PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Help Needed - My Three and I need help :(

NoahsMommy
03-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey everyone!!

I've missed you all!!! I've been lurking here and there, but not usually posting, because of all that's been going on with me and my situation. Which...is actually what this thread is about.

For those that don't know...I'm going through a divorce and had to move back home with my mom and step-dad. Unfortunately, my cats are not welcome here - and never will be, no matter what I do, no matter what ANYONE does. I've been told that if I even try bringing one into their home (garage, back yard, etc.) I'd be living in my car.

The reason I'm living with my parents is because I have a chronic illness that has tried very, very hard to destroy my life. I'm only 28 and refuse to allow that to happen.

In the mean time, I have three innocent cats that are victims of MY circumstance. I've placed Jonah and Micah - both going to live with their Auntie CiCi, so at least that's positive.

I have tried EVERYTHING I know to do. I've asked everyone I know in person - at work, school, church, my mom's work, family. I've asked my parents to put the word out, friends to put the word out. I've created posters and emailed them to every person in California that I know to post in their workplaces, schools, coffee houses, churches, ect. I haven't had ONE call!!

The only "bite" I got was someone at my mom's work who had 3 children. At first it sounded pretty good because my mom said this woman was very respectable - she got the feeling her kids would be polite, etc. Then...the woman told my mom that, "my kids aren't sure if they want cats in our house". Um, no!!! I told mom to LOSE her number and tell her thanks, but no thanks.

So, I come to you, my PT family for advice. What do I do?? Did I mention that I have to have Phoebe & Basie (who are at my "friend" Carol's house in her garage in a very large kennel) and Noah (living with David, my soon to be ex-husband) out by the end of this month???

CiCi cannot take anymore - not even just to give me more time and Carol reminds me of my March 31st deadline/pickup date almost daily now. (hence the "friend" above) All my other friends/family either can't have cats/animals because of lease issues, allergy issues (like, as in throat closing and dying, not just the sniffles) or because they have large dogs.

I just don't know what to do. I can't get all emotional, it wont help, I have to figure this out, but I need help. Based on my financial situation (thanks, David!!!!) I know I'll be at mom's house for about a year, at the most. Then I'll be able to take them all back and put all this behind us.

Anyway, I only have until the end of this month because David is losing his jov in June and his lease is up this month. He's moving in with his friends for a few months and he can't take Noah, he's already having to rehome Hermione (to his sister) and Noel (to his parents - this really makes me uncomfortable, his parents are nice and all, but they don't view animal care like we do. :( )

Here are the specifics:

Phoebe:

3 1/2 years old (DOB: 07/25/03)
Weighs approximately 8 pounds
Very gentle, sweet, well behaved
Only shy/stand-offish when you FIRST meet her, then, you become apart of her world.
Is polydactyl - need to trim a tiny, curved nail in between her toesies weekly
Has a rare eye condition that she's adapted to and is growing out of. (YAY!!) Need to keep saline eyes drops on hand just to keep her eyes moistened.
VERY good at using the litter box
Here's a picture...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Phoebe.jpg?t=1173503768

Basil

Will be 5 years old on May 29
Weighs approximately 9 - 10 pounds
Very gentle, sweet, a sucker for bellyrubs and attention
When first meeting, he's shy, but once he gets to know people, he's like velcro!
Is healthy outside of his kitty allergies/asthma, which we think may be seasonal and/or due to litter dust. He acts as though he's been beaten after you pill him with antihistamines, but they help.
Fabulous at using the litter box
Here he is...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Basie.jpg?t=1173503904

Noah

Will be 6 years old on May 12
Weighs approximately 16 - 18 pounds (He's a Maine Coon Mix)
With the right person, Noah is very gentle, sweet and a huge sucker for bellyrubs, being brushed with hooman hair brushes and extra love.
Noah is going to be VERY HARD. Something - we have no idea what, happened and then one day, when people would come over, he'd act like he'd REALLY WANT them to pet him and give him love - and when they would respond to him, he would either hiss/growl or even lunge!! :eek:
We figured out that if ignored, no matter what he does to get the attention, Noah returns to the Noah we (David and I) raised and everything is fine - you can even pet him!
Noah is a healthy boy! The only "issues" he has is his fur. He has a very thick undercoat that matts very easily. Brushing helps a lot.
And here he is...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/kellyeverett/Noah-1.jpg?t=1173503997

I cannot tell you how much my heart aches for my life to return back to normal...to where it belongs.

I really, really, really need some help. If anyone knows anyone at all with a spare room that is willing to help me, I’ll be forever grateful. Seriously, PT is my very last hope. I’ve asked everyone I know – and I only found CiCi and Phil to help. I will provide everything needed, accept for the living space (meaning WHERE they will live until we can be reunited), food, beds, toys, vet costs, etc.

Anyone with any ideas can PM or email me at [email protected]

Thank you, thank you a hundred THANK YOUs for even reading my thread. If you know ANYONE that has a spot – please think of my three. You all know all that’s been going on with me in the past few years, its pretty much sucked – but what has enabled me to get through all the crappy parts is knowing my PT friends care about me and pray for me (even when I’m gone for a while because I just don’t like constantly bringing people down), the others are my sweet fur angels. I hope that when God sent them to me, He meant to send them to me for the duration. I really, really, really need them and while right now they deserve so much better, I’d like to think they’re willing to stick it out until everything gets settled. Oh how my heart aches for them. :(

Love, Kelly

DrKym
03-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Kelly, I am so sorry to hear things are not good for you still :(

I wish I could help, but other than my prayers and hugs I cannot. I am certain that with PT prayers and all of us putting our heads and paws together, we can come up with a solution.

Taz_Zoee
03-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello Kelly,
I have sent you a PM. I am hoping I might be able to help, depending on where you are. :)

shais_mom
03-09-2007, 11:37 PM
I am not in the position to help sweetie but I do want you to know I'm thinking and praying for you..

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Kelly, I wish I lived in a much larger place so I could help but I don't.:( Hopefully you'll be able to find a temporary place for all of them. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

jenluckenbach
03-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Kelly, how heartbreaking for you. :( Prayers that some PTer's can foster, as you say, it only takes one room to temporarily house a cat (or two).
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Freedom
03-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Hello Kelly,
I have sent you a PM. I am hoping I might be able to help, depending on where you are. :)

Yes, knowing which part of California would be a help.

Have you asked your vet? Sometimes the vet assistants are willing to lend a hand; you just let the vet know the situation.

I am too far away to be of help, but let us know where in CA, if Taz Zoe can't take all of them!

smokey the elder
03-10-2007, 08:09 AM
I wish I could help, but I'm on the wrong coast. :( Hugs and good luck, though.

shais_mom
03-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, knowing which part of California would be a help.

I hope no one gets mad for me answering this but I don't know when Kelly will be back online.
Kelly lives in the Simi Valley area and the cats are within an hour or so of there. I think... :)
I answered for Kelly one time when she was in the hospital and got accused of ruining a thread - but Kelly is a dear friends of mine I have stayed at her house when she was on her own, so I am a bit protective. ;)
Her cats are simply precious.
Even No-NOah with his weird issue curled up and slept with me the first nite I was there. :) I know they desperately miss their mommy.

Taz_Zoee
03-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I kind of figured out where she lives and it's over 5 hours away from me. I'm not sure if she'd want any of them that far away from her. She hasn't answered my PM's yet.
I hope she figures something out for them.

shais_mom
03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I kind of figured out where she lives and it's over 5 hours away from me. I'm not sure if she'd want any of them that far away from her. She hasn't answered my PM's yet.
I hope she figures something out for them.
of course I can't answer for her but I will tell you that she is taking a CPR class today from 1:30pm to 5:30pm (CA time)
if you want her cell number - PM me and I'll give it to you.

rg_girlca
03-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh Kelly, I have been wondering how you have been. I am so sorry to hear that you also have to place your babies. What a horrible situation to be in. I can't even imagine how this must be for you. It saddens me that with all the people you have asked to help you out, hardly anyone has stepped up to do so.

I am also to far away to help :( but I will be sending big time Prayers your way that everything will turn out for you and your babies in the end.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} dear girl.

Kirsten
03-10-2007, 02:29 PM
OMG, I'm so sorry! I was wondering how you were doing, and I'm heartbroken to read this update. I wish there was anything I could do to help. :( I'll keep you and your poor kitties in my thoughts and hope that a miracle will happen to make the circumstances of your life easier.

(((HUGS)))
Kirsten

moosmom
03-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh Kelly,

I am SO sorry you have to deal with such heartbreak. You've been through so much. Your kitties are gorgeous!! Noah tugged at my heart strings. If there is anyway you can get him to me, I'd be glad to foster him till you can find a place. I know it's a longshot honey, but it's the best I can do.

I'm thinking of you sweetheart. You and your furkids will be in my thoughts and prayers. And please, if there's ANY way you can get him to me, I'll be more than happy to help anyway I can. If you want, I can contact my friend, Carolyn, the president of the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue Network.
She might know of someone in your area who can take Noah. Let me know.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

ShylanHal
03-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm just a state away, and if it weren't for my dad being a butt-muncher and not letting me take in another cat, I would have been so happy to help you! Buuut... I've still got to find a job, and graduate high school, etc before I could have any power at all to help you out.

I'm so sorry this is happening! I dont' know what I'd do if I ever lost my babies.

catmandu
03-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Kelly If I Was Closer Those Three Cats Would Be In The Found Paradise Hotel Suite For Visitors In A New York Minute.
I Have Had Cats Here When My Friend Has Neede Them Boarded , Sometimes 8 Cats At A Time.
I Pray That Someone Will Offer Them Shelter Until You Can Get Things Straightened Around.

NoahsMommy
03-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Thank you so much for all your responses...prayers and offers alike! :)

Donna, I'm willing to drive anywhere...its just getting my parents to see the benefit of me doing so. I'm going to PM you.

At this point, I'll take them ANYWHERE to be fostered. My only other option is the shelter... :( :( :( Ugh, I can't even think that, I have to stay positive. I can't loose my cats - I know you all understand that. Thank you for being here and understanding how important this is. ((((((everyone)))))

About Noah. Stace is right...once he gets used to a person/people, he's FINE. Its just that it may take me being there to get him to that point. I have some free time these next few weeks, so I can do this.

Everyone, I'm in Simi Valley, which is considered Southern California. I'm above Los Angeles and Orange County...my county (Ventura) is up against LA County. (btw, THANK YOU STACE for answering for me while I was away. Some horrible things happened Friday and then I was at school yesturday and then felt really ill the rest of the day so I spent most of that time in bed studying.)

If anyone needs any other info, let me know. :)

moosmom
03-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Kelly,

I emailed my friend Carolyn from the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue Network. I told her the situation and where you're located. I'm sure if a home, temporary or otherwise, is out there, she can find it. I've PM'd you with my cellphone. Call me when tonight and I'll call you back. It doesn't cost me anything.

Whatever it takes, girl, I'm there for ya!! ;)

carole
03-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh Kelly I am so sorry to read this thread, it really did bring tears to my eyes, you have been through so much in your young life, and now this, i know how i would feel if i had to re-home my babies, it would break my heart, i can only hope and pray my dear that this has a happy outcome for you all, please know you are constantly in my thoughts and all fingers and paws are crossed over here for all to be well. HUGS sweetie. :)

moosmom
03-12-2007, 09:29 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS!! I heard from Carolyn from the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue, as well as other members out in your area, Kelly. I've got a definite placement for Noah. They also wanted to know about the other two, non-MC kitties. I've emailed them my phone number and hope to talk to them soon.

It's looking good, Kel. I'll keep you updated throughout the day.

jazzcat
03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going so well and you are having to do this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Donna - that is awesome news! Way to go!

Logan
03-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Kelly, I can't imagine the stress you are under, right now. I wish I could help, but we just can't even consider taking in another cat, right now. Butter is pretty easy, but we don't have a clue how he would react to a "roommate", and we aren't ready to find out, let alone that you are on the opposite side of the country from us.

I will keep you all in my prayers.

Logan

NoahsMommy
03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS!! I heard from Carolyn from the Maine Coon Alliance Rescue, as well as other members out in your area, Kelly. I've got a definite placement for Noah. They also wanted to know about the other two, non-MC kitties. I've emailed them my phone number and hope to talk to them soon.

It's looking good, Kel. I'll keep you updated throughout the day.

OMG, really????? Donna, you are AMAZING!!! As is your friend Carolyn....omg!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... x a billion more times!!! Wow!! :)

If you need anymore info on Basie and Pheobe, just give me a ring. You know my situation right now...and I have my phone right next to me.

Thank you so much!!!! :D

ramanth
03-12-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm praying for you Kelly. *HUGS*

Great work Donna! I'm anxious to hear how it all works out. :) Noah reminds me so much of my RB Nike.

Felicia's Mom
03-12-2007, 05:05 PM
You are in my prayers, Kelly.

Catty1
03-12-2007, 05:07 PM
KELLY - Moosmom doesnt' have your number!

Someone please PM Donna if you have it! She is waiting. Thanks!

moosmom
03-12-2007, 06:12 PM
I just got off the phone with Kelly. The wheels are in motion. Coordinating everything from so far away is kinda difficult. But it WILL happen. I'm just glad I could help out. Looks like all 3 cats may have homes. Not sure yet.

I'll keep you posted.

rg_girlca
03-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh Donna that would be fabulous. Keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed here, that it DOES happen.

Thank you SO much Donna for everything you have done to make this possible.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

ramanth
03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
paws and claws crossed here

Taz_Zoee
03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
That's great!! I was probably going to only be able to help Noah, so since he is settled, then I guess my services are not required. ;) :p
I am so glad this looks like it is all working out!!
Way to go Donna!! :D
Good luck Kelly, take care. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Thank God! Donna, thank you so much for helping!

Kelly, I hope all turns out well. I hope that you start feeling better and that you get all in life that I know you deserve. You are a sweet, kind and loving woman, and I will help in any way possible. I will continue to pray for the kitties, and you as well. If you need anything, I will try to help.Just let me know. Even if it is with transport. I am in North Carolina. *HUGS* Katie and kitties

CathyBogart
03-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow, PTers are amazing! I was going to say "I'll ask around at the hospital", but good things are already underway!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Donna, thanks so much for helping Kelly out.:D This is wonderful news and I hope that all 3 cats will be able to be placed. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Kelly's way.

catfamily
03-13-2007, 12:41 AM
OMG!I'm just reading this and I'm so sad that things are not working out for you to be able to keep your cats.Your parents are crazy not to do this for you.I think it's kind of mean of them.I'm sorry but I like to say the truth of how I feel.Your cats would be a big help in any situation or sickness you may have.This is a fact of life.Any Doctor would agree.I wish they would explain that to your parents.
But I'm glad Donna is working hard at placing your babies although I know they will surely be missed by you.
I hope this goes through as far as placing them.
Even the other ones also?in the cage in the garage?I cannot stand a cat being in a cage alone or even in a basement or garage to live.And of course outside when they were origanily indoor cats.I hope every single cat gets a home.All that you had.
Again I am so sorry.Please PM me and I will always be there for you if you need a friend to talk to.
I live in Maine and that's way too far for me plus I have so many of my own right now.
I cannot believe how many cats are so unfortunate to be in sad situations.
I'm more upset with your parents than anything right now.
A life is a life!!!

Mad Mags Moo
03-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Sorry I am in another country - but would help if I could! Sounds like Moosmum has got this sorted - YAY! It is so heart warming to know in times of trouble all PT's are here to help - Paws and fingers crossed for a good result.
You take care and I hope things get better for you soon - it's a shame your mum does not love cats like we do - can't understand that at all :rolleyes:

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Kelly..

I'm glad to see this thread picking up.. and I am excited something is working out for you!

Sending some hugs and prayers your way!!

NoahsMommy
03-13-2007, 03:57 PM
First, a HUGE THANK YOU to Donna for your help in connecting me to Sandy and all the other rescuers in her group that are going to ensure my Noah, Basie and Phoebe get a good foster home until I get back on my feet. You are an angel, Donna...thank you so very much. I know you know how grateful I am to you...but I just had to say it again. :) ((((((((((Donna)))))))))))

Second, another HUGE THANK YOU to Staci (Shais_mom), Jennie (I don't know your PT name, I'm sorry! :o), and Cindy (Taz Zoee) for ALL your help...for offering to open your homes to my cats and for your urgent searching and posting on any and every forum you could think of - for making my problem, YOUR problem. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you so very, very much. Me and the kitties will be forever grateful. ((((((((Hugs x 3))))))

Third, an update!! :)
I spoke to Sandy, (the Maine Coon rescuer) this morning and WOW is she sweet and JUST like us!!! I'm going to send her a link here and maybe she'll join PT!! You'll all just ADORE her! She's treating me as if I were her own daughter...isn't that just utterly amazing and wonderful??

The plan so far...
Sandy is going to be taking a kitten from a fellow rescuer, Crystal into her home so that Crystal can take my Noah. Crystal has 5 other Maine Coons, so she knows the breed and will understand Noah completely. (THANK GOD!!) Most people just view him as a mean kitty...they don't take the time to get past his initial fear and see why he's my heart kitty. He's a total doll...so sweet and gentle with me and his other hoomans. Uh...I just feel SO much better knowing that my angels are going to be OK.

They don't know for sure where Phoebe and Basie will go, but the know they'll find a place.

"They" all live in the San Diego area, its at least 2 hours south of me, but not too horribly far away and I can visit on weekends I'd imagine. I can book a real cheap motel and just "get away". :)

Again, thank you all for your prayers and help. I'll keep you all updated as well.

Hugs, Kelly, Noah, Basie & Phoebe (Micah too!!)

P.S. About my parents...they are of the mind that animals are "throw away", expendible creatures. I have no idea how I came out of that situation/upbringing feeling the exact opposite, but I'm so thankful that I did! They view their home as their castle and rightly so, they've worked very hard to get where they are today...BUT, my cats aren't going to HURT their freaking castle!

I'm lucky enough to be able to live here. Those are the rules and if I don't like them, I can move out. But, I can't, that's the problem. I have no where else to go until I get myself back on my feet. I guess I can always live in my car...but, well, I need a toilet and a shower and all that...I prefer cleanliness.

So, until I'm able to get back to "normal", I have to obey the rules here. I don't agree with them, but I have to respect them.

This is not saying I don't agree with everything you are all saying. I agree 100% that my kitties are a HUGE stress reliever, almost like medication to my body having them around when I'm in an attack, and they're my CHILDREN! I'm not going to have children physically (Crohn's is genetic), so they are my babies. I would never tell someone to "get rid" of their human baby, so why is it ok for them to tell me to get rid of mine? Its not. :(

catfamily
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM
geez...i almost want to say come live with us(with your cats..lol).my God...your parents are so mean...i wish you could of kept your cats.i don't think in a situation your in...your giving away your cats is good.they should know that.shame on them!

NoahsMommy
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I just got off the phone with Crystal - the lovely woman that's going to be fostering my Noah. She is equally as fabulous as Sandy - I really am blessed to have so many wonderful people "in our court". Phoebe, Basie and Noah have been blessed.

I gave both Sandy and Crystal the link to this thread and aslo to PetTalk in general. Maybe they'll join! Wouldn't that be so great?!

Hugs, Kelly :D

rg_girlca
03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh Kelly, I am sooooooo happy to hear that your babies will be placed not too far away from you so that you will be able to visit them. What a relief it must be for you. :) Prayers on the way that you will be able to find a place of your own and be reunited with your babies sooner than later.

Donna, you did good girl. :D

catfamily
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I really want to thank Donna so very much for helping Kelly in her dire need.You've been fabulous!!!
Your such a wonderful human being to be so quick and getting this done!!!!
I'm amazed at how fast you handled this and got these cats wonderful homes and also to help Kelly feel at ease so she won't be miserable forever because she couldn't find homes for her babies.
Thanks from Maine.

wolflady
03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh my gosh! I just finished reading through this entire thread and I'm so glad that Donna was able to hook you up with some foster homes! :D Crystal and Sandy certainly sound like God Sends! ;) This is definitely the best news I've heard in weeks! :D
I'm just sorry that I'm such a useless friend and couldn't take any of your babies, and that my rescue group didn't respond to the wonderful flyer you put together. I'm looking into the cost of getting my own place, but I know it's going to be awhile before I'm living in/paying for my own living space. While I'm glad that you can stay with your parents, it's just too bad that they don't see the healing effects your babies have for you. I can't wait until you get back on your feet and can have your fur babies come home! We could definitely make a few trips down to San Diego to visit your babies in the meantime though! ;)

**hugs**

moosmom
03-13-2007, 08:39 PM
I am not a hero or a saint, I'm just someone who WAS in the same boat Kelly is in now.

I know exactly how Kelly is feeling. The feeling of fear and desperation of losing your cats and having nowhere to go is frightening.

When I moved back to CT from MI, I tried everyone I knew to see if I could stay with them till I found a job and a place to live. I asked some of my friends in rescue if they could foster my cats till I got back on my feet. No one wanted to help me. I'm talking about friends I've known for years, even family. I didn't know what I was going to do, where I was gonna live or what would become of my furbabies. Fortunately, Mark came to my rescue. If it hadn't been for him, I'd have been living in my car.

I'm just a friend who wants to help another friend get through a very difficult time.

Love you Kel!!

Wolflady,

You are NOT a useless friend.

Taz_Zoee
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
You know what? THIS is why I love Pet Talk!!! Despite the icky things that have been going on here lately......this is what it's all about!!!
I kept seeing other people helping their fellow PTers and I was so excited to possibly get the chance to help myself......but it didn't work out. :(
And I am sooo grateful that Donna was able to hook Kelly up with Sandy and Crystal. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. It's soo awesome!!!
Way to go Donna.......AND Pet Talk in general!!! :D :D :D

ramanth
03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Donna you are an angel and don't you say otherwise! *HUGS*

I'm so happy that they were able to help you Kelly. :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Kelly, I'm so glad to hear that all 3 of your cats will be able to be placed in foster homes until you can be reunited with them.:) Donna sure did a wonderful job helping you get the contacts that you needed and Sandy and Crystal sound wonderful too.:) I hope that you'll be able to get back on your feet soon. Take care.(((HUGS)))

NoahsMommy
03-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Donna,
You ARE an angel, but you're also a FABULOUS friend as well. You've been in the same situation and I think this is why we get along so well...I'll never be able to thank you enough for what you've done - but know that I'm always here to help you or your furballs in any way I possibly can.

Catfamily,
I agree...I really, truly wish my parents could see WHAT my cats are to me. Not just that they're my children, but that they provide A TON of stress relief and unconditional love to me. The whole prospect that I'm failing them broke my heart - and again, if I vocalize any of this to them, I get ridiculed and yelled at - they're "just" animals! Even my brother, when I went to him for help told me that I needed to worry about myself before my pets. These people just think and live differently and I'm so glad I'm different from them. But, I also can't let this fester and ADD additional stress in my life. The smallest bit of stress I let into my mind to stew can reek havoc on my body and kick my out of remission very quickly and these people aren't worth it in the least. This is why you wont often find me complain about the situation I'm powerless to change. Does that make sense??

Wolflady,
You are NOT in any way, shape or form a USELESS friend. You, my love, are dealing with some horrendous things right now and I'd be the USELESS, MEAN, INCONSIDERATE friend if I were to dump this stuff on YOU! You are always there for me, even while your life is changing and being utterly stressful and emotional. You are not, nor will you ever be a useless friend, or person....to me, or to anyone that truly matters.
I love you, sweetie. We'll talk soon. Actually, call me when you can...ok?

Staci, Cindy & Jennie,
While Donna was the one that found the placement, you three took my problem as your OWN and did whatever possible you could do to help. Offering your homes, searching online, posting requests all over the internet...those are things I didn't think to do and I know would have proved successful if Donna's group wasn't. THANK YOU so much!!

David can keep Noah another month, so at least I can visit and get some more time in. I'm going to see if David is up for trying to get Noah to stop his fear biting thing. Crystal agreed that someone did something to him to make him do this stuff - most likely the repairmen that would come into the apartment while we were at work. Poor Noah, he just went up to the repair person to greet him and then probably "helped" the evil jerk fix whatever was broken and something mean and hurtful happened to my little boy - I may call and complain, its been 3 years though, I wonder if it would even matter?

Anyway...thanks again to you all...for your prayers and good thoughts and for all your hard work in helping me get my 3 fostered. Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but Micah and Jonah are going to be staying with CiCi and Phil. Actually, Jonah has been there since October and he's become their cat. He ADORES Phil and is his shadow at all times. He's happy, healthy and thriving there, thankfully. Jonah originally was going to live with them, but he wouldn't eat if I wasn't there...but over time, he's gotten a lot better and accepted CiCi and Phil and now he's officially their kitty. I miss him, of course, but you always need to do whats BEST for the cat. :)

Micah is currently staying with Noah at David's house (my soon-to-be ex-husband) with Noel, Hermione and Samson. Micah is going to go to CiCi and Phil's house and stay until I get back on my feet. I'll get to visit and love him whenever I want, thankfully. I miss him so greatly...as I do all my furballs, but Micah with his IBD is not as stable physically as the other cats. He still gets his raw diet every few months and we have to watch him very closely. I think he'll feel very comfortable with CiCi and Phil, because he lived there with me for almost a year. :)

OK, better get going. I'm looking for a new job - I'm almost done with my Certified Medical Assistant courses and will be able to get pain more $$ and work in a better envirnment then I was previously.

Again, thank you all! I'll continue to keep everyone updated.

Hugs, Kelly & Furkids

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Kelly ... I"m so happy to see that you are getting some of this off your shoulders!!!

I know you are probably so stressed out right now! sending some {{hugs}} your way!

and it makes me want to cry seeing how there are so many wonderful people on this board!!!! We have some lucky pets! :)

kimlovescats
03-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Kelly, I'm so glad to see that things are looking up for you and your babies!

(((hugs)))
Kim

wolflady
04-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey guys. I just wanted to resurrect this thread, because Kelly really really desperately needs some help. I'm not sure exactly what happened (so I hope it's ok that I'm posting this), but it seems she still needs to find someplace for 3 of her babies.
I have seen PT do some amazing things for other PT kitties in need, so couldn't we help these precious babies too? I feel really bad that I'm in such a bad place right now with the divorce and not being able to afford a place of my own, so I wanted to at least get the word out.

Can anyone help so she doesn't have to give up her babies to the shelter?

Craftlady
04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Post #47 on 3-14-07 which was made 5 days ago appears everything was settled. So Wolflady is reporting the plans have fallen apart for the 3 to go with the main coon rescue?

shais_mom
04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Post #47 on 3-14-07 which was made 5 days ago appears everything was settled. So Wolflady is reporting the plans have fallen apart for the 3 to go with the main coon rescue?
that was MARCH 14th not APRIL... so it was a MONTH and 5 days ago

not entirely sure of the details as to what Kelly wants known but the husband of one of the rescuers had emailed Kelly to tell her they wouldn't be able to take her cats for the duration of one year b/c the cost to them would be $16,000. :eek: I don't know what kind of math he practices but that is no way shape or form the price of 3 cats for one year. He had included the name of a lady on the email and when Kelly contacted her the lady had no clue what was going on. She said she would get to the bottom of this.... and this is all I know...

Karen- I'll try to email you later - I didn't have time this morning and right now I'm @ work so I can't right now either...

Medusa
04-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh boy, just when things were looking hopeful. I hope this gets resolved quickly for you. I live across country or I'd surely help somehow. But my prayers are going out to all of you.

wolflady
04-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks Stace! That math was totally off! :eek:

**hugs**

catmandu
04-19-2007, 04:58 PM
16000 Dollars For Thee Cats For A Year Sonds Like An Awful Lot Of Money For Accomidations.
The Pampered Feline Is Going To Take My Found Cats After My One Fine Day, And As I Recall It Will Be About 2000 Per Cat Per Year, And Thats Of Course A Group Rate.
I Wish I Could Help As I Would Gladly Take In Cats And Foster Them For As Long As They Needed It, No Charge.
I Just Wish I Was Closer To Kelly.
We Are Praying For You Kelly And We Are Praying That Your Life Will Take An Upswing And That You And Your Cats Will Be Together Again.

The Angels Are On Your Side As Are All Of Us.

Craftlady
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
that was MARCH 14th not APRIL... so it was a MONTH and 5 days ago

Opps guess my brain was to worn out from chasing Stephen to get him into a carrier, which never happened LOL

Laura's Babies
04-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I wonder if that really was the husband that called and quoted that $16,000 per 3 cats? Someone needs to call and verify that was really him that called and said that.

Hell, for $16,000, you could build a nice barn/shed for them to live in and still have enough money to feed and take care of them... or even a used RV.. and that would be feeding them steaks every day..

Taz_Zoee
04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Whoa!! I was just thinking about Kelly and the kitties. I thought everything was all good. Oh no!! :(

moosmom
04-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Kelly has her cats back. It seems that there are MANY sides to this story, some of which I am very confused about.

I've been in contact with Carolyn, the President of the Maine Coon Rescue via emails. She is VERY angry that David and Crystal used her name in the email, saying Carolyn demands Kelly relinquish her cats to Dave and Crystal, or come and get them. This was NOT the case. Carolyn had no idea what was transpiring between Kelly, David and Crystal. It seems that David and Crystal want Kelly to relinquish her cats to them as they have become very attached to them and feel they can give the cats a great home. According to Kelly, they have over 15 cats in their home and she said it looked like a shelter to her.

In their email, they stated that Kelly's cats were somewhat neglected, i.e., Noah's fur was matted and their nails desperately needed clipping. They also stated that they didn't think it was fair to be shuffling these cats from home to home, as it would stress them out. They also tried to say it would cost over $16,000 for a year's worth of upkeep. Carolyn herself, assured me that was a bunch of BS. They also told Carolyn that Kelly dropped off "partial" food for her cats and no money for other supplies. Kelly assured me that she has given them food, litter and money towards their expenses.

What is truth and what is exaggerated, I have no idea. I'm a long way from California and have no way of confirming or denying said facts.

I do hope Kelly can make other arrangements for her cats before this whole situation makes her sick again. At one point on the phone, Kelly was ready to give up and relinquish her cats altogether. I tried to talk to her saying that sometimes we have to make sacrifices we aren't exactly prepared for. I even offered to take Basil for her.

I'm at a loss for words right now. I feel like I've let down not only Kelly and her cats, but have jeopardized my relationship with Carolyn as well. :(

carole
04-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh dear what a terrible situation going on here, confusing to say the least, i think everyone here knows Kelly well enough to know that these people are fabricating these stories, there is no way in hell she would not look after them or not send supplies with them, that i am sure of.

Don't worry Donna none of this is your fault, you are the good samaritan here,and it is a shame you have been caught in the crossfire, let us hope it can all be sorted amicably and Kelly can indeed find a place for her furbabies, i can just imagine the stress she is going through right now and then this on top of it, HUGS to you Kelly.,and good wishes for a good outcome with your cats.

Catty1
04-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Okay, I missed something - David and Crystal are who?

I hope the Maine Coon lady can get things straight - it was not Kelly, nor you Donna, who sent this email. Something is very fishy here, and I am sure Carolyn will get to the bottom of it.

HUGS!

moosmom
04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
David and Crystal are a couple that foster cats for Maine Coon Rescue.

dukedogsmom
04-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Kelly, I'm so sorry for your troubles. I'm just now seeing this so I don't know how things are going now. I hope you can keep in touch here. I'll try to read all of this soon so I'll know what's going on.

shais_mom
04-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I wonder if that really was the husband that called and quoted that $16,000 per 3 cats? Someone needs to call and verify that was really him that called and said that.

Hell, for $16,000, you could build a nice barn/shed for them to live in and still have enough money to feed and take care of them... or even a used RV.. and that would be feeding them steaks every day..
well YOU could in SE LA and I could here in OH but this is CALIFORNIA!! where everything is TRIPLED! :)
Thank you Donna for clearing up a confusion situation. I, honestly do not feel it is your fault in any way and I hope that Kelly and Carolyn do too.

I know that Kelly has said before that Noah doesn't like his nails cut or to be brushed (I think) and can be rather uhhhh nasty about it. He's a large cat, with full set of nails and teeth that he knows how to use. Believe me, he slept curled up next to me the first nite I was @ Kelly's house but a couple days later when I was standing a couple feet away from him, talking to him not touching him in any way, he must have been over-stimulated with all the people and excitement in the apartment that he let out a HISS, GROWL, and bared his teeth and lunged @ me so much that I ran across the room and hid behind Karen!! (yea this captain would NOT go down with the SHIP! brave I am not! ;) :p ) But then he was fine in 15 minutes. The situation they all have been in over the last 2 years would be stressful for even the most sedate person OR animal.
I haven't heard from Kelly since I got her emails Monday nite so I don't know what's going on now.....

Pawsitive Thinking
04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
So, what is going on here? I think I'd rather sleep in my car to keep my pets although I do understand that may not be possible here

moosmom
04-20-2007, 10:22 AM
I haven't heard from Kelly since I spoke with her on the phone Monday. :(

wolflady
04-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the updates Donna and Stace. Yes, it seems like Carolyn got pulled into the situation without her knowing, so these other folks seem kind of sketch. It's neither Donna's or Carolyn's fault what these other people are saying, so please don't feel bad. You are wanting to help, and that's a wonderful thing. :)

I totally agree with Stace about Noah. He definitely doesn't have an easy-care coat, and it mats easily which is why Kelly usually shaves him in the summer. With the situation as it has been, it's no wonder the kitties may not be in the best of shape...because Kelly isn't there to care for them! I really hope something can be worked out. I worry about them all.

**hugs**

shais_mom
04-20-2007, 11:27 AM
So, what is going on here? I think I'd rather sleep in my car to keep my pets although I do understand that may not be possible here
That's exactly right, It isn't possible in this situation. I'm sure Kelly would rather do ANYTHING than give up her cats but she's in a NO WIN situation. I haven't heard from her either since getting her email Monday.

momcat
04-20-2007, 11:49 AM
What a horrible situation! Just when it looked like a workable solution was found things fell apart. Kelly, I don't believe for even a moment that any of your furkids was neglected in any way and those people were totally out of line to even suggest such a thing! Claiming $16,000 a year for 3 cats is absurd! If they were so concerned about expenses why did they agree to foster in the first place?

Donna, thank you so very much for everything you did for Kelly and her furbabies! You are a real hero to all of us even though you may not think so! Your compassion and concern really touched my heart.

I'm really sorry but all I can offer are prayers and lots of [[[HUGS]]] for a positive resolution, Kelly. Our landlord's wife doesn't like Groucho being here so taking in another kitty is out of the question for us. If there's ANYTHING I can do from 3,000 miles away just ask. If I can, it will be done.

moosmom
04-20-2007, 02:02 PM
If there is a way to get Basil to me, I'd be more than happy to foster him till Kelly is ready. It may be a little cramped in my one room apt, but that's no big deal.

wolflady
04-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I wonder how much it would cost to ship Basil? Maybe we could do some price checks from LAX or Burbank to an airport near you, Donna. What airport is closest, and what airline would be best to ship Basil on?

**hugs**

moosmom
04-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I live about 20 minutes away from Bradley Airport in Windsor Locks. I know they have airlines that specialize in animal transport. It's about $150.

wolflady
04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
That's not bad! Do you think Kelly would be open to this idea? Bless you for offering to take Basil. :)

**hugs**

moosmom
04-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Do you think Kelly would be open to this idea

Not sure.