PDA

View Full Version : My Boys

StarbrightSB
03-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce my 2 boys!

Taz is black with a white stripe going down his chin and white spots on his front paws. He's the shy one of the pair but is much calmer and relaxed when picked up. He doesn't like his hamster ball much, he tends to scratch the bottom and try furiously to get out; he's never run further than 5 feet away from me or where he started. Taz is the Chewer, any toilet paper roll put in the cage he will chew up and destroy within half an hour. :eek:

Marvin is a Siamese gerbil, colored much like Siamese cats. He's blond with a little pink nose. the fur around his nose is a little darker than the rest of his body and his tail is darker as well. He pushes around Taz and is much braver with coming to my hand, but he always squirms when I pick him up. He loves to run in his hamster ball and his wheel, especially when I'm trying to sleep! :rolleyes:

Ive had my gerbils for 2 and a half months now. They are squeakers.... I can't tell which one squeaks more often, but they always do when they squabble over room in their bed or house. Together they also reduced their 2 level house to a single level within 2 months! I had to chop the think in half because it wouldn't stand straight anymore. I bought them a wooden playhouse that they love!

Well here are the pictures!

chocolatepuppy
03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Taz and Marvin are both cuties! Welcome to Pet Talk! :D

DrKym
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Welcome to pet talk!
I am sure you will love it here! Everyone is wonderful!

You boys are adorable!
Thank you for sharing them with us.

Sophist
03-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Very cute! I have never seen either color before, or even HEARD of a siamese gerbil before. They're both beautiful. I love the siamese/himalayan color in ALL little animals.

I am assuming siamese is a pretty uncommon color, how about black and white ones?

:( Gerbils are illegal here, so it is always fun to see them on PT.

StarbrightSB
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
:( Gerbils are illegal here, so it is always fun to see them on PT.

What? That sucks! I don't know too much about the genetics, but the black are pretty common and the Siamese (that only refers to the color) are a spin off from black (They are brothers). To tell you the truth, i didn't even know he was Siamese, i just thought his different color tail was cute!

StarbrightSB
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
And thanks, you guys are all so sweet! :D

sweetpatata6
03-09-2007, 06:54 AM
I;m going to have to post one of my gerbil!!((her sister died two years ago :( ))And your;s are adorable!!!

Kalei
03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Aw they are definately cute! I always liked gerbils and their furry little tails:D

Zippy
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Both of your boys are dolls. :) I love there names. :)

Vermontcat
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Taz and Marvin are both so cute! :D
I love gerbils, I had several pairs of them when I was a kid and recently had a pair of black ones named Chocolate and Brownie.

Here is a color chart to show all the different colors they come in now.
Gerbil Colors (http://exoticpets.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=exoticpets&cdn=homegarden&tm=3&f=00&su=p284.7.420.ip_p284.5.420.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//home.wtal.de/ehr/gerbils/colors.htm)
I think the Siamese coloring is pretty, I think it is a rarer color, I have only seen one in that color.

Marigold2
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
They are very cute. Welcome to our Pet talk family.

nsweezie
03-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Love these two! They are very sweet and your pictures are lovely.
Louise

Taz_Zoee
03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
They are so cute!! I love the one of Taz stretching and yawning..LOL (I also love his name, ;))

BCollie_Kelly
03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
:) They're both very cute!