PDA

View Full Version : Urgent transport request

Prairie Purrs
03-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Jen L. has graciously offered to take in my Angel boy if I can somehow get him from Denver to Allentown, Pennsylvania. Is there anyone in the Midwest who might be able to shuttle my kitty part of the way? If I'm going to arrange this, it has to be done within the next two weeks.

And I would be so very, very grateful, because this way I would have a chance of getting Angel back after I move. If I take him to a shelter, I lose him forever.

Donnaj4962
03-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I have sent you a PM. Donna

Marigold2
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Maybe he can fly? Have you called an airline? I don't think they charge too much. My first bunny Bugsy flew with us. He was a Germany bunny and flew to the states with us. I carried my 6 month old son in one arm, Bugsy in a carrier in the other, my ex had a suitcase in both hands and there we were, landing in NY late at night and having to go throug customs. My son was screaming, Bugsy looked so upset, his little nose was going up and down up and down up and down in a very deliberate way. :eek: Because Mike was screaming at the top of his lungs the customs officer let us pass through without too much fuss. It was a hellish trip. Bugsy lived another 7 years and died on 10/31/84. My son will be 29 this month and the memory still makes me laugh.

Lizzie
03-09-2007, 08:41 PM
There are several forums that should try posting this request on, though perhaps you have already done so.

911PetRescue has two forums that meet your needs. One is Urgen and the other is Transportation. Most of the people on the forum live either in the Mid-West or East and they are very experienced at arranging transport. They are also very generous - perhaps one might take one of your cats?!

There is also Frappr, and there is a link for this site from 911PetRescue. You can look at a map and select volunteers for the route Angel needs to take. It will be up to you to contact each volunteer and coordinate the journey.

Best Friends does not have a lot of traffic compared to PT and 911, but they are very helpful. There are a couple of forums that deal with transportation.

Post widely, that's your best chance. From what I've seen, it's much easier to get a transport going east, or even south, than going west.

If you decide to fly any of your cats, Continental is the airline that Best Friends uses because they take their reputation of being a good pet carrier very seriously.

zippy-kat
03-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Just sent you a PM. :)

Prairie Purrs
03-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Thank you, all of you! It looks like we may not need to do the transport after all (although I'm keeping it as a backup option). Jadapit's sister-in-law is checking to see whether anyone she knows in Denver might be able to take the kitties in temporarily. If not, Dr. Goodnow has generously offered to catsit, as I'm planning to relocate to a town not far from where she lives.

Pet Talkers are among the most wonderful people on the planet! You folks are helping me to climb out of a deep pit of despair tonight. Thank you again!

DrKym
03-09-2007, 09:09 PM
It is the least we can do to welcome you to your new neighborhood!

Hugs,
Kym