PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 with Rodent Ulcer

shais_mom
07-02-2002, 12:21 AM
I have to go and pick up some more medication for Kylie Girl b/c her rodent's ulcer is coming back.
I called and they talked to the dr. and they said since it is so hard to get rid of instead of paying for another office visit just to come and pick up some meds for her and then go back in 3 weeks for a recheck. The dr. originally told me that it might take more than one treatment to get rid of the infection. I can see a few spots coming back so I called right away b/c I probably let it go too long the last time and that is probably why it won't go away. Got to run rampant for too long :(
It doesn't seem to bother her tho! She still loves to cuddle and EAT!!

zippy-kat
07-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Poor Kylie-kat!!

Hope she gets rid of this stuff before her Cat Fancy debut in August! ;)

Good luck sweet one!

krazyaboutkatz
07-03-2002, 01:38 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about poor Kylie. :( At least it doesn't seem to bother her. Hopefully it will clear up this time and go away for good. :) Please keep us updated. Good luck. :)

Freckles
07-03-2002, 11:07 AM
Kylie, hoping the meds clear up the spots this time.

Zippy-Kat, I just received the Aug. Cat Fancy and read with interest Staci's comments on white cats.

Logan
07-03-2002, 11:17 AM
I must have missed something before, Staci (have been gone, have been busy :o), but what is a Rodent's Ulcer?? I do hope Miss Kylie will be herself in no time. :)

NoahsMommy
07-03-2002, 04:04 PM
Poor thing...what is it??

shais_mom
07-03-2002, 07:27 PM
NO WORRIES LOGAN, I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN ON VACATION AND VERY BUSY!
Check out this thread:
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10997&highlight=Feline+Skin+Cancer
and it will explain what Kylie Gurl has been thru!
I went and picked up her meds today and she has to have a pill twice a day for 2 weeks!! yikes I am gonna have a ticked kitty!

Logan
07-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Thanks, Staci. I'm sorry I missed this the first time around. I hope Kylie will be better soon, and I do NOT envy you, giving her those pills. I think if Butter had to have pills, he would have to stay on sedatives or at the hospital until the dose was over!! :eek:

shais_mom
07-25-2002, 12:44 AM
Well we went to the vet on Monday and he said it was all cleared up YEA!
But I asked him to look at an open sore that was on her neck, I couldn't understand where it came from b/c she doesn't wear a collar. I thought maybe it was a hair mat she scratched at or a flea bite. Well he said that she had no fleas and sometimes collars don't get along well with collars and not to worry about it. Especially since she has sensitive skin. As soon as he looked at her neck he said "That is the skin form". AND it will continually come back and have to be treated when it does. He gave her a shot of steroids and told me to keep steroid (cortisone) cream on the sores when they come back. And she will probably have to have shots when they come back.
All I can say is anyone who uses plastic dishes, run out and buy steel or ceramic. That is how she got this from unclean plastic b/c there is no way to sterilize it.

zippy-kat
07-25-2002, 12:58 AM
Poor kylie! Shots aren't any fun are they sweet girl?! I'll be sending you all my best thoughts and wishes so (hopefully) only the cortizone cream will be needed.

Gio
07-25-2002, 03:40 AM
I'm pleased that the rodent ulcer has cleared up. And I hope that the sores will disappear soon too!

Randi
07-25-2002, 06:50 AM
I too am pleased that the rodent ulcer has cleared up. And I hope that the sores will disappear soon too! And good luck with the pills! You'll manage! ;)

Nosekisses to Kylie! :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-25-2002, 10:56 PM
I'm so glad that the rodent ulcer has cleared up. I sure hope that her other sore will clear up soon as well. Good luck. :)

Logan
07-25-2002, 11:15 PM
Oh, Staci, it is always something, isn't it? I have been so lucky with my cats (I am knocking on wood right now). I hope Kylie will continue to improve!

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-26-2002, 08:58 AM
Good to hear the ulcer has cleared up, but it's a shame about the other sores. Sounds like some kind of viral thing that can't be cured. Poor Kylie. Hope it doesn't bother her too much and the cortisone cream helps. I had heard it wasn't good to use plastic bowls, but I never knew why. Tubby and Peanut have ceramic bowls, but maybe I'll clean them a little more often - just to make sure.