PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers work!

DJFyrewolf36
03-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Receintly I asked for some good vibes regarding a job. I DID get the job, but the store I was hired at ended up being part of a corporate hiring freze and I was "laid off" before I even started work :rolleyes:

Well I'm actually glad this happened because I got a much better job! I'm working at IGT in thier silkscreening department (printing graphics on glass basically). I start out at better pay, I work a shift I like (swing) and I already have two hours of overtime logged. (got home at 2 am, Im sore from not being used to so much physical activity but I feel good still :D )

After all the cruddy things that have happened lately, I actually like getting out and doing something for 8 hours a day, especially since I am learning a trade. It kind of stinks not being around hubby as I am used to spending a lot more time with him.

Thanks for all your prayers. I am glad I have the support of so many wonderful people.

Freedom
03-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Ha ha ha, iI'm sorry, but getting laid off before you even start is too funny! And it is OK as you got something better! That is nice to hear.

RedHedd
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
So did they give you a severance package? :D

Congrats on the new job! Sounds perfect!

cyber-sibes
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Congratulations on the new job - sounds fun. Enjoy the overtime pay too!

Karen
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh, yay! Just reading "silkscreening" I could smell the inks already! ;) Congratulations, sounds fun!

Daisy and Delilah
03-09-2007, 07:40 PM
That sounds like a really cool job!! Congrats!! :D

dukedogsmom
03-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm so glad things are going well! I know you're happy about it. Good to hear from you.

DJFyrewolf36
03-10-2007, 05:21 AM
So did they give you a severance package? :D

Congrats on the new job! Sounds perfect!

Hahaha, I almost spit soda all over my monitor at that one! :D The situation i really is funny in retrospect. Karen, I don't work directly with the inks or anything yet, I'm in the laminating department spending most of my time trimming parts or loading them on to racks to be inspected. 10 hours goes by quick! I got more overtime tonight, Remus is none too pleased lol. I swear. he and the hubby spend the hours I am at work trying to decide who is going to cuddle with me first lol.

Daisy, Chyber-sibes, Freedom, DDM thanks for the well wishes! As I said many times before it feels good to know there are people that care about my well being. :D