PDA

View Full Version : Bugsy Bayer

Marigold2
03-09-2007, 09:50 PM
A funny bunny story.
Many years ago I had a bunny named Bugsy, a sweet, intelligent, brown dwarf. Bugsy was very special. One day he got very sick and he had none stop diarrhea. I lived in Tallmadge, Ohio at the time and I took Bugsy to the local vet who prescribed a human medicine for Bugsy. I went to my neighborhood drugstore, which was called Bumpus Emporium. Bumpus Emporium was a lovely old fashioned drug store something right out of the turn of the century. Bumpus sold Victorian glass wear, penny candy, figurines, and all kinds of brickabrac. When you went to Bumpus you would drop off your prescription and walk around for about 15 minutes, they would then call your name over the intercom. At that time my last name was Bayer. I was walking around with my son who was about four at that time when I hear over the intercom. PRESCRIPTION OF BUGSY BAYER, BUGSY BAYER.
When I got to the counter there were several woman standing there, everyone was giving me a dirty look. I was holding my son's hand and couldn't figure out why everyone was looking at me so strange. Finally it dawned on me, they all thought that my son was named BUGSY BAYER. What kind of mother names their kid BUGSY BAYER? I quickly spoke up and said "oh I hope this medicine makes my little bunny feel better, come on sweetheart lets go home and give Bugsy his medicine." The evil eyes stopped then. It has been 25 years now and I still laugh about those woman and the look on their faces.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gifMonica

DrKym
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM
ROFL!

Years ago I was I Shuey, and something rather similar happened, I was picking up a scrip for a macaw I still have named Tennessee(I missed home and named her for my state) but we call her Tenny .......you guessed it here I come answering the page for...Tenna Shuey. My daughter was mortified!
I didn't even catch it till she explained it to me at the check out! :o