PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my jewellry creations

sparks19
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Here are a few pics of some other jewellry I have made

This first one is a pendant I made out of Sterling Silver Jump Rings. It wasn't hard... just tedious.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMG_0026.jpg

These other ones are some bracelets I put together the other day.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMG_0040.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMG_0041.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMG_0042.jpg

Hope you like them.

caseysmom
03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Those are beautiful, the first and last ones are my favorite.

cyber-sibes
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Very pretty! That medallion is gorgeous.

critter crazy
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
OMG!! They are awsome, i love them all! Do you sell them?? If so, I would be realy interested in some! PM me if you want to chat!:)

Jadapit
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
BEAUTIFUL! I love silver. Do you happen to sell things you make? The first one is amazing.

Blue_Frog
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Love them!! First and last are my favs too!

Is the pendant a Japanese chainmail pattern? If you're interested, i have a slightly different pattern for a japanese chainmail bracelet out of jumprings you might be interested in -- let me know and i'll send it to ya :D

Daisy and Delilah
03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
OMG!!!! AWESOME WORK!!! Those are fantastic, sparks!! The top one looks like it took 1000 hours to do. Your work is excellent!!(Can I say that again???) :D :D :D

sparks19
03-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Thank you very much everyone.

yes I am always more than willing to sell my stuff and to custom make things as well.

That pendant actually only took about 2 hours total to make. I would definately be interested in new chainmail patterns :D I didn't have a pattern for that particular pendant.... I just followed a picture I saw lol.

Anyway if anyone has any requests or anything like that feel free to pm me :D

And I am always interested in new patterns of anykind :D

Karen
03-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Really pretty - I like the last one best! :) Thanks for sharing.
The pendant is amazing - not many people would have the patience!

chocolatepuppy
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Ooh! Those bracelets are very pretty. :)

sparks19
03-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Thank you everyone

I am so glad you all like them

here are a few more pics of different stuff I made (the quality of these pictures is not quite as good as the first ones)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMGA0284.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMGA0283.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMGA0282.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMGA0281.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/Mike1.jpg

dukedogsmom
03-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I love the pendant! All are pretty but that really stands out.

Could you make a snowflake out of the jumpringgs? If not, I'd be interested in the first one, too.

BCollie_Kelly
03-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Wow, you really have a gift! Those are all wonderful, really! Great Job!

sparks19
03-09-2007, 07:47 PM
I love the pendant! All are pretty but that really stands out.

Could you make a snowflake out of the jumpringgs? If not, I'd be interested in the first one, too.

I could probably mess around with a pattern for a snowflake.... but I can't make any promises :D LOL I am new working with the chainmail effects.

The first one was all in sterling silver so it turned out to be a bit pricey to make and it sells for almost $100. BUT If I didn't use sterling silver it would be much cheaper. They make coloured jump rings out of stainless steel and other metals and those are kind of neat and much less expensive. I think I can get the stainless steel types in silver colour too.

It is amazing how much stuff like this is marked up in "fine" jewellry stores. We priced out a bracelet one time that we saw in a magazine and had almost the exact same materials used to make it... in the magazine it was $150 and we could make it and sell it for $50 (that is materials and labor together) It was astonishing to see how over priced some stuff is.

BCollie, thank you very much... but I can't take all the credit.... I had/have fantastic teachers. I learn more from them everyday. :D

Marigold2
03-09-2007, 07:50 PM
You have a real talent. I would purchase any of these. Are you going to take them to an art show? I think they would sell very well.

sparks19
03-09-2007, 08:09 PM
You have a real talent. I would purchase any of these. Are you going to take them to an art show? I think they would sell very well.

Actually... the first three bracelets are going to a craft show this weekend with my boss. LOL but she just won't part with the pendant.... good thing she "donated" those materials to me because she basically stole my pendant hahahaha. She displays it in the store but I catch her wearing it all the time lol.

But I haven't tried selling any in art shows myself just yet. Most of my "business" has been through friends and family. It was kinda scary for me to sell my stuff because I knew I liked them but that didn't mean others would like them. LOL I fretted for weeks when I made a set for a friend's husband, he wanted it done in the colours of their new baby's room (blue, yellow and white) I just kept looking at it thinking "Gosh, I hope this is what he was hoping for" They loved it and that really helped me gain some confidence.... so I think I will start branching out more and more.

Thank you for the wonderful comments. :D

Glacier
03-09-2007, 08:29 PM
But I haven't tried selling any in art shows myself just yet.

I make jewellery too. I sell some at shows and I have some in a store in town. I don't make much at it, but it gives me enough to buy more beads! You can never have too many beads!!

Very nice work!

Pembroke_Corgi
03-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Wow, great job, your jewelry is very beautiful! :D

sparks19
03-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I make jewellery too. I sell some at shows and I have some in a store in town. I don't make much at it, but it gives me enough to buy more beads! You can never have too many beads!!

Very nice work!

Awesome :D what kind of jewellry do you do? Like what kind of materials do you like to use?

LOL you can't have too many beads but man it can be a pain when you are disorganized and have to reorganize your bead box all the time LOL. Finding homes for all the loose beads can be a chore hahahaha.

chocolatepuppy
03-10-2007, 05:17 AM
I just love all of your bracelets! We must have similar taste. ;)

pitc9
03-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Wow! Great job!
They all are beautiful!

RobiLee
03-10-2007, 08:35 AM
I love your jewelry! You do great work.

gini
03-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Beautiful work! I loved everything you have made.

Karen
03-10-2007, 10:55 AM
. Finding homes for all the loose beads can be a chore hahahaha.

Two words: tackle box!

Glacier
03-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Awesome :D what kind of jewellry do you do? Like what kind of materials do you like to use?

I do a little bit of everything. I work only in glass and semi-precious stones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/bead/carn.jpg
This is one I made for myself a couple weeks ago. It's all Carnelian, except the pendant which is an agate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/bead/greenglass.jpg
This is one of my favorite pieces. It went into the store that carries my stuff. It sold pretty quick. The beads are all glass. The round beads are made by a woman's co-op in Africa. The woman get paid a fair price for their beads and are able to build a decent life for their family.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/bead/amuletbag.jpg
I really like off-loom weaving. I make these amulet bags. They are big enough to hold a special stone or other small item. This one is done in Japanese seed beads and an open netting stitch.

sparks19
03-10-2007, 11:14 AM
I do a little bit of everything. I work only in glass and semi-precious stones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/bead/carn.jpg
This is one I made for myself a couple weeks ago. It's all Carnelian, except the pendant which is an agate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/bead/greenglass.jpg
This is one of my favorite pieces. It went into the store that carries my stuff. It sold pretty quick. The beads are all glass. The round beads are made by a woman's co-op in Africa. The woman get paid a fair price for their beads and are able to build a decent life for their family.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/bead/amuletbag.jpg
I really like off-loom weaving. I make these amulet bags. They are big enough to hold a special stone or other small item. This one is done in Japanese seed beads and an open netting stitch.

GORGEOUS :D I lov the Carnelian set

Carnelian is my FAVOURITE. I just love Orange and nothing looks prettier to me than Carnelian. :D

Yeah in the bead shop I work in we only sell glass and semi precious. Are the African womens co-op beads you are talking about called Kazuri beads? or is this a different one? We sell Kazuri beads and we have the story about the women who hand make them in Africa displyed beside the beads. They are VERY popular and it's hard for us to keep them in stock lol.

We have ALL of the colours they offer in the Swarovski Crystals.... my boss LOOOOOVES Crystals lol. I kept wondering where I had heard the name Swarovski before and then I realized that they actually make the crystal figurines.... lol it never dawned on me that it was the same company lol.

My favourite piece that I made right now (it is mine lol I won't sell it even though my boss harrasses me too all the time... after all I can make another set) is my shell pearl set. It is crushed pearls that are reformed and held together by the mucus the clams make (doesn't sound so elegant NOW does it lol) and these ones are all different shades of pink. I made a necklace, bracelet, earrings and a ring out of one strand... I will have to take a picture of it.

I also enjoy the off loom weaving type stuff.... I don't know if I can call it weaving persay.... it's more of a stitch sorta. but it's al done with the japanese seed beads. It takes more time than regular stringing but I find it so relaxing.... do you find it calming and relaxing?

Where do you usually get your supplies?

Edited to add: That blue and green piece.... We carry that toggle and it is one of my favourites (I have never used it myself yet) but some customers were saying that the toggle slides out sometimes.... Have you ever had any trouble with that happening with that particular toggle? They keep telling us that the hole is too large and when it moves around it slides out. I have experienced that with other toggles but not with that one. But it's such a beautiful toggle.

Glacier
03-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah in the bead shop I work in we only sell glass and semi precious. Are the African womens co-op beads you are talking about called Kazuri beads? or is this a different one?

I also enjoy the off loom weaving type stuff.... I don't know if I can call it weaving persay.... it's more of a stitch sorta. but it's al done with the japanese seed beads. It takes more time than regular stringing but I find it so relaxing.... do you find it calming and relaxing?

Where do you usually get your supplies?

Edited to add: That blue and green piece.... We carry that toggle and it is one of my favourites (I have never used it myself yet) but some customers were saying that the toggle slides out sometimes.... Have you ever had any trouble with that happening with that particular toggle?

I'm not sure what the co-op is called. My neighbor does relief work in Africa and he brought them back and resold them. He got them straight from their little workshop.

I do find it calming. I like brick stitch and netting best. Peyote I can do, but I have to be in the right frame of mind! It's my least favorite stitch. I'm just learning square and right angle weave. Right angle is fun too. Last week, I learned how to make cocktail rings out of little crystals. Those are fun!!

I've used that toggle on several pieces and haven't had any trouble with it. I kept a couple for myself and sold a couple. Haven't heard any complaints from the customers!

There is no where locally to buy beads, except seed beads from the Native Craft Store. They aren't great quality seed beads--not the nice, uniform Japanese ones. All my other supplies I order on-line, either from BeadFX(cuz they charge in Canadian dollars) or on e-bay. When I go to visit my family, I can usually talk my Dad into stopping at one bead store on our way back to the airport in Edmonton--as long as I can find the one near a golf store! Dad's a golf fanatic.

Scooter's Mom
03-10-2007, 02:02 PM
You can never have too many beads!!

Very nice work!

My mother-in-law makes jewelry using Swarovski crystals. For Christmas this year, I bought her 24 different colors of beads, 50 of each. Can you say, "ouch" as far as cost went? My mother-in-law has probably got a million plus beads, she's a packrat, like me. :cool:

Your jewelry is beautiful! Please keep making and sharing - you have a great talent!

Chica
03-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Your very talented!!!!Your jewelry is beautiful!!!!!!!! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow, very nice. I love sterling silver, too. Nice job!

sparks19
03-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Thank you everyone. :D

yes I also like Sterling Silver.... I think that pendant would look Gawdy in gold LOL

Pawsitive Thinking
03-12-2007, 11:22 AM
They are gorgeous!!

I used to wear only silver, then I changed to gold and now I love them both so I have gold on one hand and silver on the other!

sparks19
03-12-2007, 11:24 AM
They are gorgeous!!

I used to wear only silver, then I changed to gold and now I love them both so I have gold on one hand and silver on the other!

A lady came in the other day and made a mothers bracelet with sterling silver letters and then used Silver AND Gold balls. I LOVED the combination of the two.... it was beautiful.

Whisk_Luva
04-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Wow they are really cool. I am a starter at making jewellry and I have made some stuff but its not great :(
But hey, I will improve in time I hope! :)

Whisk_Luva
04-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Anyway I make dream catchers as well! I have made loads but have never made one for myself strange that......

sparks19
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
OOOH Dream catchers... how cool. I don't know how to make those yet :D

Whisk_Luva
04-06-2007, 04:39 AM
its pretty easy... I just sold my last lot the other day so I will post a pic when I have made my next lot... I am hoping to got 1 done today! :D

sparks19
04-06-2007, 08:10 AM
its pretty easy... I just sold my last lot the other day so I will post a pic when I have made my next lot... I am hoping to got 1 done today! :D

Cool.... I can't wait to see pictures :D

Where did you find instructions for something like that. I would be interested in giving that a try sometime. they look like they would be a lot of fun to make.

Whisk_Luva
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
i ordered a kit for my first one then took it from there... pics will come soon! :D