put Emma out back in a muddy cage and forget about her. Can you imagine? I just got her. My cat who normally is ok with dogs is going psyco and trying to attack her. (Because of the kittens) The dog tries to ignore and get away from the cat. Anyways, I am afraid for Emma's health. She acts fine, dont look too bad. Her eyes are bright, though getting white. Color is well. (gums and such) But she has a couple small bald patches, could be a number of things. She has missing teeth and the rest have major tarter build up. Then there is her belly. Thats the concern. I can hope she has worms, but I dont know. Her belly is hard and her chest seems a bit distended. Yet her spine and hips are esily felt. I rescued a dog like this once and it was heartworms. She made it through treatment. (she was sent to the Fenchie rescue) Im not sure, but think this may be what Emma has. She has also drank 3-4 bowls of water already. She dont appear dehydrated at all though. I need to get her to them soon. I have no money but she needs a doc badly.

WHY do people do this? She is a perfect sweet dog. Pugs have a long life and she does (or had??) Many years ahead of her. :mad: I seen this dog a few years ago, so health happy and loved... how could you spoil an animal for so long and just toss them for something new?!?!?!?

Danegirl2208
03-11-2007, 12:15 AM
oh poor girl! :( I will never understand people like this honestly..people who think of a dog (or any animal for that matter) as a throw away object..its sad..and bless you for taking her in..the rescues are usually quick to reply, hopefully they will be able to take her in, and she can get much needed veterinary care..im no canine medical expert, but she does not sound too good...I wish i could help you out more, if you post this in dog general i am sure someone will be able to give you better advice... keep us updated

jennielynn1970
03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Awe, that poor girl! And I suppose the family doesn't even care that she's gone. Do you have any pics of her??

Kalei
03-11-2007, 01:14 AM
That is horrific! I love pugs, they are so cute. I can't believe some people can call themselves humans, its too cruel. Please keep up updated on how the little girl is doing. I don't know what to say about a doc, is there any way that a doc can come and help her and then you pay them back later?

I hope someone can help poor little Emma, and you have already helped her so much just by taking her in, thank you for doing that:)

Excaliburk9
03-11-2007, 03:04 AM
I have rescued several GSDs, about 8 in all, and it all comes down to people get bored or they are plain just stupid. :mad: I am so glad your there, and fighting to save one more life. I have a freind who adopted a GSD from me that I was fostering and now she has gone full circle and fostered a 10 montho old GSD that was being kept in a Garage all the time. He now has a new home and daddy that is a trucker and going to take him every where with him!

Kat :D

ShylanHal
03-11-2007, 03:24 AM
Maybe you should try to get a job at the ASPCA, eh? I've heard they love people who want to help animals, and then you'd have the money to do it, too!

More on topic now, I think it's stupid that people are like that, how they love their pet til they get a replacement, and then its to the doghouse... literally. Or to the pound, or "Oh, we so hate to do this, but we gotta put him down for no good reason at all".

I have two babies, and you don't see me loving either of them any less. And there are plenty of people on here with twenty! or at least five or something.. and they're all the babies of the family. So why can't everyone else see that? They wouldn't do it to their own children, would they?
"Oh, I'm sorry Bobby, I now have a younger, cuter child, so I'm gonna throw you outside because I love this one more." or "I'm sorry doctor, but I don't want my son anymore, you can put him down now."

It irks me SO MUCH!

And I would help you, if I had any money myself >< But I'm broke, don't even have a job. Arrgh stupid high school!
Aaaanyway... I hope the girl gets all the help she needs, and there seems to be a lot of it! Heres to hoping many a miracle comes your way in your selfless acts of kindness to creatures less fortunate!

Freedom
03-11-2007, 08:18 AM
She is lucky to have you enter her life.

catmandu
03-11-2007, 08:23 AM
There Are So Many People Who Will Get Pets And As Long As The Pets Are Healthy And Dont Cause Damage Things Are Fine.
But Once They Get Old Or Ill Then Its Time To Get Shed Of Them And I Am Betting That The New Dog Will Eventually Suffer That Fate Too , Once That Family Loses Interest.
I Hope You Can Help This Poor Pug Who Must Be Wondering Why Her People Who Once Treasured Her Dont Love Her Anymore.

elizabethann
03-11-2007, 10:51 AM
You may want to contact Vermont's Green Mountain Pug Rescue. Sometimes they will take in Pugs (even if they live far away).

Pugs are the sweetest dogs. I can't imagine who wouldn't want one. If I could have 2 dogs, I would adopt your Pug in a heartbeat!

Good luck.

Medusa
03-11-2007, 10:54 AM
It's been my experience that people want puppies and kittens, not dogs and cats. When their pet grows up, they get bored. I know a man who likes babies, not kids. When his kids get older, he gets bored and wants his wife to get pregnant again! :mad: I feel so bad for this little guy. I just love pugs. If you post on the Dog section, those PTers can probably help you. Here's wishing you success and bless you for taking him in. At least he'll get to know some human kindness and love.

Blessings,
Mary

emilysgk
03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
After speaking with a unhlepful rescue :confused: They had no room and offered no options... Unusual. I got ahold of a diffrent one who was also full, but they offered other options and spoke with others and it took no time to find her a place. the woman actually lives right near by. She also said that she knows of another person in the group that is looking for a black pug, so just maybe she will get a perfect home pretty quickly. She is going to come pick her up tomorrow at noon. Im happy and relieved. After talking to the first person I was thinking I would have to find her a home. I know I could do that, but I dont have the means to screen people like they do. She needs to go see the vet and have someone who will continue proper care so she lives a full life. She is 9 and pugs easily live to be up to 14-15 and some even longer. But of course that would be with proper care. I want that for her. So it will be a happy ending it seems. :)

Medusa
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Thank goodness! I was wondering what would become of this sweet li'l Pug. Thank you so much for taking care of him til he can find a good home.