PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Anne McCaffrey?

NicoleLJ
03-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I love her books and can read them over and over agian. My favorite series of hers is the Pern novels. When ever I get a new one I will stay up all night and day reading till I am done. Anyone else love her books?
Nicole

drothergoodnow
03-08-2007, 06:54 PM
I love her books and can read them over and over agian. My favorite series of hers is the Pern novels. When ever I get a new one I will stay up all night and day reading till I am done. Anyone else love her books?
Nicole

I love her books too. Pern and the Rowan series are my favorites.

NicoleLJ
03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I haven't read her Rowan Series yet but I have read her Acorna The Unicorn Girl Series as well. Would you suggest the Rowan Series? What is it about?
Nicole

drothergoodnow
03-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I would highly recommend it if you are into psionics (super psychic powers). That's all I'll say about it. Don't want to spoil it for you. I'll have to pick up the Acorna series.

NicoleLJ
03-08-2007, 07:10 PM
I will defiantely check it out. Another good Series of hers that I enjoyed is the Doona Series. Those were really good books that I could read over and over agian.
Nicole

drothergoodnow
03-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I've seen them in the book stores, but haven't read them. I used to be able to read a book a day, but now, for some reason I can barely read. I have 5 books going, and it's all I can do to get through a chapter...

I'll have to check those out too.... :)

NicoleLJ
03-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I am a bookaholic. lol Hubby says it is pointless to buy me any books as presents because they only last a day or two before I am through them. Reading is one of my passions.
Nicole

AmberLee
03-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Yep, I'm a fan, too.

I like the Pern books, my favorites are the Harperhall trilogy and Master Robinton's 'bio'. I love the Rowan series and Pegasus (but can't recall at this moment whether Pegasus is a precursor to the Rowan series or not. I think so...)

Liked the Crystal Singer series, and loved the first book in the Doona books. I really like the 'Ship Who Sang' series. Not as fond of the books being co-written with other fantasy/sci fi authors.

ChrisH
03-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Nicole
*hand up* Me! :D I've only read the Pern though, and not all of them. I rely on my local library for most fiction books else I'd spend a fortune. :)

Karen
03-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Me! Me! I do! I have wanted myself a dragon since first reading them years and years ago. Wanted a dragon - or we'd joke that Ma thought her car was a dragon - because that way she might get somewhere on time!

AbbyMom
03-09-2007, 05:58 AM
I've enjoyed some of her Pern books and a few of the co-authors. Generally I prefer the hard science fiction, but McCaffrey is an excellent writer and her books are always enjoyable.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Not read any of her books - currently hooked on Jodi Picoult

smokey the elder
03-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I love the Pern series and in particular one of the tricks the dragons can do (don't want to spoil!) :p

Zippy
03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I want too.I saw one of her books at borders and thought It looked good.I think I will get it next month.Which one do you think I sould read first?
If it's a series,I don't want to read it out of order.

NicoleLJ
03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
If you go in the order by when they first landed then you will want to read DragonsDawn. If you want to read it from the first book she wrote in the Series you will want to read DragonFlight.

Here is a page that lists each book in the Pern Series(the others can be checked out as well from the side menu) in order of when they were writen. They give an exerpt of what the book is about also:

http://www.annemccaffreyfans.org/biblio/pern.html

Hope this helps.
Nicole

Aspen and Misty
03-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Anne McCaffrey is my favorite author and has been for sevral years. I own most of her Pern books because I love her portayl of dragons.

I'm with Karen on this in that ever since reading her books I want a dragon of my own. Think you can buy one??

I would also like to add that two of my animals are named after charactors in her Pern Series...

Please meet Jaxom:
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15531

and Sharra
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h55/Area07/SharraandBabies058.jpg

LOL.

Ashley

ramanth
03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
*points at user name* ;) :D

Been a huge fan of hers since Junior High. I was lucky enough to meet her and her son Todd at Dragon*Con in 2004.

I'm a huge dragon nut and collector because of her Pern series. :D

A friend and I also started an online roleplaying club which we have since left because real life got in the way, but the group is still going strong.

Cibryen Weyr (http://www.cibryen.com/)

I've tried to read the Rowan series as a teen but just couldn't get into them. Been meaning to pick them up again.

I also ended up getting Crested Geckos because of how much they remind me of little dragons. I should make wings for them. *laughs*

Denyce
03-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I also have loved the pern books. I devoured them all. I wanted to suggest a couple of other series by other authers if you like these books.

first off is the Ghatti Series by Gayle Greeno. These are large cats with psychic abilities.

Also is the new Joust Series by Mercedes Lackey. Excellent dragon series.

I read constantly...can't not have a book on me...my purse has to be large enough to hold a paperback and I buy them all because I love to be the first one to read them.

It might be interesting to have some kind of book swap.....hmmmm.....

I am just terrible at mailing things however

People buy me BN gift cards and my mom always buys me a membership for christmas each year so I can save money all year long. :D :D :D

AmberLee
03-09-2007, 10:56 PM
... I read constantly...can't not have a book on me...my purse has to be large enough to hold a paperback and I buy them all because I love to be the first one to read them.

It might be interesting to have some kind of book swap.....hmmmm.....

Several PT members have also joined BookCrossing (http://www.bookcrossing.com), another online obsession of mine. Lots of us have bookrings where we ship books to one another. Perhaps you might like to explore the site and see if you are interested in this aspect. If you decide to join, there's an option where you can list one of the PT/BookCrossing members as your sponsor. If you have questions, PM me.

DrKym
03-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Several PT members have also joined BookCrossing (http://www.bookcrossing.com), another online obsession of mine. Lots of us have bookrings where we ship books to one another. Perhaps you might like to explore the site and see if you are interested in this aspect. If you decide to join, there's an option where you can list one of the PT/BookCrossing members as your sponsor. If you have questions, PM me.

That sounds wonderful! would it be ok if I pmmed for more info? I devour books, and belong to several clubs.

AmberLee
03-11-2007, 01:31 AM
That sounds wonderful! would it be ok if I pmmed for more info? I devour books, and belong to several clubs.

Sure. I look forward to hearing from you.