View Full Version : I did it! Before and After pictures *updated pics post 1*

Sirrahsim
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC06080.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC06081.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC06089.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC06088.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC06091.jpg

My beautiful ponytail is in a plastic bag!! These pictures aren't the best but I assure you that this haircut is adorable in person! Just having the new cut makes it look like I lost about 5 pounds from my face!

That was quite traumatic though! :eek: :eek: :D

Added this morning:
I LOVE it :)

cyber-sibes
03-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Very cute! Does your head feel "light"?

Sirrahsim
03-09-2007, 06:40 PM
My head feels VERY light!! I didn't realize how much all that hair was weighing me down!
I keep reaching back to run my fingers through my hair and getting shocked when I run out of hair :p :D

critter crazy
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Awsome!! I did that myself a few years ago, and boy what a difference! Once i got short hair, I have not wanted long hair again! just think of all te money you are gonna save on Shampoo and conditioner!:D

Freckles
03-09-2007, 06:44 PM
That looks perfect!

Sirrahsim
03-09-2007, 06:45 PM
:D :D :D I wish that someone would have taken a picture of my face when the lady showed me the ponytail of hair that she had cut off!! I'm still in shock!

Karen
03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
The weirdest feeling will be when you next shampoo it - trust me, it'll be so "wait! Where did my HAIR go?" And get used to your hair moving when you turn your head ... (can you tell I have been there and done that?

The new cut looks great, it frames your face much better and emphasizes your eyes more!

BCollie_Kelly
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow, it looks GREAT!
I remember when I got my hair all chopped off (lol, err... well... got it cut really short ;) ) I didn't want it as short as they cut it and I was really upset about it. It took me about 2 weeks to get used to it and now I love it! Just looking at pictures from when I had longer hair makes me realize how bad it looked (on me, in my opinion) And now I'm glad! lol

Sirrahsim
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
The weirdest feeling will be when you next shampoo it - trust me, it'll be so "wait! Where did my HAIR go?"

I have a feeling that I'm going to continue to use the giant glob of shampoo that I've been using for years :rolleyes: :D It'll definately take me a while to get used to using less!!

DrKym
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM
you look MAHVELOUS!!!!

The cut really does flatter you! What a great thing to do with the hair cut off also. :)

applesmom
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
The new "do" really emphasizes your lovely features. Glad to hear that you like it too! ;)

sparks19
03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
The weirdest feeling will be when you next shampoo it - trust me, it'll be so "wait! Where did my HAIR go?" And get used to your hair moving when you turn your head ... (can you tell I have been there and done that?

The new cut looks great, it frames your face much better and emphasizes your eyes more!

LOL that is exactly what I was going to say. I remember when I cut all my hair off and then showered the next day. I filled my hand up with shampoo forgetting I had half the amount of hair I had the day before LOL.

You look gorgeous and I bet you feel much lighter on top.... I know I did. it's amazing how much of a difference it makes. YOu don't really think about your hair weighing that much. :D

jenluckenbach
03-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I have a feeling that I'm going to continue to use the giant glob of shampoo that I've been using for years :rolleyes: :D !
LOL.....this is what I was going to say! But it looks WONDERFUL!

Daisy and Delilah
03-09-2007, 07:39 PM
You're as cute as a button with the new "do". I love it!! Great choice :)

p.s. Of course, you were a doll with the long hair too ;)

Donnaj4962
03-09-2007, 07:46 PM
WOW! It looks great! Getting your hair cut is always such a huge change.... and yours looks very cute!

When I was younger, I had hair past my waist. I went with a friend together hair cut, and decided to get mine cut also...... uh, very short, like to my ears! :eek: I have long hair again now!

Karen
03-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I am pretty much blind without my glasses on. When I was in college, I decided to cut my hair, which had been down to the middle of my back for years. I decided to get it cut chin-length. So my friend took me to her trusted hairdresser, and said afterwards, "Oh, Karen, I am so glad you couldn't see my face while they were cutting your hair! I was doing okay, but then when she had you bend you head, and I saw your whole neck exposed, and then looked at all the hair on the floor, I about panicked, and thought - 'she's gonna kill me!' Then when you picked your head back up, and she finished drying it, I thought it looked great. Then I got scared again when she handed you back your glasses ..."

I told her I was quite happy with the cut, and she just about fainted with relief!

sparks19
03-09-2007, 08:23 PM
YOu know what I love the MOST about getting a substantial amount of hair cut off.... it never feels so soft as it does the few days after a brand new cut. I just can't stop touching my hair when that happens.... It feels like silk. I love that.

Plus I love the mini scalp massage you get when they wash your hair LOL

Sirrahsim
03-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately I didn't spring for the wash this time. I was SOOOO nervous about losing so much hair that I didn't even ask her to do so. I'm kind of glad that she cut it dry though. If she had cut it wet it would probably look even shorter once it dried!! I just washed and dried it and was AMAZED that it was dry and looked GREAT within 10 minutes :) I didn't even have to pull out my flat iron :)
I hope I still like it this much in the morning :p :D :D

I remember the days of "blind haircuts"!! Now I *never* go in for a haircut without putting my contacts in first! I surely would have fainted if I hadn't been able to watch her work.

Taz_Zoee
03-09-2007, 09:13 PM
You know, I am a fan of long hair....but your hair cut looks REALLY cute!!! :D
Of course I thought it was beautiful before, I love the color of your hair. :)

caseysmom
03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
You are very pretty and I like the new do :D

shais_mom
03-09-2007, 11:16 PM
my eyes actually went
:eek:
But I love it!

Rachel
03-10-2007, 06:42 AM
You have a face that looks equally good with either long or short hair, and I don't think that is the case with very many people. I would think you enjoyed having long hair. Now you can enjoy this cute cut.

Freedom
03-10-2007, 07:22 AM
The first time I got a short cut, my hair had been down to my waist. I was aobut 8, Mom was expecting my baby bro, and didn't think she'd have time to care for my hair. I cried the whole time and for at least an hour afterwards.

Over 20 years later, I decided to get it cut short myself. I was a bit nervous, but it went OK! And everything Karen said is so true. First wash, where is my HAIR???

You look wonderful in this new "do!"

pitc9
03-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I love it!
it looks great!

Toby's my baby
03-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Wow, it is beautiful!! I like it both ways! :D It looks great!

One of my best friends cut off 11 inches of her hair yesterday too, but hers is STILL :eek: below her shoulders. It will be weird to see her with short hair! :p

jackie
03-10-2007, 01:24 PM
It looks 100% better!

It really suits you and its a nice change for summer.

babychicaleek
03-10-2007, 04:27 PM
ooh me encanta :)

Lori Jordan
03-10-2007, 04:48 PM
WOW!What a change,But you look Great!You will find it helpful,as baby's love to pull hair!

AdoreMyDogs
03-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh you look absolutely ADORABLE, Missy! I LOVE that new cut. Good timing, too, since summer is coming and they get pretty hot in this state :) It'll be nice to have that extra hair gone before it starts getting super hot.

Very, very, very cute!!!!!