PDA

View Full Version : Update on Modeling...

Toby's my baby
03-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I think it was last week or so, that I asked everyone for their advice on what photo to bring to a modeling call here. I ended up not being able to bring any of the photo's because my printer wasn't working, and the place to print them in town was closed. :o I had to bring a professional photograph that I HATE.

O well... I guess they liked it, because both me and my twin sister got accepted into the modeling agency. I found out last Friday, and then tonight I had a 3 hour "seminar" where they told the people who were selected what to expect when they go to a job and all the different stuff. We researched the agency, and they are real. Actually, I found out today that one of my friends used to belong to the agency.

We didn't have to pay to "join" the agency, but there are several extra things you are able to attend that are costly. They are NOT required, and they said if you take the classes or do any of the other stuff, they are no going to promote you any more than they would if you didn't. So I've opted not to do anything extra. There is a two day class, that is $1500 :eek: :rolleyes: but it sounds VERY informational and stuff. There are companies willing to sponsor some models, so I signed up for the sponsorships. Unless I get a full sponsorship, I definently won't be going.

That's about all for now. All I have to do is wait for a job. :p I'm kind of excited, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm not going to waste my money on something that could end as quickly as it began. :p

DrKym
03-09-2007, 12:26 AM
UH HUH!!
Well after the huge CONGRATULATIONS!
Don't forget you knew us all when..........................
while you jet set to Paris, and NY, and Italy gracing mags and books and runways.......................we will all still be here hoping for an update!

Congrats again to both you and your sister!
Blessings in all you do!

ChrisH
03-09-2007, 04:47 AM
Congratulations to you both! :D

Karen
03-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Congratulations both on being accepted, and on being smart enough not to spend money you don't need to spend! ;)

And yup, we'll all be able to say "We knew you when ..."

Toby's my baby
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone!

Of course, this will always be my home! :) ;)

Kalei
03-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow that is definately exciting! congrats!:D